collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When will pony collectors be on "My Strange Obsession"?  (Read 7876 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: When will pony collectors be on "My Strange Obsession"?
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I know for myself I would not ever want to be on the show.  That show gives collectors a bad name in my opinion.  I don't expect the world to understand my interests and I have no desire to be made fun of by people that just don't get it LOL. They don't make anyone on that show look normal.  I watch it all of the time.  They could have made collecting look rewarding and fun like the Antique Roadshow does..but instead they just make it look like a collector is a freak.  :huh: Like that 1950's lady, I thought she was very interesting as I love the 1950's and she really has gone all out with herself, her home and other stuff. I would love to have a chance to visit her home and see all her stuff and ride in her car.  I have a lot of interest in vintage things besides toys and dolls. She was interesting.  The washers show was interesting also to me..there is a history there with those machines.  However there have been a few episodes that scared me the people were so off in my terms...I wonder if they are not that way at all. TV can make people look so odd.  I love the show, but like I said its not really a positive show.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:38:22 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
Uh I don't really want a pony collector on that show.  People will think we are crazy!  LOL.  Plus, I don't want people knowing vintage ponies are worth something.

GloriaFan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
I don't want any of my fandoms or collections featured on "My Strange Obsession." Look at the title.

That's the problem with TLC in general - it's there to show the audience "crazy" people to make them feel better about themselves. Their programming is made up of shows about relatively normal people. But they have their quirks, just like everyone else does. Plus, they use some clever editing techniques to make them look neutral, but invoke criticism from the audience by putting words in the subjects' mouths. I had a friend who was on "Toddlers and Tiaras." What the final episode looked like put her way out of character.

Bottom line - if I like something, I don't give a flying fish what anyone else thinks and I don't think I'm strange.

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
I know for myself I would not ever want to be on the show.  That show gives collectors a bad name in my opinion.  I don't expect the world to understand my interests and I have no desire to be made fun of by people that just don't get it LOL. They don't make anyone on that show look normal.  I watch it all of the time.  They could have made collecting look rewarding and fun like the Antique Roadshow does..but instead they just make it look like a collector is a freak.  :huh: Like that 1950's lady, I thought she was very interesting as I love the 1950's and she really has gone all out with herself, her home and other stuff. I would love to have a chance to visit her home and see all her stuff and ride in her car.  I have a lot of interest in vintage things besides toys and dolls. She was interesting.  The washers show was interesting also to me..there is a history there with those machines.  However there have been a few episodes that scared me the people were so off in my terms...I wonder if they are not that way at all. TV can make people look so odd.  I love the show, but like I said its not really a positive show.
Okay though I argree no one here should agree to be on the show how did I miss that! Though in '50's the Beatles weren't popular I LOVE THE 1950'S!It was such a decade it and the earily to mid 1960's are my over all favorite time period. Shoot, as a kid I made my ponies use to dance to doo woop and classic rock. How could pertending it was 1957 possibley be that strange. I could almost see my self pertending I lived in 1950's. Then again I didn't see the it.

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:38 PM »
its not something i'd want to be on. i get made fun of enough for collecting ponies. and to have pony collectors be in that kind of light, doesn't sound too good. i'm speaking for myself though of course. i don't like when people make fun of me for collecting "children's toys" or "wasting money on crap"

I completely agree.  People tell me that kind of stuff all the time and I hate it!  It makes me want to hide it from lots of people.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

ElusiveLily

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I wouldn't want to be on it, but I honestly don't want to be on TV period. I don't even like the idea of being in a newspaper article. And I could definitely see the backlash pony collectors would receive from this :-/ So...I kind of hope it's never. At the very least, if collectors were to be featured, I would hope it's a show with a less insulting title and doesn't make collectors out to be 'freaks'.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal