collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 52165 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2022, 06:05:48 AM »
we're settling in a bit more. Luna is still in what i'm calling "curiosity mode" following us around, smelling everything. but she's getting into the routine. we had some conflicts over toys since one of my dogs pretty much claims all toys. but i managed to find a rope toy that had gone unwanted and gave it to Luna. that way she has something to chew.

other than managing doggie conflicts today is mostly work. lots of calls. hopefully i'll have time for actual work and not just calls.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
Experiment not looking great. Was hoping to avoid travel but might have to drive 4.5.h to use a machine. Stayed up too late working.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2022, 06:17:34 PM »
Not the best time. Had to restart knitting, AGAIN!!!
Stayed up too long, slept too late & missed an appointment I had little warning for as I forgot to look at my phone all day yesterday!!! Other than that pretty quiet so far. Since I haven't been awake for long, I can get up to stuff now...

So Artie i know how you feel xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2022, 05:40:17 AM »
I woke up with a massive headache. I took some medicine and it's mostly gone now. I should have some coffee, it helps.

I should have some things delivered today! From Amazon and Shimmerlocks :frolic:

My felting practice went well yesterday and I can now felt a ball :biggrin: That means I can felt bodies and heads! Felting a ball is harder than it sounds. Today though I'm going to work on my koi custom. I wanted to sculpt the fish but nothing is working out, so I guess I'll have to paint it instead.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2022, 05:03:12 AM »
getting a early start to the weekend by taking the day off. i have to take my partner to the doctor so that's less fun. hoping he's doing alright.

Luna is doing well and the dogs are getting along ok. despite some disputes over toys. Update: they landscapers are moving the lawn. Luna's a little skeptical but she's being brave. we're leaving her at home for the first time today so i'm a little nervous. we've always done crate training but we're uneasy about leaving 1 dog in a crate and the others loose. it just doesn't seem fair. so we're going to try without the crate.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:57:04 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2022, 07:02:53 AM »
Yaiy BC!!! You're doing stuff!!!

Beth, hope partner gets what needs sorted, sorted xxx

Anyway, to me: I made MUFFINS!!! Choc chip Muffins!!! Burnt the first batch due to air fryer cooking them more quickly than an oven, but salvaged most of the burnt ones. Got three more batches from the mix & tried some today: delish!!! Choc chip, made with a couple of Fairtrade choc bars broken into bits.
Then I noticed I had one tub of flour left... Rush to the Co-op this morning for more supplies. No all-purpose flour, only plain & bread. Was told to treat bread like it's flour plus a bit of baking powder. Got other bits too. Now making shortcrust out of the last of the plain, because shortcrust is best with plain flour or all purpose, not bread flour. Bread flour had a bread recipe on the back. Clipped it... At least bread flour is good for making pizza with!!! And since it can be considered as having its own bit of baking powder in, I can also use it for cakes & stuff. It's just shortcrust...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2022, 11:45:02 AM »
Mmmm pastry!

Today... I didn't go to work I fell asleep again until 11.30. I went in for two hours late in the afternoon though. I just felt so sick and so tired! I finally bought some maternity trousers that are big enough to fit 3 x people in. Not much excitement to report if I'm honest. Good wishes to everyone.

@BC I love felted things, can't wait to see how you get on!
@Beth I hope the appointment goes OK and you both have a good weekend. Are you haivng work done on your garden then?
@PBW I'm glad to hear of your baking adventures. We use bread flour for bread and pizza as you say, also choux pastry and thickening sauces. Would be good to hear how you get on with using bread flour with baking powder for cakes. I think it's OK for cakes that are normally moist and heavy anyway, like brownies.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2022, 11:56:57 AM »
I took my old PC chair out of my room, which makes it look so much bigger. I cleared my desk and there's space on it for the first time in years. I've had this laptop for 5 years and it's the first time it's been able to fit on my desk in all that time.

...Lots of sorting still to do.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
That's the last payment on my holiday made ... Starting to feel more real!!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »
@Artie just the lawn mowing for now. i'm hoping to do some more work on the lawn in the spring. right now it's so dry and there are water restrictions so no point in planting anything. i really want to have landscaping that's more suited to a hot and dry climate. but i have to see what the HOA allows and how much it will cost. the city water provider will give out rebates to help people convert to landscaping that doesn't require a lot of water. but it won't cover the entire cost.

also Luna did ok while we were gone. except she managed to get the oven mitt off the counter and shred it. better an oven mitt than the furniture but i need to be more careful about what i leave on the counter. i forgot how to puppy proof a house.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2022, 11:04:25 PM »
@Taffeta Very pleased for you! It must be great to have your workspace (avalanche) clear especially after a long period

@Lady Frostbite congrats on your holiday plans! Where are you going?

@Beth The rebate scheme sounds exciting! No-one would do that here, we just get banned from using the hose. I think you did mention xeriscaping before, I love the way that looks. Glad your lovely dog is settling in OK with few mishaps :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2022, 06:39:37 AM »
San Antonio also had a rebate and coupon program to get people to move to using less water. i didn't have a lawn back then so i never did the rebates. but a lot of people got coupons at least. i'm not sure if they used them.

it was really eye opening moving from Houston, a place that generally has too much water, to a dryer part of the state. though when i lived in Houston after the 2011 drought i stopped running the sprinklers and the grass came back fine. i'm ok with the grass being brown sometimes. also low maintenance landscaping is good for me since i'm not great with plants. i'm never going to be the person who's in the garden every day. though i do need to do some weeding today.

i'm also planning to do some cleaning today. need to vacuum and clean the floors. wash bedding. i also need to call my parents and tell them we have a new family member :) i'm sure it will be a while before i can bring Luna over to visit. my dad is more of a cat person.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2022, 06:57:25 AM »
Going out to grab one last thing for my daughter's birthday tomorrow
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2022, 07:20:21 AM »
Oh, happy early birthday, Little LAW! :tort:

I've got a lot to do today. I need to clean all my veggies, clean the litter boxes, make new fly traps. There's a festival with fun events going on at Pony Island that I want to do, some of them are crafting events which are my favorites. I want to start a new felting project (I've been saying that for days now). Right now I'm helping someone with hair matches in Customs, gotta track down the DH alternates. Plus I can start on a new custom (I have also been saying this for days), but this time I have the tinsel I need, so maybe that will motivate me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2022, 11:22:52 AM »
@Lady Frostbite congrats on your holiday plans! Where are you going?

Spain!! I've never been before, and I wanted a beach holiday as the last time i was at the beach was for two days during volunteering and really enjoyed myself but was desperate for more. This time I go without having to follow a group, I can relax on the beach that's literally outside the hotel, and paddle in the sea!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal