collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/  (Read 3444 times)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
lol i've had several "pre-buying interviews" from kids selling their toys lol

my favorite was last year, early spring ans it was still rather chilly so i was still wearing my leather trenchcoat, i wear black (because i like it and as an artist i know it represents the absorption of ALL colored light and therefore it's my fav so i don't have to choose lmao) i have black leather boots witht he silver spikes and studs, a hat that is plastered with pins/buttons and i stumble upon this random really early season moving sale so i stop and i'm looking around and i see the toys ... soooo many toys ... g3 ponies/g2 lps/GOOD (non-sports crap) mcfarlane toys just all sorts of amzing toys so i'm looking and the mom comes out and we start chatting while i'm looking and then the two kids are looking at me through the door and the little girl busts out through it.

"You buyin my toys?"
"... i might ... i see you guys took really good care of em ..."
"Yeah!  You aren't gonna feed em to a monster are you!?"
*at that point I litereally laughed and asked her mom if i could show them some pictures on my phone, so mom comes over to see em too and i'm showing them pictures of my collection room and my pony room and the kids' eyes are bugging out of their heads*
"YOU CAN HAVE ALL MY PONIES CAUSE I DON'T WANT EM TO GET EATEN!"

and i got the mom to let her son keep some of the figures he had up for sale because some of em were pretty amazingly hard to find and worth a LOT more than they had em marked for ... still kicking myself hardcore i didn't snatch up the 24 inch red mandarin spawn figure ... urg ... i get sick when i think of that one ... :\

and one year i actually had a sit down conversation with a little girl about her ponies and how i had to promise to take care of them and feed them and brush them and play with them and if she ever wanted them back i had to let her buy them back lol pure adorable! lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
How cute! Glad you reassured her!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »
She might've thought you were Sid's sister (from Toy Story) or something. Haha! It's sweet that you could just show her your pony tattoo. ^.^

...I was cosplaying as Jessie from Team Rocket. While I was waiting my turn to get my picture taken with one of the Pokemon this little girl came up to me. She couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years old. In the most timid and nervous voice she asked me, "Are you here to steal Pikachu?" I reassured her that I wasn't going to steal Pikachu. Then I pulled out the plush Pikachu that I had been carrying around that day and told her, "Because I already caught him."...
That is adorable! I love your response too.  :satisfied:

...one year i actually had a sit down conversation with a little girl about her ponies and how i had to promise to take care of them and feed them and brush them and play with them and if she ever wanted them back i had to let her buy them back lol pure adorable! lol
AwWw, so sweet. :heart:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »
lol! thats pretty awesome actually, im sure she wasnt really scared, maybe just teasing? :P

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
Oh my godddddd.
The sad part to me here, is that kids wouldn't usually come up with this stuff on their own. It's usually a passed-down prejudice from their parents. The fact that people can be so close-minded makes me sad. :(
Then again, this is a tad funny. >_>

What makes me sad is she obviousley didn't want to sell her ponies, but mom was making her.

Ponies don't have an upper age limit :(
sounds like a future pony collector in the making:) she will be on here i a few years buying them all back:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »
That is a cute story- how terrible that her mom was making her sell her ponies.  I think my parents obsession with getting rid of all of our toys as kids is one of the reasons I have needed to get them all back!

I remember there were some punks in my neighborhood growing up (early 80s) - who had lots of tatts, wore tattered black clothes and a lot of safety pins through lots of different places on their face- and tall tall hair dyed really awesome colors.

My cousin and I thought they were the most awesome looking grown-ups we had ever seen...  I wanted to look JUST LIKE THAT when I was old (at the time- old was probably anyone more than about 16)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
i wear black all the time and have piercings and tattoos, and i never leave home without my pentagram necklace. so i always get weird looks, even at work. people just need to get over themselves. i go down the pink pony isle at the store and i swear everyone clears out. when in fact, every "goth" person or wiccan i have ever met, have been the nicest people i've ever met. i hold some extremely interesting conversations with customers like this at work. if people would just get past appearance, they'd be surprised at how amazing a lot of people really are.

Mirage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »
Oh boy, funny yet sad. My fiance' should find it hilarious.

One of my cousins went through a "goth phase" in middle school and took a soldering iron, sharpies, scissors, yes - lighters, and who-knows-what to all her barbies and stuff. So.. I could see where the little girl might make a connection if she knows anyone like that. Ah well, Zecora lesson learned for the little girl I hope!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
One of my cousins went through a "goth phase" in middle school and took a soldering iron, sharpies, scissors, yes - lighters, and who-knows-what to all her barbies and stuff. So.. I could see where the little girl might make a connection if she knows anyone like that. Ah well, Zecora lesson learned for the little girl I hope!

Sounds like more of a condition of middle school than goth- 

The goths I know love certain awesome music, pretty dark things, and fancy clothes.  Fancy doll collecting is quite common... (particularly Evangeline Ghastly and the like).  Have never heard of a goth torturing dolls or ponies.  But middle schoolers? Would definitely not put it past any of them...  Middle school is traumatic.

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Okay, this made my night. I admit I laughed really hard.  Great delivery of a funny story!
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline medleysong

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
I do see what you are saying Elisto, it just made my face sad that that's the first thought that comes to mind.  I mean, I just figured she was kind of a jerk or one of those 'you are too old for this' kinds of moms.  I didn't mean to stir up trouble or anything, just wanted to voice that it hurt my feeling a bit in case HavACrumpet452 didn't realize that it could be taken as somewhat hurtful (accidentally I'm sure I know they weren't trying to make any kind of commentary on the subject). 

Don't feel bad Sarahlacewing, my feelings were hurt too. The topic was about not making assumptions and stereotyping and then an assumption and stereotype was thrown out. I am a Christian, my kids come from a Christian home but we do not promote stereotyping or judging at all in my house. In fact, my very Christian son has MANY piercings lol. Anyway, still sad that the mom was forcing the girl to part with her ponies. That is so lame :( I would be thrilled if my daughter plays with and collects ponies for a long time. I am in no hurry for her to grow up :)

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »
She probably learned it from tv not from a parent, religious or otherwise. She probably saw a scary movie with a villain that dressed in black etc. Kids also ask strange questions on their own it can be very random. Sounds like you handled the situation well. 

I have really, really long dark blonde hair and I live on an island with a white minority, so kids often stare at me and my hair like I just stepped out of the movie Tangled. Alot of times they want to touch it to.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 03:22:30 AM »
The way you told the story was great gothpony :) It really made me giggle - at least the little girl knows her ponies are going to a home which will care for them!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:28 AM »
LOL I love children because of this.  It was no offense to you, most likely; she probably saw a witch in a story book that dressed in all black or something.  But now she knows that people that dress such as you are nice people from her experience with you.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:07 AM »
Something similar happened to me once. I started getting hardcore into collecting when the G3's first came out. I was pretty darned goth looking at the time (head to toe black, everything pierced etc)
I was at the store and noticed a woman digging furiously though the ponies. I thought she must be a collector.. I said "Are you a member of the Arena?" she said "I'm a Christian!" and stormed off...
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal