collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you close an account?  (Read 2333 times)

GoldenLambPony

• Trade Count: (0)
How do you close an account?
« on: October 12, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »
I recently joined another pony board. However, the rules on that board are that we are not allowed to have an account at the arena.  :( So I have to close my account. Usually when I leave a site, I want to make sure I don't leave behind an active user name or password for my own protection. I searched the rules and help sections, but could not find any information on how to close an account. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: How do you close an account?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »
What site is that!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:06:44 PM by avene1984 »

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »
What site is that!!!  I am not going to join that one!

^This. Any board that has rules against you having a username on a particular other board immediately raises suspicion to me. Be mindful of yourself over there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
What site is that!!!  I am not going to join that one!

^This. Any board that has rules against you having a username on a particular other board immediately raises suspicion to me. Be mindful of yourself over there.

?  I am confused........ I better go back to bed...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:12:25 PM by avene1984 »

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
That sounds really weird. Why would you not be allowed on this site?
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
It is called the My Little Pony Underground which has a private link, and evidently not many people get invited, so it is quite rare. I think the owner of the board though has some kind of issues with the arena and she doesn't want anyone who joins her board to also be a member of the arena. If I get caught with an account on here then I could be banned from using their site.  :(  I feel like it is rare to get invited though, and my friend is on there. I didn't want to turn it down. My friend became a member there and recommended me. She is one of the only real life pony friends I have, especially since the move. I kind of wanted to be in it with her. I really do like this site though, but I want to follow their rules so I can get on with my friend.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
That is really weird.  I didn't realize there was a competing Arena hating pony fan site out there.  Please be careful, it just sounds so weird they would try to restrict your access to other fan sites and other fans.  If it's on the up and up have fun and I'm sure one of our mods could help you with this.  But you should probably message them privately so it doesn't draw so much attention to you and this other place.  They might backlash you for even mentioning them here.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
I'm sure one of our mods could help you with this.  But you should probably message them privately so it doesn't draw so much attention to you and this other place. They might backlash you for even mentioning them here.

I wasn't sure which mod I was supposed to ask. There are so many of them. The first time I asked a mod a question, they answered me, but then told me they were the wrong mod to contact for that and that there was a board to post on for those types of questions. So I didn't want to contact the wrong one again and looked for a board that seemed to best match my problem this time. I never know what to do. Anyone know if there is an account closing mod? I don't want to draw attention, but I don't want to ask the wrong mod again either. I would hate to have my last action on the arena be to bug the wrong mod.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I will be fine. My friend seems to think it is an okay place to be. I don't think they would backlash for just talking about it on here.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
I would say sig and site support mods since this is a site support problem. So SourdoughStomper or Kiwi woudl be most likely to be able to help. :)

If they are going to backlash against you for having an account here, and ban you for life, I think they will probably be angry you posting about them/your membership.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
... this rings alarm bells in my head ... me personally would want NOTHING to do with a site that in any way tries to restrict where i can and cannot go for ANY reason ... :\ ...

... just because something is "rare" ... doesn't mean it's good ...  and them telling you what you can and cannot do already ... :\ ... sounds a  bit controlling already ... please take care wherever it is
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
Wow, sounds like the site is run by my ex-boyfriend.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
Who could have an issue with this place? It's so nice here.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
... this rings alarm bells in my head ... me personally would want NOTHING to do with a site that in any way tries to restrict where i can and cannot go for ANY reason ... :\ ...

... just because something is "rare" ... doesn't mean it's good ...  and them telling you what you can and cannot do already ... :\ ... sounds a  bit controlling already ... please take care wherever it is

This. That site sounds absolutely controlling. Watch out, things may go badly if you happen to disagree on something they like.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
Wow, a pony site that won't let you go freely to any other pony related site? That's basically taking away your online freedom to an extent.

Are you sure you'd want to leave a civil place like this to go to a controlling website like that? Can't you bring your friend to over here? I'm sure she'd like it here more after coming here, than being controlled and limited over there.

Chances are, if that community is controlling and won't let you go freely to any site, you want, how do you know they won't let you speak as freely as you want? Say one thing or disagree, and they possibly could make you an outcast. >,<

Just because it's a secret club or an rare, underground community, doesn't always mean it's always a great place. If you are gonna go, I hope it works out for the best over there. :hug:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
The good thing is we will always be here to welcome you back.  If they kick you out or you decide you don't like it there you will always be welcome here.  We love all our pony people, and we will not hold it against you that you belong/belonged to a group who harbors such extreme hatred for us here on the Arena. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal