collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Rainbow Dash Jumbo Plush Information Requested...  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
G3 Rainbow Dash Jumbo Plush Information Requested...
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
This is the plush I'm referring to if you guys are wondering...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The plushes you could find at Toys R Us when the early days of G3 were around.  Was this plush ever released in the U.S.?  Was she very limited and once she sold out she was never heard from again?

I want to get one but I'm wondering if it might be like the G3 Rainbow Dash patchwork plush where she seemed to be very limited...

I also want that one.  :biggrin:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: G3 Rainbow Dash Jumbo Plush Information Requested...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:18:17 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't have the information you're asking for, but I had to pop in and say that patchwork RD is so cute! I've never seen her before, but I hope you can find them both!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
Sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure that particular Rainbow Dash plush was a UK release only. :(

For the US, I think the only plush ponies in this style were Pinkie Pie, Toola Roola, and... either Sweetsong or Fluttershy, I can never remember which. The US did get the Rainbow Dash pillow buddy, which is sort of similar, but I don't know if that would suit you or even be any easier to find.

Good luck in your hunt!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »
Sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure that particular Rainbow Dash plush was a UK release only. :(

For the US, I think the only plush ponies in this style were Pinkie Pie, Toola Roola, and... either Sweetsong or Fluttershy, I can never remember which. The US did get the Rainbow Dash pillow buddy, which is sort of similar, but I don't know if that would suit you or even be any easier to find.

Good luck in your hunt!

Thanks for letting me know.  I think the plush was only for Pinkie Pie and Cheerilee, before they made her a unicorn, and some boxes had the Rainbow Dash one too.  Maybe there was another series that had the others you mentioned.  Anyway, I especially appreciate the information on the Rainbow Dash jumbo plush. :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:55:40 AM by Majesty »

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »

Ey! I saw one like this at the flea market, but she was Pinkie Pie. Are they from Hasbro?
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 07:30:42 PM »
For some reason, that photo looks familiar :biggrin:!

To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, she was a UK exclusive.  Checking through my records (ebay), I have 2 entries in 2009, one in March, the other in June, labeled "Plush Rainbow Dash" (real descriptive, isn't it), both from the UK.

Give me a day or two to dig her out, and get additional information off her tags.  And I do mean dig, as she is buried on the shelf behind this pile (she can barely be seen behind Twilight Sparkle):

As for the patchwork Rainbow Dash, she had an extremely limited US release.  I heard that she was found in some TRU's.  I think she was found mostly in Mexico and The Philippines. Importing her from either country would have cost more than $50 :shocked: :cry:, so I waited.  I'm still waiting :lookround:!

To answer another question, yes, the patchwork plushies are from Hasbro.  There are 3 of them, Pinkie Pie, Cheerilee, and Rainbow Dash.

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal