collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Discussion...G1 ponies who are Girls....but are in your mind more Boy's!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
Does this sound familliar to you???  :blush:

My first pony was Italy Skydancer....and *she* alway's would be my *he* in my childhood herd... The reason of this are Skydancers colors, bright yellow with those gorgeous rainbow manes! The second pony I got was...again Italy... Blossom...and she was always the Granny/Grown up of the herd because I got her from my Oma (Dutch for Grandma)

Did you have your own *caracters* for your ponies?

Mine where:
-Peachy and Cotton Candy where sisters and in their 20's
-Cherries Jubilee was the Mother of Peachy and Cotton Candy
-Baby Fire Fly was adopted by my first pony (The White Phony with almost the same blue hair as FF) and also a boy
- Lickety Split and Posey also sisters in their teens
- Twinkle Eye Whizzer was a cool Tom Boy Girl
- Flutter Rosedust was a niece of Lickety Split and Posey from another country
- And I had a Baby Seapony Surf Rider who also came from another country but was no family member of one of my herd...she was a little bit of a family friend sorta but got bullied by Baby FF alot :blush:

*I put this here in Nirvana, but if not appropriate please move!*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Pegaso80

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
All of them were boys to me!!
In Spain the name "pony" is masculine in gender, so the whole name "Mi Pequeño Pony" was masculin instead of feminine, I've always thought of them as boys until I got in touch with English speakers collectors.  :P
:rainbow: Nemo patriam quia magna est amat, sed quia sua (Séneca)
Beati Hispani quibus vivere bibere est (Iulius Caesar) :rainbow:

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
I think pony is neutral in Spanish, I don't think there is a femenine of pony.

For me all the ponies in the Gingerbread Pose look masculine to me. ^^

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
Ohh...never knew that!!! What is the female form of Pony in Spanish?
I really like the Spanish language!!!

*Sorry Offtopic*
I had a Spanish Aunt, she was married to a brother from my mom but they divorced...but her dad was from Spain and her mom was Dutch... Her father came to Holland in the 70's to work here, he and his *group* where the first workers from abroad. And he never really learned to speak Dutch appropiatly so it was always a mix of Spanish and Dutch.... So i grew up with a bit of Spanish culture because my Aunt hold up a little of the culture...

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Ohh...never knew that!!! What is the female form of Pony in Spanish?
I really like the Spanish language!!!

*Sorry Offtopic*
I had a Spanish Aunt, she was married to a brother from my mom but they divorced...but her dad was from Spain and her mom was Dutch... Her father came to Holland in the 70's to work here, he and his *group* where the first workers from abroad. And he never really learned to speak Dutch appropiatly so it was always a mix of Spanish and Dutch.... So i grew up with a bit of Spanish culture because my Aunt hold up a little of the culture...

In spanish we have a male and female for horse, like in english. Caballo = Horse, Yegua = Mare. But pony is neutral, there is no male or female words for it. ^^
So you speak something like "Dutchpanish"? hehe I went to an international school here is Spain and I grew up speaking "Spanglish" XD I love the mixed languages and weird words that come of those mixtures.

Princess Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Yes lady pinwheel I am completely with you about gingerbreads pose making all the ponies in this pose look like boys! Every time I see my Princess Dawn especially I think she looks really masculine, even with all the tinsel in her hair!  :lol:

PuddingPie

• Trade Count: (0)
all the First Tooth Baby Ponies look like little boys to me! that might just be because i bought a Baby Tic-Tac-Toe at Bronycon who had her mane cut so short that it looks like a Mohawk   :lol:
sometimes i sketch out little comics and stories about my Ponies when i'm having anxiety or i'm really upset, and in those stories Baby Tic-Tac-Toe is always a little trickster type boy. a very 2D trope, i know, but i'm a sucker for character tropes  >3<

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I am going to move this over to the Corral for you :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
In my herd, Magic Star was the stallion. I had 22 ponies in total, and no brothers. The rearing pose was what determined gender, and I made a little handkerchief to go around his neck with a scrap of fabric.

Peachy was the elderly one. Wingless Rosedust was a teenager who babysat the twins all the time. Sugarberry was a ... Cyndi lauper diva: crazy bright colors and poofy hair, but snooty too. Baby Fifi and Lucky were dating and spent all their time at the ice cream shop.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
They're all female to me, unless they're in the traditional boy moulding. We didn't have the Berrytown/Meadowsweet/Sunbright Families here to throw us for a loop... lol

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
I think of them as all females except for the males that are the daddies and big brothers in my herd. I guess I am odd like that. Someone called me weird one time when I mentioned this in a thread but it never offended me.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
It's weird, with older gen ponies, I usually DON'T have gender headcanons!
.........Except who is a trans gal, of course. (Which is....probably 40%.)

Except......
..........Masquerade(g1) n' Wysteria(G3).
Those are my agender babies!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Blueberry Baskets.  I only had one big bro in my childhood ponies so I asked my mom to carefully cut Blueberry's hair so she could become a he.  Oh, and Spunky the camel was also a boy!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
They're all female to me, unless they're in the traditional boy moulding. We didn't have the Berrytown/Meadowsweet/Sunbright Families here to throw us for a loop... lol

Yup this for me.

If I am honest I dont recall it ever being something I thought about when playing with ponies as a little girl. I had an Applejack called Tom but he was named after my best friend at the time - so it was not intentionally to make him a boy. Whether girls or boys was irrelevant to the stories and adventures therefore it was not a factor as odd as that may be to some.

So unless they were specifically introduced as a boy (on their cards, in the comics or books) they would have been a girl pony. And thats kind of where I have stayed - if Hasbro said she is a she, then she is a she; if Hasbro said he is a he, then he is a he.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Yes lady pinwheel I am completely with you about gingerbreads pose making all the ponies in this pose look like boys! Every time I see my Princess Dawn especially I think she looks really masculine, even with all the tinsel in her hair!  :lol:

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think of every pony in that pose as a boy, but it does look boyish. Sportstime especially looks like a boy.

When I was a kid I decided Cocoberry was a boy. Secret Star was also clearly a boy; he was so much bigger than the others. :) Later in my games when I got more ponies I also made several ponies into boys, notably Snuzzle (Peachy's husband), Sunbeam (Moondancer's husband), Moonstone, Skydancer (mine had a mowhawk), and Baby Frosting (who preferred the cooler nickname of "Frost.")

One bizarre example of a pony I made a boy was the colorswirl pony Starswirl. I needed more boys in my herd, I guess, and made her Starglow's husband. These days I just think of her as a girl; there's nothing boyish about her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal