collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lotsa Liv questions - can someone help me out? ^^  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:57:41 PM by Taxel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lotsa Liv questions - can someone help me out? ^^
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
As always South Africa has the old dolls still in the stores. I can get making waves hayden, katie and alexis. After school hayden and maybe katie, I will have to check.  I have also seen outdoor Sophie,  katie and daniela and some of the ones with pets. I have seen a lot of clothes packs and wigs and the eco lodge playset. Let me know if you want me to get you anything  :biggrin:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
Taxel - Thank you so much! Now I get what Luvly said about the seam. If only I could figure out how that eye mechanism works. Technically it should be possible to detach the eyes, mhh... Maybe I should just go for one!

WildLace - MY HERO! :hug:
I have already covered my Liv doll needs for now. Liv wigs are always welcome, though! I would love to own an afro, redhead and that purple/blonde one ^^
Can Moxie Teenz wear Liv clothes?
Speaking of which, if you could look for Moxie Teenz I'd be forever grateful to you!! They're just awfully hard to get for me. Germany never got them and ebay is way too expensive (they often want 30€ for a doll and even more for shipping).

I'm currently looking urgently for Signature Tristen, 2nd Edition Bijou and any fashion/acc packs. But all other MT dolls are fine, too (I need them for their clothes). Just not the rooted ones (I think they're called "Formal") ^^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:44:00 PM by Zapper »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »
If you pop it open I'm sure how it works would be pretty straightforward.

I highly doubt Moxie Teenz could fit most Liv clothes, but some might be possible. MTs are MUCH bigger than Livs, it actually honestly stunned me when I stood them up next to each other.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »
I highly doubt Moxie Teenz could fit most Liv clothes, but some might be possible. MTs are MUCH bigger than Livs, it actually honestly stunned me when I stood them up next to each other.[/center]

Yeah, I know that they're huge, but their body's are so slim. Maybe a baggy shirt could be a skin-tight top.
I heard that Barbie clothes can fit them, but that doll has horrible fashion sense *g* Basically I'm searching for some good alternatives, since I have a nude Moxie Teen I'm waiting for and I wouldn't want to keep her nude ^^

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Zapper - I have only seen 3 moxie teens. I wasnt really looking for them, maybe if I look
I will find more. I saw 1 of those tristen dolls and two arizonas she has white leggings and a denium jacket.  The box says interchangeble wigs.  I also saw the pink bob wig and a blondish pink long wig. And a fashion pack with a yellow swimsuit in it. I think I saw another formal one but I will have to go check.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 08:03:28 AM »
Zapper - I have only seen 3 moxie teens. I wasnt really looking for them, maybe if I look
I will find more. I saw 1 of those tristen dolls and two arizonas she has white leggings and a denium jacket.  The box says interchangeble wigs.  I also saw the pink bob wig and a blondish pink long wig. And a fashion pack with a yellow swimsuit in it. I think I saw another formal one but I will have to go check.

Ohhh, I'm so excited! Those are the wave 1 dolls a.k.a. the best ones. Quality seemed to drop after the first release, so I'm thankful as can be you are still able to find them in stores q__q
The swimsuit fashion pack is a must-have for me and so is wave 1 Tristen.
I've assembled a little list, if you see them you could buy them for me and I will give you the money via paypal as well as cyber hugs and kisses :lol:

-Wave 1 Tristen
-Wave 2 Melrose
-Wave 2 Arizona
-Wave 2 Bijou
-Swimsuit Fashion

Wigs (can be either Liv or Moxie Teenz)
-Afro wig
-Pink bob wig ^^
-Ginger wig

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
Robo-Sophie :biggrin:
Thanks, Taxel!! After seeing those pics I have decided against using the Sleepover Livs for my project. It seems to be some work to change the eyes and I don't like how from certain angles I'm able to see directly into the skull just by looking at the eye sockets.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »
Huh, so that's how it looks inside. Wow, my hypothesis was right. :P The eyes had something weighted to the back of them, so when standing up, it'll roll the eyes open, and when laying down, the weight rolls the eyes closed. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »
Huh, so that's how it looks inside. Wow, my hypothesis was right. :P The eyes had something weighted to the back of them, so when standing up, it'll roll the eyes open, and when laying down, the weight rolls the eyes closed. XD

Yeah, in theory it's a simple mechanism, but switching eye colors when your only exchange eyes are regular Liv ones seems to be a little too tricky for a noob like me :lol:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
I thought they'd be impossible to do too when I first tried, but on my first try, it actually worked out well and wasn't as hard as I thought.

My first experience from what I can remember:
-Dumped doll's head into boiling water in a cup and let it soak to soften up
-Pulled her out and emptied the water from her head
-Burned myself with minor cursing
-Removed the head (was always paranoid and still am about doing that) from the body
-Dipped in hot water again to soften head again to remove eyes
-Stuck chopstick into the head through neck hole
-Popped out eyes one by one (very graphic thing to see :P) by gently pushing out from the back of the eye
-Covering the stick with a towel or something from damaging the eyes, pushed eyes back into the sockets. (One of the most tricky part of the process)

As for this one, it looks like the eyes ARE part of the mechanism, so switching eye color with a Sleepover Liv Doll would be either impossible, or very time consuming, depending on person's skill lvl. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal