collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When someone is not happy with an item who pays for return shipping?  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: When someone is not happy with an item who pays for return shipping?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
I just hope this gets sorted for you, I agree with what Tula said.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:39:05 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
I guess all this is true but still it really isn't going to solve this problem to discuss the cameras and the monitors. Just saying. Hugs....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »
Okay I just have one little thing to say...

I don't want to jump in the middle but, sometimes what I do to help my pictures look more accurate is edit the photo saturation or hue - holding the brush up in the normal lighting indoors and trying to match it to my screen.

Now - I'm not this picky about brushes and combs. Unless someone sent me a green brush when I asked for a yellow one... I feel the "colors" we define can be kind of relative. A pinkish-purple brush versus a purpleish-pink brush? A magenta brush vs a dark pink brush? Lavender versus Light Purple? I definitely think colors are hard to define... It sounds like an honest mistake and I understand how terribly expensive shipping back and forth is, especially when it's a tiny accessory like a brush...

I do hope you can resolve this with the buyer Chip :hug: You're a good seller and I know it wasn't done on purpose!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
I agree though that its not obnoxious or rude to mention it, its just that a decision has to be made and everyone could speculate over and over about the quality of the photos and the problem would still be that a buyer is unhappy with their purchase.

Post Merge: June 19, 2013, 10:41:03 AM

I feel the "colors" we define can be kind of relative. A pinkish-purple brush versus a purpleish-pink brush? A magenta brush vs a dark pink brush? Lavender versus Light Purple? I definitely think colors are hard to define... It sounds like an honest mistake and I understand how terribly expensive shipping back and forth is, especially when it's a tiny accessory like a brush...
I do hope you can resolve this with the buyer Chip :hug: You're a good seller and I know it wasn't done on purpose!

This is true the G1 accessories drive me crazy when it comes to the correct interpretation of color of combs and brushes. Still all the same, the buyer didn't get what they thought they were going to get and are unhappy with their purchase.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:41:03 AM by tulagirl »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
I agree though that its not obnoxious or rude to mention it, its just that a decision has to be made and everyone could speculate over and over about the quality of the photos and the problem would still be that a buyer is unhappy with their purchase.

Post Merge: June 19, 2013, 10:41:03 AM

I feel the "colors" we define can be kind of relative. A pinkish-purple brush versus a purpleish-pink brush? A magenta brush vs a dark pink brush? Lavender versus Light Purple? I definitely think colors are hard to define... It sounds like an honest mistake and I understand how terribly expensive shipping back and forth is, especially when it's a tiny accessory like a brush...

This is true the G1 accessories drive me crazy when it comes to the correct interpretation of color of combs and brushes. Still all the same, the buyer didn't get what they thought they were going to get and are unhappy with their purchase.

Oh no I agree, I wasn't trying to say that the buyer was out of line. I just think - all of us that collect G1 accessories, whether it was the buyer or seller, is usually aware of the slight color variations that CAN exist... true they did not get what they hoped for and I know it's frustrating for both buyer and seller in this case. :(

My Want List

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »
Seconding the need for photo corrction software. I have some that shipped on my laptop already, one of the default photo displaying thing. I use that on nearly everything I post on here because the light in my house sucks

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:24 AM »

Oh no I agree, I wasn't trying to say that the buyer was out of line. I just think - all of us that collect G1 accessories, whether it was the buyer or seller, is usually aware of the slight color variations that CAN exist... true they did not get what they hoped for and I know it's frustrating for both buyer and seller in this case. :(

Oh no I didn't think that you were saying that Sunshine...not at all.  I just think that we have done all we can do in this thread as far as advice is concerned and its up to Chip to decide what she wants to do about this. I hope that both the buyer and seller will be able to compromise where everyone can be happy in the end. 

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »

Oh no I didn't think that you were saying that Sunshine...not at all.  I just think that we have done all we can do in this thread as far as advice is concerned and its up to Chip to decide what she wants to do about this. I hope that both the buyer and seller will be able to compromise where everyone can be happy in the end.

Agreed. We all know how frustrating it can be when honest mistakes are made. It puts everyone in a "situation". :huh: But, the good thing is, most of the time, buyers and sellers work well on the Arena and sort things out without it getting ugly, I'm sure this will be the case for you Chip. :hug: Good luck! We know it wasn't done on purpose!

My Want List

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Yea maybe a moderator can help them or offer some other suggestion.  I am not one so, I just only hope it turns out well too.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
Thank you Tula.  But I think it is best at this point that we leave it up Chip and her buyer. We can discuss all day about screen calibration v camera quality - i.e. seller v buyer and it is not relevant..  ;)

I am quoting my original response below:

I suppose there is no written rule on the Arena on how you proceed with an issue such as yours. It is completely up to you as a seller on how you want to handle it. If it were me and I knew my camera was not the greatest I would graciously accept the return and return her expenses she paid to send the item back. But I also handle my ebay transactions the same way even though ebay does not force the seller to do so. And I only do so if it is error on my part, not buyers remorse.

So I guess what it really comes down to is if your willing to accept a neutral or negative over the transaction? I know it sounds unfair but Sebby summed it up, at the end of the day it is still a misrepresented item in your buyers eyes.

I do hope you will be able to come to a resolution with your buyer that satisfies both parties. Good Luck!

I am also going to add that perhaps Chip should simply ask her buyer if she is willing to meet her half way?
Perhaps the buyer could keep combs to the value of return shipping
And then Chip refunds the original shipping and the total value of the combs? Just a suggestion.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:12 AM »
All I can say is that if all the brushes that I bought in the past were exactly the same as their picture then I would be minus a LOT of doubles now :D

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:52 AM »
All I can say is that if all the brushes that I bought in the past were exactly the same as their picture then I would be minus a LOT of doubles now :D

Exactly!.... Thank You.... and welcome to my life of overwhelming accessories!

We may have come to an agreement, she'll keep what she was expecting and I will issue a refund for what she was displeased with and she will send what was wrong back (of course I have no way to verify that what I receive is 100% what I have shipped out, arena people are overall Honest- right?)

I can only remember one other sour transaction dealing with arena members, but overall everyone has been friendly.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »
I think that sounds like a fair solution Chip.  :ohyeah:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
Glad that you're hopefully sorting things out :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »

Exactly!.... Thank You.... and welcome to my life of overwhelming accessories!

We may have come to an agreement, she'll keep what she was expecting and I will issue a refund for what she was displeased with and she will send what was wrong back (of course I have no way to verify that what I receive is 100% what I have shipped out, arena people are overall Honest- right?)

I can only remember one other sour transaction dealing with arena members, but overall everyone has been friendly.

LoL if I could even find two brushes that were the EXACT same color... srsly!

But I'm glad to hear you're working things out with the buyer! It sounds like a good solution, and I hope you have no further issues from here! :)

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal