collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The UK PONYCON 2014 - let's get excited thread  (Read 2095 times)

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
The UK PONYCON 2014 - let's get excited thread
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:37:25 AM »
Thanks again to everyone who has been taking part in our survey so far - with all the information you have given us we are working hard on finding a venue for this years UK Ponycon.

So lets hear about your visits to UK Ponycon in the past.

How about your past UK Ponycon experience?
What was the best location for you?
Which UK Ponycon did you enjoy most and why?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This picture was taken by me on my very first UK Ponycon in 2008 in Uxbridge/London.

Don't forget to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest Updates!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ponycon
Twitter: UKPonyCon

xx
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:28:03 AM by salemsparkler »

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The UK PONYCON 2014 - let's get excited thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:07:51 AM »
I am incredibly exited for this year! I cant wait until the dates and location are announced, I'm starting work on my cosplay soon and I'm honestly fizzing with excitement!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:27:13 AM »
So lets hear about your visits to UK Ponycon in the past.

It's looking unlikely I'll be able to attend this year. :( Lack of funds to put into a stall. I shall provide feedback anyway so it can potentially help others out. :)

I've been to Brighton and Cardiff. Brighton's venue was too quiet due to it being too far out of the town. Cardiff's venue was much better. :)

Out of the two I've been to it's definitely Cardiff.

Cardiff. :P The venue was lovely and well-situated. It was close to everything and it was only a short journey from there to Cardiff Bay and the city centre. The staff at the venue were friendly (one very nice lady bought a pony from my stall! :D ) and from my personal experience were helpful and they seemed interested in what we were doing. I can't speak for others though. :P

Really excited for the venue announcement! If it's somewhere I can get to easily it's more likely I can go. :)
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:39:41 AM »
I never attended ponycon, but I really wanted to go last year. Saddly Cardiff was too long a drive, I'm hoping this year will be doable transportwise. *crossing my fingers*

It looks like such an amazing thing to go to, I remember attending pony meets when I started collecting, but haven't attended any since.
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »
Great to hear!

LOL BlueyBirdy - I really liked the Brighton Location and I think that was my favourite, but I understand what you are saying.

@Aquarel - we are usually trying to work out locations with good transport links, which means some airport close-ish and /or a good train link from the airport. For the Cardiff Con it was basically the way through London and then hop on a train from there (for the non UK folks). I am sure it will be similar this year. Doesnt have to be London though (I think it was Birmingham and Manchester in the past too). There are some of our dutch friends who attend regularly - it might be good getting in contact with them about good travel links.

Yay tinyblondie, cant wait to see it!

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
Cardiff was my favourite out of the three I've been to. The room was fantastic, we had lots of space to be able to look around stalls, it was easy for me to get to the venue without having to get taxis or buses and there was loads of other stuff around to keep me entertained. And welsh people are lovely!

I loved Brighton as a city but if you don't drive, it's weird getting a bus to the venue! ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:38:24 AM »
Looking forward to finding out the dates and the location to find out if getting there is possible :) I really want to meet so many pony friends in real life.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:43:18 AM »
I'm really hoping I can go this year, since most of the time it's a little out of my reach (Brighton would have been ideal, had something else not turned up that year)! I'd really love to attend though :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

UnicornCandy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
Aha! You guys are everywhere!

Can't wait for announcements! Totally excited for it!
I just hope it will be affordable at the time! :D

Also, I need to ask....
The first photo of the pony stall....

Am I right thinking all the ponies were for sale?!
:O

If so, I need to marry someone very very rich! Or need to start saving now! ):
It'll kill me not to go home without anything!

:shocked:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
My fave was actually at Birmingham, west mids ;) the brighton one was good but the one where I saw all the pony peeps I know was at brum. And the City centre is amazing too!!!

Looking forward to finding out the dates and the location to find out if getting there is possible :) I really want to meet so many pony friends in real life.

I will drive and pick you up if necessary :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »
I hope it's in the north this year. I'd love to be able to finally join in.  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

tinyblondie

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »

I agree with you on that one, its gonna be lovely to put faces to usernames ^^

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 12:34:23 PM »
Hmm I liked the hotel in Cardiff and I thought the stalls were laid out better than in previous years. Having it brought forward by a month without warning was a major issue for me (as I always kept October free, and suddenly it was in September!) and it ended up being a very expensive 2.5 hours that I actually spent in the convention due to the travel and hotel costs. I thought that the custom entries had shot down in number, but then I don't know what happened on the Saturday. I for one hadn't entered anything as the timings really didn't suit but I plan to this year. I really liked the fact that both days were on a weekend, as I work for a retailer and we can't take holiday during the autumn. If I hadn't been busy on the Saturday I'd definitely have attended both days - in previous years I've really felt like I've been missing out due to Members Day being on a Friday.

Nottingham was nice and easy to get to, but the venue was too small and there really wasn't enough room for the stalls/people - I'm not sure the committee expected it to be so busy. I actually stayed at my sisters so I can't comment on the hotel otherwise. I had a stall that year myself and quite enjoyed it, luckily I was parked next to a very good friend otherwise I might have gotten a bit lonely all by myself!

Brighton was a long long way and a last minute decision to decide to go (due to finances, mostly). I only drove down for the day as I stayed in Hertfordshire so the area being quiet didn't bother me. I remember that it wasn't very clearly signed where you needed to go and I was on my own again! Again I think floor space around the stalls was a little limited.

Birmingham was a gorgeous venue - unfortunately now closed - but the area was a little.. well not the nicest! I was glad that I had OH with me. I can't remember much more than that unfortunately.

Sheffield was the first con I went to. Really convenient as OH was at Uni in Sheffield at the time. All I can remember is being a bit overwhelmed by it all. :lol:

In terms of location, Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham were definitely the easiest, and kind of central. However I do feel like we could maybe move towards the North East - say Newcastle way. Mainly for me it's the dates - I will go anywhere as long as I am free at the time to do so and have enough notice to save up.

I think that Cardiff could easily have been my favourite con had I been able to attend the whole thing, but as that wasn't possible I'm going to say Birmingham for the convention itself. I think Nottingham would be it except it was so cramped - in fact I remember one poor lady trying to get around in a wheelchair and finding it impossible!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
Daffy Sheffield was the first one I went to too! :D and I remembered feeling overwhelmed aswell lol...and shy
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Snix

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »
Im thinking to attend this year...could be a wonderful experience!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal