collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72965 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
This is not at all trivial but I hate to make a new topic in WYP.

I need to take my cat to the vet but my niece is out of town with friends, my dad is still in the hospital and I don't know anyone else with a car. I priced Uber and to go to the vet, then go to my mom's, then go back to my place would cost $66 with tip. I can't afford that.

I hate this. I was always so "if you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet" when I still had my disability payments, but now I'm in this position myself. I don't think she is suffering. She's been sleeping a lot. But she hasn't eaten and she was only 4 lbs before, now she's just bones. I force fed her the high calorie gel I have. I gave her two servings, which are for cats 10lbs and over. She is still drinking water though.

She's a month shy of her 20th birthday.

Also, today it's been a year since my sister died. It still seems like it just happened.

:sad: Little Mouse... If only she could still start eating and cheer up. :heart:

:hug:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:28:28 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2022, 12:39:22 AM »
The town decided to fix the road, so they started digging it up at 7 AM - outside my window.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2022, 05:54:20 AM »
Thank you, Beth. 

I'm feeling better today although I had an hour long asthma attack early this morning.  I haven't had one of those for a long time. 

I cut my finger trying to open a package of paper clips yesterday.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2022, 06:36:43 AM »
I've been cleaning because inspections start tomorrow. A while back I had bought reusable wash pads for the Swiffer Wetjet and a floor cleaner that's supposed to be "the best" according to reviews. I mopped yesterday and I could tell the cleaner was getting up a lot of surface dirt but wasn't so great on stains. After a while the pad started to move the dirt around. Maybe I used too much cleaner, I don't know. But i had to get the other pad (it was a 2-pack) to finish the hallway and bathroom. Also the cleaner/pad don't know what to blame, left streaks.

I mean, the linoleum is old and rather discolored and has stains from before I moved in. So i wasn't expecting a miracle, but I thought it would get a lot cleaner that it appeared to get. Also, I thought the cleaner would shine the floor, but there's no shine. I guess I'd have to get something else for that.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »
I figured out the electricity problem: there's a maximum limit on credit in electricity meters: £255. WHY??? When a home is all electric like mine, surely this should be higher??? Really not happy about this as it makes my planned stock-up much harder to do. I know what I'm like with money: if I have it I spend it. I'm not the best saver. So it was easier for me to just load up electricity as I got the money, but I've effectively been told I can't do that beyond a certain point??? Like what the heck???
Anyway, there's a smart prepay meter & I've booked one. It will take at least a month before I get it in, but at least I'm sorting this BEFORE the cold sets in
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2022, 11:21:48 AM »
My throat went dry in the middle of the night, so much so I coughed for about half an hour and I now have a sore throat as a result, as well as being sleep deprived >_<

Love pkw xx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2022, 06:52:14 AM »
I'm still having trouble with my asthma.  :(  I woke up this morning feeling like I was getting enough air in my lungs and breathing through a straw.  I'm going to see how I do over the next few days but I might have to get an earlier appointment with my dr than the one I already have scheduled.

There's a book out that I'm really interested in, but it's in hardback and a little expensive as far as books go.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »
I bought the wrong kind of omeprazole. It's the same medicine, but it's in tablet form instead of capsule. I don't like the tablets.

When I went to check out from Walmart.com for a delivery, it tried to charge me $6.99 for having an order under the minimum of $35. I thought Walmart+ members were exempt from minimum charges. I got on the chat and asked the guy, but he said it's the shipping minimum that we don't get charged, not for delivery. I was super confused because I buy small orders of food often and never get charged, but he looked into it and said that was because I use my EBT card. If I wanted to buy veggies with my debit card I'd be charged the extra for delivery if under $35. So I learned that today. That's kind of a bummer. I didn't want to be charged 7 bucks arbitrarily so I added more things to my order to get over $35.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2022, 03:09:28 PM »
I bought the wrong kind of omeprazole. It's the same medicine, but it's in tablet form instead of capsule. I don't like the tablets.

When I went to check out from Walmart.com for a delivery, it tried to charge me $6.99 for having an order under the minimum of $35. I thought Walmart+ members were exempt from minimum charges. I got on the chat and asked the guy, but he said it's the shipping minimum that we don't get charged, not for delivery. I was super confused because I buy small orders of food often and never get charged, but he looked into it and said that was because I use my EBT card. If I wanted to buy veggies with my debit card I'd be charged the extra for delivery if under $35. So I learned that today. That's kind of a bummer. I didn't want to be charged 7 bucks arbitrarily so I added more things to my order to get over $35.

Omeprazol comes in tablets? I've only ever seen capsules

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2022, 06:14:53 AM »
Yeah, I got these on Amazon. Not only are they tablets but they are in blister packaging. Man, I wasn't paying attention at all. Walmart is where I usually buy it, but they were a dollar more than Amazon and I'm a Prime member so I get free shipping.

My complaint at the moment is a headache and my teeth hurt. I don't know which is affecting which. I took some headache meds but so far they are doing nothing.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2022, 03:07:37 PM »
I get mine from the doctor, you can buy some over the counter here but you have to pay for that and to me doesn't seem to work as well as the stuff prescribed?

I'm setting up my new laptop, I am still STEAMED that word is a subscruption thing now, and I cannot put my professional email under my casual email in my Outlook display, I don't understand why!! (yes, professional is alphabetically first but I get the feeling it will do that irregardless)

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »
i hate how everything is moving to subscriptions. but i also didn't like shelling out $300 for a new version of software. idk the subscription is probably still more expensive overall for some software. i think the subscription model will be more popular with companies since it gives them more predicable monthly revenue. also a few months back there was a big freakout about car companies talking about having subscriptions for stuff like seat warmers. they just want to extract more money from us.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »
The other day at work I didn't double check to make sure a door was closed.  As a result, the door was open when it wasn't supposed to be.  I know I made a mistake by not doing that, but another person also made the same mistake.  I saw them going in the room after I did, and they left the door open too. 

I didn't get in trouble or anything (although I was reminded that the door should have been closed) but if it was wrong of me to not make sure the door was closed after exiting the room, it should have also been wrong for the person that entered the room after me to do the same thing.  Also, I can't figure out why the second person didn't close the door after exiting.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 03:52:15 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2022, 04:32:45 PM »
I get mine from the doctor, you can buy some over the counter here but you have to pay for that and to me doesn't seem to work as well as the stuff prescribed?

Yeah... Welcome to US healthcare. I used to get mine from the doctor too, and it was covered by my insurance but because it's supposed to be a short term medication, they stopped paying for it. I need it everyday and I've been taking it for years, but that doesn't matter.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2022, 07:37:34 AM »
My insurance SUCKS!  And if it wasn't required by my work (because I don't have another source of insurance) I would drop them immediately.

Apparently my doctor is no longer in my insurance network, even though I checked before signing up for my physical this year.  Let's just ignore the fact that I already have severe anxiety about going to the doctor in the first place (to the point where even thinking about it causes a panic attack) and I've been going to this one willingly for the last 6 years. That wouldn't be important to anyone at all. On top of that, I've had to wait longer for my annual physical due to a lack of doctors in their office, so I'll be a month late on that this year.  And my stupid insurance pulled this last year with my dentist office as well!  I had an appointment for Dec 1 and they sent me a notice saying the office was no longer in network as of Nov 30.  Seriously, it's like they're deliberately targeting anyone I go to for medical stuff.  I hate them.   :stressed:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal