collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sundance shirt found at Forever21  (Read 8395 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sundance shirt found at Forever21
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
Haha, wow, I had no idea there was so much hate for the word California! Maybe it's just my bias because I'm from there, but it really doesn't bother in the slightest. Do I see the connection between Sundance and California? Well, she is named SUNdance, that sort of makes sense I guess. I suppose I'm so used to seeing shirts with random states name on them (usually Florida or New York, but sometimes others too, I think Virginia and New Jersey I've seen a bit) that I didn't really think twice about it. Honestly, it's just that hideous fringe (and at 23 I don't think I'm THAT much out of the targeted age, now am I?)
Maybe it should say ~UTAH~ for the Sundance Film Festival. In fact that would make this shirt ten times more hilarious. Sundance, with UTAH in gigantic letters under it...lmao.  :lmao: I'd buy that. ...without the fringe.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »
Haha, wow, I had no idea there was so much hate for the word California! Maybe it's just my bias because I'm from there, but it really doesn't bother in the slightest. Do I see the connection between Sundance and California? Well, she is named SUNdance, that sort of makes sense I guess. I suppose I'm so used to seeing shirts with random states name on them (usually Florida or New York, but sometimes others too, I think Virginia and New Jersey I've seen a bit) that I didn't really think twice about it. Honestly, it's just that hideous fringe (and at 23 I don't think I'm THAT much out of the targeted age, now am I?)
Maybe it should say ~UTAH~ for the Sundance Film Festival. In fact that would make this shirt ten times more hilarious. Sundance, with UTAH in gigantic letters under it...lmao.  :lmao: I'd buy that. ...without the fringe.

LOL - that *does* make sense. Slap some sunglasses on Sundance and she's ready for the Sundamce Film Festival. Yup, Utah makes more sense *g*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
Whoa, you look awesome in it!

I wonder how it would fit me though- I have a really long torso and I'm really tall. I have no idea where a Forever 21 is, but I might go check it out I guess. I'm sort of a sucker for ANY pony ts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
Wow, you look amazing girl!! I've a little less in weight than you are but I've had a kid. My baby pouch is quite unflattering. Still, I may be coming around on this shirt! It really looks adorable on you! I would never pick it up off the rack but seeing it on...well, it's really cute!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:37 AM »
Wow, you look amazing girl!! I've a little less in weight than you are but I've had a kid. My baby pouch is quite unflattering. Still, I may be coming around on this shirt! It really looks adorable on you! I would never pick it up off the rack but seeing it on...well, it's really cute!
I agree! I too have extra pooch (from sweets, not baby xD) but with a tank underneath this shirt it actually looks quite good. I picked one up yesterday and I think I may do some surgery on it tonight and cut the fringe off.

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
Wow, kinda despicable that Forever 21 can sell this shirt as their own simply by slapping "California" on it.  For those that don't know this shirt has been around for, what two years now? With just Sundance, no text and the same fringe/style.  Anyway, you can find it on taobao for 3 USD (ofc shipping sucks) without the "California" text. I know they sell it elsewhere also without but for much more, Zazzle had it for 18 I think last year.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »
Wow, kinda despicable that Forever 21 can sell this shirt as their own simply by slapping "California" on it.  For those that don't know this shirt has been around for, what two years now? With just Sundance, no text and the same fringe/style.  Anyway, you can find it on taobao for 3 USD (ofc shipping sucks) without the "California" text. I know they sell it elsewhere also without but for much more, Zazzle had it for 18 I think last year.

It will just be bought in by Forever21 buyers they wont care that it will have been available else where unless they were looking for an exclusive item - maybe adding the California to it is enough of a differential for them between its previous releases.

I have seen similar style t shirts with Sundance but I hadnt spotted one with the fringe before...interesting that it was available in such a similar incarnation before this one.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal