collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 80200 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1365 on: July 06, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »
I normally have horse lessons on Mondays but this week there was no horse lessons because of a holiday I don't celebrate
long live chrysalis

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 07, 2022, 06:07:24 AM »
One week without air conditioning.  :hot: :hot:  I hope it gets fixed soon.  My dad did rent a hotel room for a couple of nights and that helped a lot but he said we would try sleeping at home last night since we got an extra fan for the living room. 

The extra fan did make it cooler, but I've noticed it's getting harder for me to breathe at night due to the extra hot air (It's still in the mid 80's inside the house at night) because of my asthma.  I had been doing well for a long time but at least 3 nights now I've woken up feeling like I can't breathe and I'm sure it's because of the hot air.

I wish my mom wouldn't brush my complaints aside.  :( I told her several times that the back of the house is too hot with no air conditioning, and I can't stand to be in that part of the house very long before I can't take it anymore.  As usual she told me that she "couldn't do anything about it" and that she was just as hot as I was and to stop complaining.   Last night she came in the living room and said the back of the house was so hot that she couldn't stand it.  I told her that was the same thing that I said a few days ago.  I just don't get why I'm constantly told I'm making too big a deal about something but when my parents say the exact same thing then they act like it's the truth.   :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 07, 2022, 11:11:30 AM »
Life in general kind of sucks right now for me.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1368 on: July 07, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »

:hug: :hug: i hope things get better for you.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1369 on: July 08, 2022, 05:12:27 AM »
I'm so sorry, Ponyfan :( To help with your asthma maybe sleep semi-upright in a recliner if you have one? I remember when I lived in South Carolina and the power went out for about a week. It was the same week Katrina hit New Orleans because we were getting rain bands from it (that's how massive that hurricane was). Anyway, I slept in the recliner in the living room because it was the only room with two windows so there was a sort of cross breeze. It was miserable though.

Aw, I'm sorry for you to :hug:

--

My complaint today is I feel like a zombie :throw:
I was out of my Vyvanse for two days and it really messed with my head. I'm back on it again, but the part that makes me concentrate and focus is like, hyped up. There's an episode of King of the Hill where they put Bobby on Ritalin and he's sitting at the kitchen table and says, "There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad........ there it goes." and I feel like that :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 08, 2022, 07:10:11 AM »
Whelp, got another example of how ignorant one of our shelvers is yesterday.  The question came up of where to put a "hold" item on the holds shelf.  We shelve them by the patron's name in alphabetical order.  Well, it's a business card for 7-Eleven.  We shelve books numbers first and then letters, so the obvious answer is that it goes before the names that start with "A".  But the part-timer asking around got 3 answers. 
1) Before the As (correct)
2) Under "S" because 7 starts with S. (wrong but somewhat understandable)
and then our shelver's answer: "Doesn't it go under "E" because 11 starts with E?"
:facepalm:

Gee, why is stuff out of order?

:argh:

I swear this is how I feel interacting with this person:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 04:02:40 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1371 on: July 08, 2022, 09:55:01 AM »
Can we please not use 'special' in that context? It's unnecessary and also offensive.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:01:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 08, 2022, 12:55:59 PM »
Thanks Beth3346 and BlackCurtains. Some things are getting resolved and I had a near meltdown over everything yesterday and I think having that meltdown finally helped me cool down. I still find myself a bit irritable and depressed every now and then. I almost went into a complete rant on here but I think my one sentence summary sufficed. ^-^'

Pokeyonekenobie, is there any way you could make sort of a list of nifty reminders or something for them? I'm sure once they have those down pat they can get better at it, it'll become second nature to them. And if they still can't get a hang of it or they aren't interested in learning, well, part timers don't often stay forever.

I do sympathize with the frustration, though, except for me it isn't coworkers but clients that don't understand what to do with things. In my case, it's my whole job to know more about financial stuff than other people but I do wish the average person understood it more! Some of my clients definitely are not helping my current situation.

I wish I worked in a library. My mom does and she talks about whatever drama happens there but I do think it would be way more relaxing and enjoyable than my current misfortune and I would get to be surrounded by books and interesting people.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:59:27 PM by StarryEmerald24 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1373 on: July 09, 2022, 06:27:53 AM »
My chair needs to be tightened in several areas but I don't want to get on the floor to do it, and it's not like I can put the chair up on a table... had I a table.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1374 on: July 10, 2022, 07:43:51 AM »
Me again. New day, new complaint (and I still have not fixed my chair... the armrest is going to just fall off, I know it...)

I forgot to refill my water bottles last night, so this morning I had to take my medicine with sparkling water. Everything was fine until one pill that's not coated started to fizz and dissolve in my mouth :blink: It was like an Alka-Seltzer tab! It startled me so I had a hard time swallowing. Then I felt kind of sick for a while but I don't know if that was from the pill dissolving early or if it was just my mind doing it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1375 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:21 AM »
So we replaced our router over the weekend, at the behest of the internet company.

And of course, it didn't work right and we had no internet until about midday yesterday.

After I went to town, got an ethernet adapter for my PC (that doesn't have an ethernet port), connected to the router manually and discovered that the wifi was disabled. Literally ten minutes from me hooking up to the router, I had the internet working.

...Why would you ship out a router with disabled wifi? Clearly that's the point of having one?

And more importantly, when my mother called them to find out what was going on on Sunday, why didn't the guy on the phone just enable the wifi? He apparently accessed the router, so...?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 12, 2022, 03:59:09 PM »
Not a complaint but I know a lot of people have been following the air conditioning saga.  We finally got air conditioning back on Friday night.  9 days of no air conditioning in brutal summer heat was horrible.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 12, 2022, 04:10:53 PM »
Not a complaint but I know a lot of people have been following the air conditioning saga.  We finally got air conditioning back on Friday night.  9 days of no air conditioning in brutal summer heat was horrible.

Ponyfan

Yay for air conditioning.  My parents took my niece and nephews camping today (they'll be gone for the rest of the week) and I'm willing to bet they didn't turn on the air conditioner for me before they left.  I'm about to go home in 97F weather to a house that may not have had the air conditioning on today.  And the coldest it will get tonight is 79F so I can't even open the windows to cool it down if they forgot. 

And then there are the grasshoppers.  They are covering everything at our place.  I'm going to have to go out and put flour on the plants to try and stop them.  The flour mixes with their spit and turns to glue so they starve to death (but it won't kill the mantises because they're predators that eat grasshoppers and we like the mantises so we don't want to use anything that might kill them).  It isn't pretty, but the grasshoppers are pests that are killing all the crops out here by eating the leaves off of all the plants.  Normally the neighbors don't use pesticides in their fields but the grasshoppers are so bad they paid someone to fly over and crop dust this year.  They're so bad that if you go outside it looks like the ground is moving.  My nephews went out and caught over a thousand of them (they counted) and it didn't make a dent.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1378 on: July 12, 2022, 04:45:56 PM »

Ponyfan

i'm glad it's back on. the last couple of days have been brutal for texas.

i woke up at 4:30am and i have to stay up late tonight for work.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1379 on: July 12, 2022, 04:48:15 PM »
Ponyfan, I'm glad you got your AC back!

I'm really annoyed I can't afford more things. There are some things on my wish list on Amazon that are on sale for Prime Day(s) but I don't have enough to buy them now. I checked my social security the other day and it's at 77%, so it's moving. I just have a feeling I'm going to be denied and have to get a lawyer and wait another who knows how long to get my disability back. I'll be shocked if they approve me this first time. If I was getting all my benefits I'd have more money and would be able to save up some for a cushion. When I had it before, my bank account was never under $600 plus I had a cash stash for emergencies. My dad has been putting an extra 200 in my account near the end of the month, last month is was 300 and I went a little wild with it and my new hobby. It's okay though since none of it will go to waste or anything, just I didn't need it RIGHT NOW like I thought I did. Anyway, I miss having my own money and more of it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal