collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: banks.. help?  (Read 511 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
banks.. help?
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »
ok so iv kinda had it with my pony collection >.< aside from customs and a select few g1-g4 that are special to me.. I NEED to sell everything, I dont have room, and I need the money, and honestly I havent added to my collection in a few years and i honestly feel like its not an interest of mine at all... I have SOO much stuff I need to sell.. but I have a problem.

I dont have a bank account anymore, this is why I cant use paypal, and havent reopened my sales thread in so long, because I have no way to accept payments and I dont want to ask people to send me money orders.

Iv been hesitant to find a new bank, at least since i dont have a job right now i dont really NEED one. a lot of people suggest a local credit union, but iv also heard horror story's about those.. but I need to get this stuff out of here.

My experience in checking accounts is Chase bank.. who I will never go back too.. and NorthWest bank which i think is just a local thing, they were fine honestly but i think they were more of a large scale type of bank, i dunno.
does anyone have suggestions i guess?

until i get a job id really only be using it for paypal and not holding money for any length of time.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: banks.. help?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »
You can get one of those walmart money cards - the ones that you can reload and use that for paypal. I think you may have to wait a few days till you receive the permanent walmart money card (the one with your name on it) first before paypal will let you add it? It has been so long since I signed up for paypal anad they changed the rules to make it stricter to join so I dont know if you actually need a bank account or not

As for real banks - no idea. All the Big banks suck, so I kept the credit union I had when I was in Alaska. its a bit inconvenient at times, since they are ONLY in Alaska but they dont have any of the BS normal banks have - like overdraft fees and such.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »
can't you also have paypal issue you a check? think there is a fee, etc but then you don't need to get an account. as long as you have a paypal already.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:33:01 AM »
ok well o_O heres what happened

I had a paypal or have still maybe.. I really need to check that out. Anyway! I made a paypal, I thought you HAD to have a bank account to open a paypal, so I made my bank account with NWB.

Everything was fine, when someone pays me via paypal i usually keep it IN paypal, and buy what I need online. it was just easier then waiting for it to transfer into my bank account. There for the bank account always looked inactive. So I kept getting notes from them in the mail saying that I would be charged like $6 inactive fee, so id go in and like deposit a dollar or something xD, I got really tired of the notes so I decided to just close the bank account.

I continued to use my paypal for maybe a year after that? I thought eventually they would lock it because it wasnt connected to an actual checking account.

Before that could happen it got partially locked because my email was inactive (my fault, i should have taken care of that a LONG time ago)

so basically i guess what im asking is, do i not actually need to get a bank account to continue using my paypal?

---
update.. xD
so i tried to adjust my email, but it asks me to varify my old bank account, which i cant do since it no longer exists. it keeps sending me around in circles asking for information that no longer exists.. there is no money in my paypal so would it just be easier to delete it some how (can you do that?) and start over?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:39:46 AM by truevampiress »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:22 AM »
I had a paypal account that I closed because I didn't use it after I got married. I just use hubby's paypal instead. It was a bit of effort, but you can closed them.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
I would suggest calling someone at paypal and asking them for suggestions. They generally don't like how it looks if someone creates another account if they already have one, so they may have suggestions on how to re-activate it or how to close it properly and create a new one.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:21:01 AM »
Yep, call them and explain you changed banks and closed all accounts associated with this particular Paypal and you'd like to work this out.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »
I cant suggest anything, since what I know is Canadian related..but I do hope you can sort things out <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »
it looks like i might still be able to change my bank accounts. but who knows.

i mean closing it sounds like a bit of a hassle, so it would be nice if i could just keep it going and change banks. I think ill try that first, ill just have to open a new bank account. Then if that doesnt work i can always contact them about closing it and starting a whole new one.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »
You don't need a bank account for Paypal :) For a year or two I had only my debit card linked. I now have my bank account (same account the debit card is on) linked and it always reminds me that if the bank account doesn't have enough money they will charge my debit card lol. For banking I have Bank of America. They are just okay haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
I would give them a call.
They locked my account last year after they did a verification to make sure its really my account and I never received the pin number from them to complete the process. I had to call them and it was pretty siimple to fix the problem. Then the retards did the same damn thing AGAIN like a week later and I had to call them once again.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »
I don't know what to suggest.  I have had the same Paypal with various bank accounts for over a decade and I use a regional bank that's actually pretty good.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal