collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least Popular MH Dolls and Why?  (Read 2155 times)

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Least Popular MH Dolls and Why?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »
At my local stores there are:

schools out Frankie,
sig Abbey,
Clawd and draculaura set,
Fear leading 3-pack,
sig frankie and
sig draculaura,
classroom Ghoulia and
Classroom frankie,
Dead tired Ghoulia,
SS Draculaura and Ghoulia
I <3 fashion Abbey and Frankie
Dead tired Abbey
Dead tired Clawdeen
Dead tired draculaura (the second one)
sig nefera
sig opperetta
sig spectra
all the DDG girls
Sweet 1600 girls
SS Abbey
Cleo vanity
Ghoulia and Spectra soft dolls
ummmm......that is all i can think of now

That is all at my stores in my local area. I haven't gone to look at the City Recently so there might be more.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:46 AM »
Shelf-warmers overe here are:

Sweet 1600 - Mainly frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura. : I think because of their ridicoulously high price at like $58 /each.
Rochelle and Jackson: have no idea why, but they're everywhere.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »
Poor Frankie is the shelf warmer currently: Ghoul's Rule, Scaris, and Threaderella at Target.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Biggest shelf warmers here are the GR dolls, as Zapper mentioned.
A year ago stores were brimful with the 'Forbitten Love' 2-pack and 1600, even Clawd to some extend, which is why he can still be bought online at retail over here. (but german retail is pricey unless there is a sale...$50 for 1600 Clawd)

The CAM starter sets and all the playsets also tend to sit on the shelves for AGES. I can still buy the Hydration Station, Cleo Vanity, various beds and the roadster here, but it's because they're way overpriced. :|

(And Zapper, WHAT? Venus for sold on ebay for €70? I know I walked into REAL one day and they had like.. 50 of her. Or more.. I compared every single one to the sound of my boyfriend bickering, yet only two of them had acceptable makeup. LOL Mattel QC. But DANG, I should've sold some then.. I'd have a Gil by now had I only known about that. :<)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:46:51 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
Shelf-warmers overe here are:

Sweet 1600 - Mainly frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura. : I think because of their ridicoulously high price at like $58 /each.
Rochelle and Jackson: have no idea why, but they're everywhere.

you can actually still get jackson?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
I haven't been collecting very long, but I've definitely noticed some shelf warmers. Most of them have been clearanced out by now. Here's the ones I've seen since I've been collecting:

Skull Shores Ghoulia & Draculaura
Sweet 1600 Clawdeen & Frankie (way more Clawdeen than Frankie, though)
Ghouls Rule Clawdeen
DDG 3 Pack
DDG Lagoona
Sig Robecca
RM Operetta & Ghoulia
Classroom Draculaura
Scaris Frankie, Rochelle & Draculaura

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
shelf Warmers here:

roller maze ghoulia
scaris Frankie
scaris draculara

think that's about it at the moment. hope those scaris draculara sell soon so they get more shipments in for deuce lol

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
A lot of those mentioned are shelf warmers because they ship soooooo many of those same dolls in the same box. Like with the new scaris basic assortment change that is coming. They are taking out the one boy and making it ALL girls... If they evened out the amount of dolls sent out. Say scaris deuce dolls in the assortment and less girls, they wouldnt warm as much (expecially now since the boys are becoming more popular) They really need to even out the boy/girl ratio... All these girls in the set and only one boy each... the gf's are probably jealous of all the attention their SO is getting  :blush:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
(And Zapper, WHAT? Venus for sold on ebay for €70? I know I walked into REAL one day and they had like.. 50 of her. Or more.. I compared every single one to the sound of my boyfriend bickering, yet only two of them had acceptable makeup. LOL Mattel QC. But DANG, I should've sold some then.. I'd have a Gil by now had I only known about that. :<)

There was a time when Robecca and Venus were going for a lot on ebay. I don't know why. I think it was a few weeks after they had hit shelves in Germany. Some people were probably desperate to get them.

I waited until she was in stock again and bought one for 23€ :)

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
The current stand-out shelf-warmers here are the DDG girls, but especially DDG Spectra. There are days I will go to TRU and the only doll they have is DDG Spectra; tons of her laying around. Ghouls Alive dolls and certain deluxe Scaris dolls (Rochelle and Frankie) are also shelf-warmer-ish but not nearly to the extent of DDG Spectra dolls.

The dolls that I remember being shelf-warmers that are now highly sought-after dolls were the Cleo+Deuce gift set and Holt.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
I'm reeaally new to Monster High! I knew about them for ages but was never interested in collecting. But I was drawn by Robecca and Rochelle - gargoyle and steam punk dolls!? must have! I went online and did some research. I've bought Rochelle I love her but feel I might as well wait for another release of Robecca that has nicer clothing. I think she is lovely but the wavy loose hair has no style to it (I could style it I guess but I'd like to see what steam punky thing they come up with) then her outfit is so skimpy its like a swimsuit. I don't feel pudish about that, but I prefer something more substantial like a long dress and a jacket. The signature release doesnt seem steam punk enough
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »
The current stand-out shelf-warmers here are the DDG girls, but especially DDG Spectra. There are days I will go to TRU and the only doll they have is DDG Spectra; tons of her laying around. Ghouls Alive dolls and certain deluxe Scaris dolls (Rochelle and Frankie) are also shelf-warmer-ish but not nearly to the extent of DDG Spectra dolls.

The dolls that I remember being shelf-warmers that are now highly sought-after dolls were the Cleo+Deuce gift set and Holt.

Oh- I would say that everything in this post is true of my area too. 

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
At my local Walmart, DDG, GR, RM and PD all warm the shelves. It's literally all my Walmart orders. I'm sure people are sick of seeing them.. I know I am.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »
The shelf warmers near me....

SS Ghoulia all the way. She lingered well into the RM and Scaris phases.
RM Ghoulia is the same :( she's much cuter but lingers due to being in every case! RM Operetta is a shelf lingerer too.

DDG Lagoona at Target for some reason. I'd want her but don't need more unless there's a sale!

PD Lala and Abbey. I think these two are the majority of the cases and that's probably why they don't move. (Already so many dolls of Lala)

Scaris Deluxe Frankie. She's everywhere.  The Draculaura+Abbey are often around too from the thin box releases. (Once again so many dolls of them at once?)

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
SD Ghoulia was definitely a shelf warmer here for quite a while too. I'm still seeing a fair amount of Rochelle, Venus & Robecca in some stores. But the KMarts here are always full of Sweet 1600 Cupid! I thought she'd be really popular but either no one wants her or they overstocked. :shrug:
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal