collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reporting threads?  (Read 434 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Reporting threads?
« on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
I'm sorry if there's some obvious way to do this (I looked and couldn't figure it out), but is there a way to report entire threads with the request they be closed? I see how to report individual posts, but in this case, I feel it's just the thread overall that has gotten way out of hand and is entirely inappropriate for the site. I know ultimately it's up to the mods' discretion as to whether a thread will be locked or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I love this forum a ton, but the amount of anger and even hate I've seen coming from this single thread is really upsetting.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting threads?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:15:56 AM »
There's no way to report a whole thread, as such. But if you just pick a post, report it, and state something to the effect, "I'm reporting this whole thread for XYZ" - that works just as well. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting threads?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
If it's something you posted I know you can pm the mod of the forum and ask it to be closed.  I've done this before.  If it's something that won't die on it's own you can request to have it locked up and they are usually very quick about it! Otherwise usually if you just leave it alone it will drop below the radar on it's own.  As for a thread that isn't yours I think it's customary to just pick a post to report and then in the box just say 'hey this is getting out of hand".

Edit: Now be aware our mods usually will drop a warning first to give people a chance to straighten up their behavior.  But if it's very hurtful they usually lock it up right away, or if people are ignoring mod warnings they usually lock it right away.

Gotta love our mods!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal