collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Candles  (Read 8630 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Candles
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2023, 09:38:26 AM »
Here's my Goose Creek haul :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Burning Ivory Pumpkin now, one of my favs :heart: I also got three Yankee Candles on clearance this morning :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2023, 06:50:51 AM »
Great candles shockponie and BC.  :)

I'm still trying to find Goose Creek candles at Walmart.  I haven't had any luck yet.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2023, 09:16:07 AM »
Nice candle hauls!!

i'm forcing myself to use the ones i have first. i'm having a hard time resisting all of these good deals
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2023, 01:48:00 AM »
Those are some nice candles BC ^.^.

I accidently bought a christmas candle yesterday :lookround:. I didn't mean to but it was there, within reach. There was no branding on it. The fragrance is called Sparkling Delight and contains orange, lime and sparkling citrus.. I don't think the cats will like my room very much, lol.

Rigth now I'm burning Störtskön (kind of like super nice/cosy) from IKEA. It's blueberry and lingonberry scented. It's their christmas fragrance of the year but for me it's more like autumn.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2023, 04:42:43 AM »
I had bought a large jar Yankee candle, lavender and oak. It smells fantastic, but it doesn't throw very much. Not compared to the B&BW and Goose Creek candles. I know Yankee is paraffin wax and the others are soy. Maybe that's the difference. The Woodwick candles seem fine, I have two and they throw very well. But I think Yankee is way overpriced. I'm glad I bought the ones I have, and I've got three more coming from their Candle Day sale, but I don't think I'll buy any more after this.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2023, 09:37:07 AM »
those scents sound yummy Beldarna. i really like citrus candles. i like most candle scents TBH except the ones that smell too much like baked goods. and then it's because they make me hungry  :lol:

Yeah the Yankee Candles are pretty overpriced. I would expect the throw to be better for what they charge. the smell from the Goose Creek and BBW candles lingers even after i put them out. and soy is supposed to be safer than paraffin wax. so at least 2 strikes for Yankee. though in fairness to Yankee I've had a couple of the BBW with poor throws too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 09:43:38 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2023, 07:10:10 PM »
Here's my Goose Creek haul :D
Burning Ivory Pumpkin now, one of my favs :heart: I also got three Yankee Candles on clearance this morning :)

BC, Wow! Those are wonderful looking and certainly delicious smelling candles! :lovey:

Here, the media only warns about the harm of these, especially candles containing essential oils.. but I still burn candles, especially scented ones! :poke: Common sense helps here too!
Hardly anyone burns dozens of candles at home at the same time, unless there is some ritual/worship going on! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :worshippy: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :snicker:

The only thing I was a little worried about in the news is this information, but in this case too it refers to frequent use (so this matter concerns essential oils):

" Cats in particular are sensitive to many commonly used essential oils such as citrus oils, cinnamon, peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus. As a result of continuous (long-term and repeated) exposure to the scent, the cat may become ill. Dogs (especially small breeds) are also sensitive to scents - strong scents can also irritate a pet's sensitive sense of smell. "

" While essential oils are therapeutic for the human body and mind, animals with significantly more sensitive senses than us may suffer from their use. Excessive exposure to scents can cause, for example, vomiting or breathing difficulties in animals. "

At least my cats haven't shown any symptoms. :) Not all cats are the same, not all of them necessarily get any symptoms. You'll only find out by trying.

--
I recently bought Christmas scented candles: gingerbread and I think the other one is cinnamon and apple. :heart:
And I bought Yankee's Twinkling Lights three-candle package as a gift for my brother and his spouse (I got it for 5 euros when the normal price was 10 euros). ^.^
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 07:14:49 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2023, 11:28:32 PM »
Yes, small animals and birds are also very sensitive to essential oils. I bought some scented plug-ins from Bath & Body Works when they were $2 each. I want to use them in the bedroom (I don't typically burn candles in there) but I'm waiting until a day I'll be working in there to use one, so I can keep an eye on Aster. She isn't bothered by the Febreze ones.

You can actually use peppermint essential oils to keep mice away, it doesn't hurt them but they don't like the smell. It also works for insects. I use a couple drops in my kitchen drawers every few months. I saw a roach in my utensil drawer once when I first moved in :crazy: but haven't seen any since.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2023, 04:00:22 AM »
I only light the scented candles in my ponyroom/office as I already have scented ponies here and figue it doesn't make a difference. The cats are not in here much anyway, only a few minutes after I open the door to inspect. Majsan likes to sleep by the radiator behind a shelf and the candle is on the desk so I don't think she get much of it. Ninja is liking the flames a little too much and almost burnt his whisters as a kitten so I only use battery candles elsewhere in the home.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2023, 06:55:16 PM »
BC, Thank you for the tip on using peppermint essential oil!  :ohyeah: I could put it in the small side attics upstairs and in the linen closet, because I have found and saved small mice in them this spring (or maybe they were rat babies!) :heart: Maybe then they wouldn't appear there again next spring. Also in the basement I could put it so I wouldn't have to use traps because I wouldn't want to kill them.

Beldarna, our cats also like the flames of the candles too much! Especially Ozzy. :rolleyes: That's why most of our candles are battery-powered. If I burn the right candle in the living room, I'm always there to watch over it. In the bedroom, I can burn candles in peace, because the cats don't have access there, except sometimes I let them in there for a visit, but then no candles. :)
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2023, 07:14:40 AM »
Mousie once set her tail on fire when she walked by a candle on my nightstand. Luckily, I was sitting right there and put it out with my hand. After that I didn't burn candles anymore. But Aster doesn't jump on furniture and shows no interest in the candles, so I feel better about burning them. I only ever have one lit on my desk. If I go in the bedroom I'm only there for a minute. I don't leave candles burning when I'm not present.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2023, 07:57:52 AM »
I took a quick look through this thread and don't think we've discussed our favorite winter/Christmas scents much.

Mine from BBW are Winter. Twisted Peppermint, Cinamon Stick (That might be a Fall scent though.) Merry Cookie, Merry Mimosa, Tipsy Elf and Champagne Toast.  My mom bought a couple of The Perfect Christmas and Tis the Season, but I haven't burned those yet.

Speaking of throws, the French Baguette candles I got a couple of years ago don't have much of one.  It smells amazing if you're close by though.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 08:42:18 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »
I've only burned This is Christmas from Goose Creek so far, it's really nice! I also love just from sniffing them, The Snuggle is Real, Classic Christmas Tree and Campfire Nights (maybe more of a fall scent?). From B&BW I like Flannel, Fresh Balsam, Woodlands, Winter and Sweater Weather. I got those in the Wallflower oils.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2023, 10:54:01 AM »
My favorite Christmas/winter scents from B&BW are Peppermint Sugar Cookie, The Perfect Christmas, and Crushed Candy Cane. Twisted Peppermint was an unexpected surprise in body care form. It feels so refreshing!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2023, 06:20:46 AM »
I forgot about Crushed Candy Cane.  That one is really nice too. 

A friend gave me Twisted Peppermint body scrub one year.  It smelled great and I loved it, but after about a month of using it, my skin started turning red.  :tub:

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal