collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...  (Read 44116 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2017, 07:50:18 AM »
I just deleted my stuff and my account with the message "I am unhappy with the services that Photobucket provides". That'll show 'em  :devious:
What's the most reliable photo uploading alternative? One that doesn't pull these kinds of shenanigans?

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »
Put your picture in your Dropbox folder.
Right click on it, choose 'Copy Dropbox Link'
Bam, you have a URL.  Put it in [] img tags the way you'd normally do.  There's a button for it on this forum and most others to make it easier.

That didn't work. I have some images on another message board that I need to fix ASAP before the mods of there start screaming at me. Leaving broken links up is against the rules. :(

sailorstitch

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2017, 09:24:47 AM »
I used Photobucket for all of my hosting too.  I've been trying in vain all morning to get my icon to work.  I used imgbox to download it but it just shows up as a broken link. 

Same for flickr. I have a huge headache right now from all of this.  I really don't know what to do.

With flickr I'm going to "share" and copying the link that's provided afterwards but it does not work.

I use Flickr a lot, so maybe I can help? Where are you trying to share to? There are several link options provided after you press the 'share icon'. If you're posting to the forum, after clicking on the share icon, click on BBCode on the pop up and use that link. There will be a variety of sizes for you to choose from too.

I'd really appreciate the help!  There is only one link that appears after I hit share: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (with [img])
https://www.flickr.com/gp/76824052@N04/1k32mz (without)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
This is how I post pictures from Flickr

Click the arrow that says "Share Photo"  Click "BBcode" Pick the size you want from the drop down box Right click the link and select copy. Open a post box here and click paste. 

I hope this helps anyone that is having trouble with Flickr. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »
It took me several tries to download my albums on photobucket. Sometimes it would let me download an album of 500 pictures in less than two minutes... other times I'd wait ten minutes and nothing happened and so I'd just try again and again.

Same here. I managed to download the first (and smallest) album successfully, however, with the other albums, I didn't have any luck. I ended up downloading all the pictures individually. It took me several hours to do so.

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »
Don't mind me. Just making a post to test one of my PB accounts to see if my photos are being blocked.  :lookround:

ETA: Ok, that's odd. My sailorstitch account is being blocked. That's my original account I opened 12+ years ago. But my other two accounts, sailormufasa and sailorgurgi, are working just fine. Well... as fine as I can expect from PB.  :what:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:19:42 AM by sailorstitch »

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
I've managed to download my photos but I had to use the in-page navigation as clicking the back button made it unhappy. I did have to shut down my browser a few times to get it to work. If you click "download" and nothing happens then it's best to do "cancel" and try again. It didn't have much problem with doing 900+ pics in one go but you just have to persist and keep starting from scratch.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
Bam, you have a URL.  Put it in [] img tags the way you'd normally do.  There's a button for it on this forum and most others to make it easier.

That didn't work. I have some images on another message board that I need to fix ASAP before the mods of there start screaming at me. Leaving broken links up is against the rules. :(

sailorstitch

What exactly didn't work?
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »

sailorstitch

Are you trying to create new links? I'll have to look up how to do that again. Photos are find but links I've forgotten how to do it so I've had to remove mine for now.

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »

sailorstitch

I copied the link into the img tags, but the picture didn't appear. It was just a blank space.

I've been playing around with Drop Box, Imgur and Flickr. Right now Flickr is working the best for me. I'm using that one to fix my photos on the other message board. But I'd still like to have Drop Box too if I can get the pictures to embed.

sailorstitch

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »

Click the arrow that says "Share Photo"  Click "BBcode" Pick the size you want from the drop down box Right click the link and select copy. Open a post box here and click paste. 

Ponyfan

I only get one link after I hit share and it doesn't work in anything (see my last post). I wish I could show you a screenshot, but... haha....

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »

sailorstitch

I copied the link into the img tags, but the picture didn't appear. It was just a blank space.

I've been playing around with Drop Box, Imgur and Flickr. Right now Flickr is working the best for me. I'm using that one to fix my photos on the other message board. But I'd still like to have Drop Box too if I can get the pictures to embed.

sailorstitch

What does the URL look like?
Edit: Oh wait I remember, pretty sure I wrote an auto-correct for this.  Change https://www.dropbox.com to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/

That should fix it?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:31:15 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2017, 05:45:12 AM »

Ponyfan

I only get one link after I hit share and it doesn't work in anything (see my last post). I wish I could show you a screenshot, but... haha....

I had a look and yeah, I only saw one link after you hit share.  :blink: I poked around with my settings to try to replicate it.

Try this: click on your user icon in Flickr >settings > privacy and permissions >allow other people to share your pictures > select yes
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:46:46 AM by frizzycat »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »
What I have done so far is just download all my albums so I have the photos and have deleted most of my albums.  I am sick of this whole thing.  I have like 24 photos left that seem to still show up on sites. If those start not showing up then I will delete the album and get rid of photobucket.  I have not been using it much for my hosting anyway.  Only a few things are attached to it like gif images for the forums and the like.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
I think most of my stuff is downloaded now. I need to go through and grab any animated gifs I might have missed. But that was seriously awful... I had to disable my adblocker to get the downloader to work and my computer started crawling there was so much popping up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal