collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's happening...?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
What's happening...?
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
Um..... there's a BBE Baby Lickety Split looking at me right now.

Seriously... she's looking at me... and I think I am starting to like her?

She came with a bunch of her ugly little sisters... but Lickety..... she's not that ugly.... What's going on!?  I normally *intensely dislike* BBE's!!!!!

...but she's kinda cute.... her hair is really pink and her eyes aren't even creeping me out all that much? She looks really happy?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Am I seriously considering keeping her? What's wrong with me!!?  :blink:

Has anyone else had this happen? Be it BBE or some other pony that you swore you would never have in your collection? Share!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening...?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
Somehow you managed to take one of the few cute photos of a BBE I've ever seen!

I recently purchased a lot that contained a SHS and two Perfume Puffs.  Always thought both sets looked very strange but I kinda love them.  Especially Sweet Lily.  They're still getting sold though :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
She actually looks adorable from that angle!  I think you should let her stick around  ;)

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »
You know, that picture you took actually does make her look cute! Keep her! ^.^

Your question is a tough one...I'd say BBE's are among my least favorite, as well. (Says the girl who has three. :P) Here's something to ponder, though...

For the longest time I could hardly look at G3.5s. My childhood gen was G3, and it was crushing to log on the MLP site one day and see those--FISH! That's seriously what I called them! XD Well, after the "fish pony" era ended, and I acquired a G3.5 Rainbow Fish--sorry, Dash--I looked at her. And looked at her a little more. After a few weeks, I thought: what was wrong with me?

Teams of people had brainstormed to come up with her generation's design, and all I had done was laugh at it! Sometimes it takes a little time to appreciate something that might not be beautiful at first sight, but once you open your eyes, things that didn't make you happy before start to put a smile on your face. :)

Starlily

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
I had this happen with Princess ponies :P No, seriously I did not like them at all; sold loads which passed through here and just never took to them. And then one day, Princess Serena just looked at me and was like "Duuuude...dont you see how awesome and amazing we are, how cute we look with all our shiny and sparkly accessories?" And that was that; they are now one of my favourite sets. :) Brain washed by a pony.

Also...that picture is adorable; she looks pretty hard to resist.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 01:04:01 PM »
Ah, BBE love. Don't fight it. Just go with the vibe...  :lookround:

Spoiler

Even the big ones are cute!!  ;)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
That's the cutest bbe photo I've seen ever! She does look very cute there.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 08:17:40 PM »
She does look really happy there.

For me it was the SSCupcake pose. Hated it for years, wouldn't have a pony in that pose in my collection. Then one day I bought a SS Scrumptious for a swap partner and suddenly I didn't mind the pose anymore.

Elf

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »
For me it was the EQGS. I originally got Cellyzombie for her pony and she just sat on my desk and I kept looking at her. Now she's got her own facebook page practically and...uh, 11 more ponydollies with no signs of stopping. Oops.

Carrie

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 01:18:51 AM »
I was never interested in them but then I picked one up second hand and she's really grown on me xD

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 01:24:44 AM »
The same thing has happened to me more than once.  As a kid I *hated* the Dance 'n Prance ponies with a passion.  I absolutely hated them.  I used to call them hooker ponies:p  Everything from the gaudy boa and earrings they came with, to the way they were designed to twirl their tails in that "COME AND GET SOME!" way of theirs just screamed nasty to me.  When I started collecting as an adult, I continued to hate them.  Then one day at a pony meet I saw one in action in person for the first time and thought it was the funniest darn thing I've ever seen.  I've had a thing for them ever since:p

I also used to hate the G2s with a passion.  I was collecting when they first came out, and I was sorely disappointed in what they had done to my beloved ponies.  I was perfectly happy to not collect them, but then a friend of mine went to Europe for 2 months.  She went all over the place. She was went to Greece, Italy, Spain, France, and a bunch of other countries.  She kept emailing me that she found ponies and she was sending them to me!  I was so excited!  Images of Baby Mintys and super rare G1s were dancing in my head for weeks...and then the packages started to roll in.  One manky Greek Minty, and box after box of G2s.  Any gift pony is always a permanent part of my collection for all time, and here I was saddled with a significant pile of fugly ponies.  Fortunately she had found a lot of babies, all in the package with their little outfits.  Ponywear is a weakness of mine, and it didn't take long for them to grow on me.  A year later when I went to France myself, I found the Paris TRU, and came home with hundreds of dollars worth of G2s.  I'm 4 away from having them all now, and I really do love them.  It's the accessories that sold me:p
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:33:00 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 01:45:38 AM »
Hee hee... these stories are great!

Likewise I once had issues with the Perfume Puffs, Princesses (2nd release) and the Cupcake Pose (I used to think it looked so.... aggressive!) but after getting those types of ponies in my hands, my attitude totally changed! Now I constantly stalk for a sweet deal on Tafetta and Red Roses!  ONe day my pretties... I shall have you!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 03:47:28 AM »
That is a very cute picture:) I am not into them either but that is cute :)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 04:07:39 AM »
I was writing a post for a thread here about how much I don't like G2s, and then mid-post I decided they were my second favorite generation. Huh, self!? Have it your way! Now I love them!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 04:39:00 AM »
For me is was EqG.  When it came out, I knew I'd watch the movie but I definitely didn't want the dolls. For one, they just didn't look right to me. I liked the way they looked in the movie, but the actual dolls just looked weird to me.  That, and they were dolls. For me, I kind of started to buy pony toys in steps, because as someone who had never shown any interest in anything remotely girly until about 17 (it was kind of a sudden "holy mother of God, this is cute and I like it" sort of thing) so I kind of had to do this in baby steps.

Honestly, it wasn't until about two months ago that they stopped looking weird (well, some of them still do) and started to actually look cute. And when I find something I think is cute, at a decent price, I pretty much have to buy it. The first one I got was Twilight, and honestly the pony that came with it was what sealed it. As of right now I've got four, but there are a few more coming out soon and out now that I eventually want to get. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal