collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not a pony Brag but my HOUSE Brag!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Not a pony Brag but my HOUSE Brag!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:19 AM »
Your house looks gorgeous! I love the way you've decorated, too!

I know how you feel about the colors- our house was 100% off white when we bought it. We finally have 2 rooms painted..haha!
Thank you skyrocketneko, sounds like ours were alot the same. I know how you feel. It took me about three years to get the two bedrooms painted upstairs. And about 4 to get the baesment half done.   

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:49 AM »
It's overwhelming, isn't it? We've had ours for a year and 4 months now, and have done a ton of work, but sometimes it just doesn't show that quickly!

Off topic- My house is enormous as well, so doing anything in it is tough! We got another king size bed the other day, and I swear I had to drag the queen size a half mile to move it to one of the other bedrooms!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
Oh yes it sure it! And it does cost a lot of money to fix up a house. Mine is not to big. I am pretty sure its under 1000 sq feet. Not a big house at all. But it does have 2 full baths and will have 4 bedrooms. It has three right now.

My hunny had a king size bed and it would not fit in my room. So we had to keep the Queen that I had. I did like that king bed, lots of room! I would love to see pictures of your place :)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »
Four bedrooms is really nice!  I love having extra beds to close myself off in if I want some privacy!

I do have some before shots, but no afters yet! I'll have to update them once the house stays clean and we get the frame for the king bed. 

These are images of the house just before we moved in. Sorry there are so many- we wanted to take some good shots so we had before and afters available.  It was super cheap on auction- the former owners were evicted and nobody even placed a bid on it except us.  It's 4000sqft.  You may want to start from the last page and work your way back. :) Then you can even see the outside.

http://s485.photobucket.com/user/King_Cobra_2001/library/Lyons?page=1

I'm not sure if you can see, but the carpeting was just disgusting. We replaced the whole upstairs carpet and it took me weeks to get the bottom level cleaned.  We had to spend quite a bit just to move in- aside from other things, there was no fridge and some of the walls were also damaged.  Our next step is the kitchen floor. The wood is in pretty bad shape. Our decks are also dangerous and outside of code.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 05:54:13 AM »
Wow. It'll be beautiful when you're done I'm sure! You already had a lot of nice features to work with. Ours is a small "starter house" but reno dollars still add up, but it was so gross, NASTY carpet which is gone downstairs. Foam backed and was glued to the subfloor and a nightmare to take up- but I did it! One floor to go and not looking forward to it. The walls weren't well done, lots of various old wallpapers, bad paintcolours and some had cheap 70's paneling. Got almost the entire place stripped sanded and painted, new flooring on the main level. Two bathrooms to paint, and just the pony room to add a wallcolour to, I did all the prep and priming already. Need trim for the entire house, flooring for upstairs and trying to think of something to do with all the stairs- they're awful. I just put in cheap click on the main level and plan to in the hall and bedrooms on the top level as well, we did a careful job so it looks better then I thought and it's so easy to keep clean.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
WOW!!! That is a very nice looking house!!!

WOW! You sure did a lot in your house! Good luck with it all :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Very nice. I can't stand plain white walls (and at work I currently have a huge one across from me, ick).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
Thank you, I LOVED your project and the pictures you shared. :) Hopefully you share again once you paint the kitchen, green sounds beautiful!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Very nice. I can't stand plain white walls (and at work I currently have a huge one across from me, ick).
That would drive me crazy!!!

Thank you, yes I will post when I get it done :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal