collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 53000 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2022, 03:54:33 AM »
today we had to evacuate our house because of a wildfire. thankfully everything is fine. right now at least. but it was very stressful. i was taking a nap when i got a text saying to evacuate immediately. we also had to go get my parents who live nearby.

now i have to stay up most of the night for work stuff. not procrastination, just website stuff that has to be done in the middle of the night.

:hug:

This may be why I get confused by your time zone!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2022, 05:33:03 AM »
Oh no, Beth! That's awful :( I hope your home stays safe. There are wildfires all over the world right now. It's not something I've ever experienced and hope I never will.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »
so far so good. the fire isn't growing anymore and no property or people have been harmed. it was definitely scary. we could see a lot of smoke from our backyard. hopefully we get some rain soon. it's just hot and dry.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2022, 05:28:12 PM »
Beth3346, I hope everything goes well and you and your family get back home soon! :hug:
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2022, 07:48:02 PM »
So glad you got out safe & sound Beth!!! Here's hoping everybody did & there was no major damage xxx

Never managed to knit because I sank into too many Reddit abysses. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT??? Due to this I had another long sleep. Hope I can do some knitting today... Not heard from Aliexpress yet...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2022, 04:25:29 AM »
we were able to come back home pretty quickly. the fire was closer to my parent's house so they had to stay at our house for a few hours. my dad wanted to go back sooner but i didn't think it was safe. my parents still haven't adjusted to living in a hilly area and if they can't see the danger they don't believe it.

the fire is mostly contained now and thankfully there was no damage to people or anyone's home. it seems like it was mostly in a park area.

i need to be better prepared. i couldn't find our important papers and forgot to take clothes, medication. all i thought to take was the dogs, a dog toy, leashes and computers. no ponies even.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2022, 12:52:39 PM »
So glad you got out safe & sound Beth!!! Here's hoping everybody did & there was no major damage xxx

Never managed to knit because I sank into too many Reddit abysses. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT??? Due to this I had another long sleep. Hope I can do some knitting today... Not heard from Aliexpress yet...

Maybe it's interesting, I wouldn't worry about it... or set a timer  :lol:

i need to be better prepared. i couldn't find our important papers and forgot to take clothes, medication. all i thought to take was the dogs, a dog toy, leashes and computers. no ponies even.

I guess we're all trained not to take stuff with us when evacuating in the event of a fire. Maybe an overnight bag for you and the dogs, then next time all you have to remember is computer and documents. I had a brief look and maybe fire proof security safe might be a good option for documents and a hard drive backup, so then all you need to think about is getting to safety. I'm sure you'll think about it a lot, but once you settle on a plan I hope you manage to get some time to relax in the next day or so and take your mind off it.

As for my day, I got some confusing results from a very time-consuming experiment. So I'm feeling a bit worried about that but hoping I will be able to figure it out tomorrow. I'm going to watch garden makeover programs to relax  :blink:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 12:56:04 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2022, 05:36:32 AM »
@Artie I hope everything works out ok :)

yeah i think we need to keep a "go bag" with clothes and other necessities packed. we also need to look into getting a safe.

so yesterday we adopted another dog. our local animal shelter is overfull so I couldn't resist. we're back to being a 3 dog family. she's very sweet and has lots of energy. they're all working out their space. but right now everyone is taking a nap :)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2022, 05:43:51 AM »
Congrats on the new family member! :hearts: What kind of dog is she? I wish I could adopt another senior cat but my cat likes being the only one. I do want to get rodents though soon. Not sure what. Dwarf hamsters, gerbils, or guinea pigs. I've also taken an interest in dart frogs, but the enclosures are so expensive. So it's just me and my kitty for now.

I keep saying I'm going to work on my art projects, but the last few days I've been so tired I haven't done anything. Today! I will work on them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2022, 06:33:38 AM »
we're not really sure about breed. i think maybe fox terrier mix. she has a somewhat pointy head and is mostly black with white markings. she doesn't seem to have a terrier personality though. she knows how to sit and go out to do her business. but we need to work on "stay" and "get down". she did sleep through most of the night though so that's good. she only woke us up once wanting to play. she's already eaten several bugs so i think she'll help with pest control. but we'll need to be careful about dropping anything on the floor. i'll post a photo in a little while.

Here she is. Her name is Luna. She's about 8-9 months old so she should be almost full grown. Chloe the chi-pom is the cream one sleeping. Chloe is skeptical but warming up to her new sibling.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:19:08 PM by Beth3346 »

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2022, 11:00:12 AM »
Congrats Beth!

I did some working today after getting up late. I checked the temperature monitors in the store rooms and growth room at work. I counted some seedlings and sowed some seeds. I can't really complain. For dinner I had sausages (i.e. UK style bangers) with chips, coleslaw and baked beans out of a tin. I don't have this very often, but it reminds me of the canteens used as a student. I make the coleslaw fresh though. I recently discovered the difference between live and dead vinegar. Dead vinegar is basically acetic acid and sometimes a brown dye. Real vinegar is made by microorgnaisms and the difference in the depth of flavour is amazing. Apparently real vinegars are used in Cajun cooking a lot. I had no idea and keen to try making some.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2022, 11:05:32 AM »
Another long sleep, but at least I did a little knitting. Made coffee today (it's back now the thrift week is done) & picked up a few essentials & a couple of snacks. Ate both snacks. More chilling otherwise. Didn't see my pal I took to the aquarium, & people who could tell me why couldn't remember where she was instead. Still a fun chat & told a couple of her pals about the aquarium trip. May make choc chip muffins tomorrow (have silicone cups for them)

Beth what a relief!!! And congrats on the new four-legged family member!!! What a cutie xxx

BC I hope you get enough energy to be productive too xxx

Artie here's hoping xxx And so interesting about the vinegar too!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 03:35:38 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2022, 12:52:29 PM »
Oh Beth, your dog is adorable! What a gorgeous lady. Agree on USA Fox Terrier. Reminds me of the Fell Terrier or Patterdale, being larger and more refined that the Jack Russel and with a far nicer personality! What a great dog!

@PBW, I'm glad you made it out to have coffee and a chat with some new people. Thank you, glad you liked the vinegar story. I'm such a nerd sometimes.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2022, 06:41:39 PM »
Beth3346, congrats! Luna is a sweet looking dog and she has a beautiful name!  :lovey:

BC, I didn't get anything done either. I had to clean the garden of weeds and plants that had already finished blooming. Actually, the rain that lasted all day was an obstacle, not my tiredness. BUT, I could have done a lot of other things inside the house. If today, Wednesday, I would have more strength, as long as I have slept a little first. Even now, the morning is already dawning and I'm just sitting at the computer, even though I should have been sleeping for many hours already. I hope you get new strength soon too! :hug:
:zzz: :redface:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2022, 05:00:35 AM »
Aw, Luna is beautiful! :heart: I love all the dots on her legs and toes. She reminds me of my sister's pitbull color wise. He was black and white with spots like that too.

Thanks, HoM :hug: I did get some things done, but I have a lot to do around the house today.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 05:03:12 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal