collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least fave twice as fancy 1st wave?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline LivioKelem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Least fave twice as fancy 1st wave?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 06:03:36 AM »
Up Up and Away has specifical colors. I don't think what they are combined well. I really love balloons, but green, yellow and hard pink? Srsly?  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 06:11:35 AM »
It's funny, because I sorta-love all of the ponies in this set! But I'm biased; I don't usually like the monochromatic ponies as much, and Dancing Butterflies is REALLY monochromatic. Her only saving grace is that she was my very first pony! :O So I can't say her! But probably my least favorite would be Up Up and Away; she's one of my favorite G1 poses, but the magenta on pink doesn't read great for me! (Probably that monochromatic bias again!) I do like her a lot more when her hair's faded to white! I do really love her MO baby, though; I love that little magenta unicorn! I remember pining after them in the leaflet as a kiddo!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »
I don't care much for Sweet Tooth. I think it's her symbol; the colours seem a bit dull to me in combination with her colour scheme.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
Overall, I like the first set of TAF ponies to the second set. I guess Up Up and Away is my least favorite but that's only because I like the other five better. Milky Way is probably my favorite, but I think she is more striking when she has the white stars.

Offline Fizzy Scrumptious

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Truly_Scumptious on the MLPTP! <3
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »
Up Up and Away has specifical colors. I don't think what they are combined well. I really love balloons, but green, yellow and hard pink? Srsly?  >_<

I agree! I really don't like how her colors were combined, the balloons don't look that good against her pink IMO. I feel like the green wasn't a good choice lol

:rainbow: they/them :rainbow: | wishlist | art thread
thank you tailrustedtealeaf for the lovely icon and Strawberry Swirl for the left-side adoptable in my sig :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 05:03:38 AM »
My childhood ones were Strawberry Fair, Dancing Butterflies and Milky Way. I have zero regrets for any of those choices.

Although I am not as fond of white star MW as I am the silver star one. We had both in the UK. Mine was silverstar so I guess I have bias.

As a kid I really was a bit obsessed with Love Melody.

I dunno why.

If the hair is still pink on Up Up and LM, then my least favourite would be Lollipop. She had quite a comic presence but I was never super in love with her even as a kid. But I don't like LM or Up Up faded, so if they're faded, then probably one of them.

And yeah, not so keen on white star MW.

Favourites are Dancing Butterflies and Strawberry Fair, for childhood nostalgia reasons. SF is the only one I have on her UK card though I do have DB's backcard and about five loose ones xd.

...I like both TAF sets. This one because as Ponybookworm said, they're the set we had in the UK (for 2 years -.-)...but I do also love some of the 2nd set (Buttons, NG) for how pretty they are.

I guess my favourite TAF overall (or I should say, "Party Pony") is probably Strawberry Fair though. She was my first, and I still love her. White and red is a combination that always works imo.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal