collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any collectors here that are also horse people?  (Read 532 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any collectors here that are also horse people?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 10:28:33 AM »
I love horses, never been able to take lessons due to a childhood allergy and now I am living vicariously through my friend who owns a horse (and having a small Breyer collection also helps ;) )

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 03:03:02 PM »
would love to own a horse but the fact that i'm allergic to a very integral part of their care i can't have any. I would love to just do a simple trail ride or anything anymore  i haven't been on the back of a horse for years though.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »
I can ride and it's my favourite thing in the world to do. Sadly, I don't have my own horse and riding is so expensive here in the UK that unless you know someone whose horse you can ride, it's very difficult to ride on a regular basis.

I started having riding lessons when I was 7 and my first MLP was bought for me at age 7 but i don't think there's a link! I've always thought of them separately, for some reason...
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2022, 08:21:55 PM »
I think I was a horse person once I used to ride as a teenager. Though my interest have changed over the years. I still will always love horses. I also love horse games. :D

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2022, 09:50:08 PM »
I've always been a horse person. I took lessons regularly from when I was about 12 and only stopped at age 19 or 20, when university became busier and I just didn't have the time anymore. In that, I guess my story is pretty similar to many others' here, but a few months ago, I actually started taking lessons again! And it's such fun - I don't know why I ever stopped.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 08:54:38 AM »
I love horses and will  spend time with them when given the opportunity.  But, I've never had the chance to be responsible for one.  One day, I'd like to own a real pony or two.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
I just got back from riding lessons at the time I posted this I wish I could have a real one but there's no place on our property we could try to fit a horse so I will just have to have an army of tiny plastic ones instead
long live chrysalis

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2022, 04:56:42 AM »
I'm actually kind of scared of real horses :scared:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 07:38:54 AM »
I was a big horse person as a young teen - horse posters, grand champions collection, riding lessons, the works!  I'm not in any kind of position (physically or financially) to own a horse, but if I had land I would definitely love to (whether to ride or to simply give a nice old beast a good retirement.)  I love riding and would love the chance to do it again - we've been trying to organize friends group things (my husband also used to ride and loves horses), though covid put a real wrench in the works with that.

I think horses are nice beasts overall, I don't have a particularly romanticized view of them (at the end of the day, you gotta muck stalls no matter what, and they can have all kinds of personalities) but I like animals and I think they're generally pleasant beasties to interact with.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2022, 01:32:22 PM »
I loved horses as a kid and teen. I took lessons and had a couple of horses I could ride over the years. Then I quit at 18. Never took it up again. Now I’m 40 and still miss it! Perhaps I should start again ;)

Not sure if there is a direct link, but I loved anything “horse” as a kid :heart:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2022, 12:02:03 AM »
I loved horses as a kid and teen. I took lessons and had a couple of horses I could ride over the years. Then I quit at 18. Never took it up again. Now I’m 40 and still miss it! Perhaps I should start again ;)

Go for it! I stopped ruding for almost twenty years and only started again a few months ago. It's surprising how much you remember. I can definitely recommend giving it a try if you can. It was the right decision for me.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2022, 03:19:06 PM »

Go for it! I stopped ruding for almost twenty years and only started again a few months ago. It's surprising how much you remember. I can definitely recommend giving it a try if you can. It was the right decision for me.

I second this ^^ I went 11 or so years without riding, and while I'm still feeling a bit rusty 6 months later (which may or may not be me doubting my own abilities), it does come back to you super fast, and for me it was 100% the right decision to pick it up too! Go for it :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2022, 11:03:06 PM »
I'm definitely into horses. ^^ I've never owned any, I've ridden a couple, I always felt pretty weird about it though. Probably because they were strangers to me so I didn't know their personalities or quirks, and one of them I think wasn't being treated well... But I keep imagining what it would be like to help take care of some.

I think I was always fascinated by unicorns as a kid, and I've always loved My Little Pony. I'm not really sure if one was responsible for the other at that stage. Later on though, My Little Pony definitely became the culprit haha. I got into horses because I was studying horse anatomy to make better My Little Pony art, and ultimately found myself appreciating them a lot more because of it.

I can't afford like anything regarding horses though sadly. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to make that change, I'd love to have horses in my life.

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2022, 02:42:47 PM »
Two of my girls were into MLPs in the 80s. I started collecting them and it ending up being MLPs for ME.
All 4 children were into real horses, off in an old truck in the cold winter mornings to gymkanas, riding schools, Picnic races, whatever for years.
We had a rural property so as well as the kids horses - hubby ALWAYS had a horse of some kind till we retired.
Me - just MLPs and now I am retired - sadly selling them slowly as Grandchildren are mostly city kids with phones and tablets and hardly know what a horse is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2022, 07:18:46 AM »
I am a horse person as well. Loved horses all my life and got my first horse from my grandfather when I was about 8? And I believe my horse was actually the same age that time too lol her name was Suzy  ^.^ I haven’t ridden or owned a horse in awhile but I’d love to again one day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal