collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giant G3 Plushies - looking for more info??  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Giant G3 Plushies - looking for more info??
« on: December 27, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
Hi all, so I've searched through the forums and read old posts pertaining to the G3 giant plushies, but I'm a bit confused... can anyone clear some things up for me?

Frilly Frocks was the only giant plushie released in the US correct?

Which other plushies, released in Australia/NZ, were AS BIG AS Frilly Frocks?

Who is the BIGGEST plushie?

What are the plushies that are "Pajama plushies" - how big are there, what characters, are they floppy like pillows or standing like Frilly Frocks?

Sorry I'm trying to figure out which plushies came in what sizes, etc... I'm very confused after trying to look online for this info, but maybe I've missed a page somewhere that clearly lays this out... I know the Wiki doesn't have much on Frilly Frocks or her large companions...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Giant G3 Plushies - looking for more info??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
Frilly & the other large plushies from Australia are the same size. I think they stand close to 3 feet tall. At the 2010 MLP Fair in Kentucky, ashlyne had a bunch of the giant plushies & auctioned them off during the Fair. It was quite a sight to see them all together!

The pajama plushies are much smaller... maybe half the size of the giant plushies. I think I've heard that those measured around 18 inches tall.

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »
Yep the PJ plushies are much smaller.  I have them and the giants and the Pj ones prob only come up to the top of the giants legs.  They are solid and stand like the big ones though :-)

I also have a frilly frocks who is a bit smaller than the giants and came with a butterfly backback thingy?  She's adorable too! 

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
i have a minty pj plushie, and she's actually quite large. in regular plushies, i've seen frilly frocks, minty, and sweetberry.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:50:11 PM by kezrob23 »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 05:51:28 AM »
I am not sure why, but my frilly is a little bit bigger then the ones that I got from AUS. Frilly also has more and thicker hair on her.

Here are the PJ Pals next to the big girls.......................

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:55:27 AM by avene1984 »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Yes Frilly was the only giant released in the US - in fact the only giant outside Australia released anywhere.

All of the giants released in Australia were as big or almost as big as Frilly. There is a difference in size between the first release of giants and the following 2 sets - the first set are a little larger than the second and third sets. I believe that Frilly is closest in size to the larger first wave of giants.

Series 1 Target - Rainbow Dash, Sweetberry, Minty

Series 2 Target (slightly smaller and came with butterfly wings) - Minty, Twinkle Twirl, Frilly Frocks

Series 3 Myer (again still in the smaller scale but not with the wings) - Pinkie Pie, Minty, Wysteria

In addition there was also
- Kimono [Red Rooster competition]
- Starshimmer [give away for an event for the Starlight Foundation]
- Butterscotch [prototype]

It should be noted that Butterscotch was only ever officially spotted as a potential "product design" on a manufacturers catalogue. Until the one which Spinky owns showed up she was very much just an unknown. The same manufacturer also had a picture of a giant Star Catcher and a giant Star Swirl - so perhaps they are out there as well?

If I remember correctly the rumour at the time for the size change was that retailers were actually looking for something smaller around the 20 inch size but Hasbro wouldn't licence that size of plush so they ended up making their second set of giants smaller than the first although still easily in the "giant" category. That was very much a rumour discussed amongst collectors at the time though so how much of that is truth and how much is simply that the manufacturer decided on a smaller product I am not sure if we know for certain.

Of the PJ Pals there was Minty, Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle and Wysteria all were available at Myer and as you can see in the above pics they stand by themselves the same as the giants and are a little over half their height.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
oooohhh jeeezzz Hathor again you're blowing my mind - I really need to plan a trip to Australia now... I can't even describe how much I'm in love with Frilly Frocks... Oooh man. LoL I think I'm drooling!

My Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
You should be able to track a Frilly down in the US eventually. She doesnt come up for sale lots but she still pops up occasionally :) Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
lol sunshinepony, i'm still keeping an eye out for you - way cheaper than a trip here :) but you would love it here if you came :) nice and warm at the moment :P

Post Merge: December 28, 2012, 08:03:11 PM

there's a giant sweetberry on ebay aust at the moment, and will de stuff to send overseas. only it's $150 :( seems like peeps here are starting to realise they are wanted!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:03:11 PM by kezrob23 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »
lol sunshinepony, i'm still keeping an eye out for you - way cheaper than a trip here :) but you would love it here if you came :) nice and warm at the moment :P

Post Merge: December 28, 2012, 08:03:11 PM

there's a giant sweetberry on ebay aust at the moment, and will de stuff to send overseas. only it's $150 :( seems like peeps here are starting to realise they are wanted!!

Yes I know you are, you are too kind for doing that - but yessss I want to visit Australia!! (I actually looked up plane ticket prices... eeeks gonna have to save for a while, I found FIRST CLASS flight is $18000... HOLY COW - not that I'd travel anything but economy, but it popped up when I was looking and I was like OMG! lol!) And I have that Sweetberry bookmarked, hahah I just can't afford that, because I do know they're cheaper within the country... just need to bide my time... too many expensive things I want to buy at once, ehh? Ain't that always the issue... hehe

You should be able to track a Frilly down in the US eventually. She doesnt come up for sale lots but she still pops up occasionally :) Good luck!

Hehhe actually Hath, I got her for Christmas!! That's kind of what made me want to know a little bit more about them... like I knew there were huge plushies, and then I found out most of them weren't released in the US, but then I started hearing about these PJ plushies, and they still looked big... and then when I got Frilly Frocks I was like HOLY COW SHE'S HUGE - so I wasn't sure if others were like that or what, so I really appreciate the info helping me straighten out what's what and everything!! :lovey:

My Want List

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 10:53:58 PM »
I feel a need to acquire some of these (I have no idea where I'm going to put them!) so out of curiosity, what are the 3 foot plushes trading for these days?  I've been wanting to start collecting G3 and I think these would make a good start.

If I'm reading this right, there are nine total that were released to the general public, but two appear to have been limited.  I'm also guessing that if Minty was released in all three waves she's the most common?  And what are the butterfly wings referred to in release #2?
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline AusMLP

• The Pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Parasol & PoD Customs Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 02:27:19 AM »
Here is a Photo of Spinky's collection :)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 02:54:02 AM »
A Rainbow Dash sold here for $30NZD just before Christmas, so whats that like less than $25USD!!

Spinkys collection is incredible
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 03:36:52 AM »
I love Spinkys collection! its awesome!! *wants all giant plushies*  :dribble: 
I only have giant Minty - she was a gift from a friend in Australia :lovey:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »
I paid $30.00 each for the PJ plushies ones that I have. The shipping is what is going to kill, even unstuffed they still are alot!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal