collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
I agree it is important. :) Thank you for being respectful of my feelings.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
Oh my godddddd.
The sad part to me here, is that kids wouldn't usually come up with this stuff on their own. It's usually a passed-down prejudice from their parents. The fact that people can be so close-minded makes me sad. :(
Then again, this is a tad funny. >_>

What makes me sad is she obviousley didn't want to sell her ponies, but mom was making her.

Ponies don't have an upper age limit :(

THIS. That is so sad that her mother was forcing her into that.
I have a friend who is nineteen years old and her mother throws away her stuff without asking her. That kind of stuff just irks me.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
That is such a cute funny story.  I like how you ended your post by saying you "did not want the pony for a Super Cute Satanic Sacrifice". 

I had a kid ask her mommy if I was a witch once (as in a Halloween witch).  I am not a witch of any sort.  I don't dress unusual.  However, I am very pale, I just happened to be wearing a black dress for a concert I just sang in, and I had my hair in two braids.

Apparently, that looks like witch to little kids.  Her mom told her to hush and quickly moved away from me.  :(

Ive had that too, and the ONLY reason being that I have very long jet black hair.

So I'm a witch apparantly :crazy:

Sorry you had that reaction Gothpony however I agree the girl probably has been influenced by her parents on the subject.

I mean my kids wouldn't bat an eyelid if they saw you BECAUSE I have never told them 'guess what, ladies who wear black and have piercings are WITCHES AND WILL BURN YOUR TOOOOYS MWUAUAUAUA' :rolleyes:

And it's sad that she had to sell her ponies :( but at least they will have a good home with you!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
Well, I know I sold my ponies when I was younger because I wanted them to go to families that would play with them again, and I needed money... and I really was torn about selling them and was concerned about who would buy them, lol.  Who knows, mom may not have been forcing her to sell, she may have made the decision and wasn't sure anymore. 

I kinda loled reading that though.  It's kinda cute (but sad, too).  I blame Disney :P  (hahaha)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
I think it's hilarious! The sad part is Mom making her sell her ponies. As for the comment, it might not necessarily be prejudiced or fanatic parents. She could pick up that kind of thinking anywhere - yes from her parents, but also from school, TV, other relatives, things like that. I find it funny to see the conclusions kids come up with as they try to figure out the world. Remember, it takes a while for us to realize that not everything fits into a nice easy category. (I grew up in a VERY white neighborhood, and almost everyone I know has a horrible story about the first time they saw a black person and the embarrassing things they said.  :lol: ) I always have kids assume I'm a male, because I have a deepish voice, and I don't expose my breasts to the world, even though they're clearly there. Apparently that makes me a man. :D I'm with gothpony, it's nothing to be offended by, they're just trying to figure everything out! And gothpony, I highly approve of your reaction and the lesson she probably learned!
(edited for a left-out word. Whoopsie!)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:12:06 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »
Poor kid, selling her ponies  :(

But that story made me chuckle a little.  What an odd thing to say!  I'm glad you were able to reassure her.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
Poor little girl.

Kind of cute story though.  I'm glad you were able to reassure her.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

moondancer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
Hahaha, we would make great friends. xD I pretty much only wear black and I have piercings too. My bedroom is a combination of dark/metal/horror and My Little Ponies and unicorns. Nothing wrong with having a dark side AND girly side.   
:enraged:  :good:

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
I dunno... sometimes kids just come out with stuff that no one expects. Doesn't necessarily mean they're from a satan-fearing weirdo family. I think it's pretty funny! Congrats on getting some new ponies :)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
Hehe, I wonder what she would have done if you would have said, "Yes."  Lol

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
That is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

I had something like that happen to me recently. But it wasn't ponies, it was Pokemon.

I was at the Pokemon Nationals tournament at the end of June. They had people dressed up like Pikachu and the three Black & White starters.

On Sat I was cosplaying as Jessie from Team Rocket. While I was waiting my turn to get my picture taken with one of the Pokemon this little girl came up to me. She couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years old. In the most timid and nervous voice she asked me, "Are you here to steal Pikachu?" I reassured her that I wasn't going to steal Pikachu. Then I pulled out the plush Pikachu that I had been carrying around that day and told her, "Because I already caught him." The little girl gave me a very confused look, turned and walked away. :D I think she thought I was nuts! :P

sailorstitch

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
It's okay, I scare children in normal attire by being very tall with thick, slanted eyebrows and a face that tends toward a severe frown unless I make the conscious effort to smile. >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Hehe, her reaction was probably priceless XD Though it's sad she was forced to sell her ponies. I played with my Barbies til I was 18, no joke. I would have been devastated if my mom made me get rid of them! I eventually stopped playing with them on my own. My sister and I had the best time with our toys :)
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
Aww  I wish I had the ability to scare little  kids  -  they make grabby hands at my hair    :crazy:  :yikes:
Congrats on your new ponies :cheer:   The story made me giggle a bit but  I hope that the girl learned a lesson , and I hope that girls parents didnt really force her to sell her ponies 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 05:43:25 PM »
I hope she secretly had like 500 of them and so they were just making her sell doubles or something.  I actually get the opposite.  I am 7 months pregnant so children find me irresistibly curious. I don't know why, because I scare off all adult approaches but children want to touch all over me.  It's kind of endearing. :) 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal