collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Bring You More G5 News  (Read 9833 times)

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: I Bring You More G5 News
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2022, 01:04:49 PM »
My quick hot takes: TYT art style is cute, I like it way more than PL and like that every character has a different body shape, I want every single Polly Pocket-like set and will the game be amazing? Probably not. Will I still 100% it? Absolutely.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2022, 08:41:12 PM »
Updated the pics!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
I just want the ponies without the compacts.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2022, 06:13:57 PM »
Those little mini-world polly-pocket-esque sets are super cute!  As a kid I would have looooved those.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2022, 06:22:01 PM »
I got an interesting email
I don't know if this has been posted before so sorry if its already up.

MY LITTLE PONY MUSICAL MANE MELODY PLAYSET 

(Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $41.99/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Make Your Mark at Mane Melody: Maretime Bay's first combo salon/karaoke stage from the My Little Pony: Make Your Mark show. Musical Mane Melody is 2-in-1 playset with pony-activated lights and sounds, containing  On one side is a salon with mane-dryer, closet for storing accessories, and pretend rainbow mirror. Open the other side to discover a karaoke stage with lights and sounds. To activate music, press the "play" button or plug ponies into the stage. Each Hoof to Heart character will activate unique lights and music! Includes 3-inch Sunny Starscout and Princess Petals pony figures, and Sparky Sparkeroni baby dragon figure. Includes 16 fashion and story accessories, including 2 plug-in Cutie Mark charms. Look for Cutie Mark Magic ponies and more to activate different reactions! Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC CRYSTAL KEYCHAINS 
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $5.19/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Collectible figures are 1 inch tall with character-inspired looks and plug-in accessories. Crystal Keychain sets contain 11 pieces and come in a crystal-shaped keychain carrying case that can be connected to a backpack for on the go fun. Plug accessories into the keychain base to create mini scenes for adorable pony pals. Look for Hitch Trailblazer, Izzy Moonbow, Princess Pipp Petals, and other pony friends to create the word of Equestria. Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC COMPACT CREATIONS

(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $15.99/ Available: 8/1/2022)     

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Each Compact Creation set contains over 40 pieces and comes with 2 adorable 1 inch tall figures. Plug accessories and scene-building pieces into the playset to create mini worlds. Some accessories have a fun color-change reveal when you add water! Everything comes in a Cutie Mark-shaped compact case so kids can take their pony scenes on the go. Each Compact Creation set is inspired by a different location in entertainment. Look for Maretime Bay, Bridlewood Forest, and Zephyr Heights to create the word of Equestria. Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC EPIC MINI CRYSTAL BRIGHTHOUSE

(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Epic Mini Crystal Brighthouse contains over 60 pieces including 5 adorable 1 inch tall figures: Sunny Starscout, Zipp Storm, Posey Bloom, Daring Flare, and Maverick Mauve. Plug character-inspired accessories and scene-building tools into the playset to customize the Crystal Brighthouse, then build paper scenes with pop-out buildings inspired by Maretime Bay. Some accessories have a fun color-change reveal when you add water! Everything fits inside the carrying case for on-the-go fun. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

I wonder who the pink unicorn with the star is, and the purple pegasus with what looks like a wing or feather symbol?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2022, 05:47:27 AM »
I love those Pony-Pockets.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2022, 01:58:50 AM »
Promo clip for MLP 2022 Youtube and Netflix series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxHmGwM30Cg

Notice at 4:46 the cast lineup. "Misty" instead of "Zip Storm"..?

Seeing them animated makes it look better than in the earlier stills IMO.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2022, 04:33:51 AM »
I still don't like the art style of the 2D but glad that is only for YouTube
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2022, 06:45:29 AM »
The phrase "a forty year old brand" leaped out of the Youtube window to punch me directly in the face.

It can't REALLY have been forty years, right?  (omg it's been forty years.)

Okay, so the Youtube show will have 5 minute long segments, which makes me feel even more that it's purpose is to replace commercials, because it seems like kids don't watch TV as much as they used to. I agree that they look better in motion. The part with the crab attacking the model gave me Rescue Bots vibes.

I've seen articles saying Zipp's voice in Make Your Mark will be Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.  So is Bahia Watson ("Misty") in Tell Your Tale a renamed Zipp with a different VA, or a new pony?  Interesting!

Also, "Crystal Brighthouse" has to be a playset, right?  God I hope so, I love lighthouses.

Edit: So I went googling around to try to figure out if Make Your Mark had a different set of voice actors than Tell Your Tale, and it seems like the same VAs for both shows.  I also found this clip on Variety's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1498861299421220866

To summarize: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan confirms she's the voice of Zipp and says Hasbro had "the most strict NDA ever".  She also says "there's so much content, there's a Youtube series, there's a proper CGI animated series, there's hour long specials . . ." Which to me implies that she is playing Zipp in all of those.

I've been trying to figure out why Hasbro didn't list her in the "Ignite" segment and all I can come up with is that, since she has a pretty popular Netflix sitcom, Hasbro wants her to be a "surprise" for future hype segments.  (IMO this is also why they didn't show any clips from the 3D show.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:31:18 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2022, 07:54:17 AM »
Nope, still looks awful. The crab is drawn better then they are.   I wonder if Misty was a mistake, or if they're adding a new character, or subtracting Zipp?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2022, 08:24:22 AM »
Nope, still looks awful. The crab is drawn better then they are.   I wonder if Misty was a mistake, or if they're adding a new character, or subtracting Zipp?

Zipp stays. She has the most high profile actor. There was an unnamed blue unicorn shown in the Mini World Maretime Bay set, maybe that's her? Since the sets seem to be characters we have names for so far (at least the small one. Brighthouse maybe a little different).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2022, 09:29:26 AM »

Zipp stays. She has the most high profile actor. There was an unnamed blue unicorn shown in the Mini World Maretime Bay set, maybe that's her? Since the sets seem to be characters we have names for so far (at least the small one. Brighthouse maybe a little different).

Bright House?

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2022, 10:28:14 AM »

Bright House?

Sunny's lighthouse has been revamped is now called Crystal Brighthouse. The new Golden Oaks Library, if you will.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2022, 03:04:55 PM »

Bright House?

Sunny's lighthouse has been revamped is now called Crystal Brighthouse. The new Golden Oaks Library, if you will.

Oh

Offline lowpolyzoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Star Catcher Appreciator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2022, 02:46:03 PM »
Ahhh goodness, I really do not like that 2D art style in motion either but it's not the main show so I don't mind. It's just 5 minute shorts and the mini sets are cute enough to make me look past that the show just looks stilted and awkward.

30 minutes per episode for the main series seems a bit much to swallow, I really liked FiM's serialized and fantasy aspects (not a popular opinion here I think) so I really hope we see more of that alongside the shorts. Also absolutely delighted that Zipp is keeping her movie VA! 500 minutes of animation is a huge amount to, here's hoping it's good! Looking forward for that main series release  :frolic: (I may also want to know what's happened to some of FiM's lose ends, very strange that Ruler of Equestria Twilight is just no longer around and that very few people remember her and her friends)

EDIT: Make your Mark kind of reminds me of G4.5's Pony Life if it was running at the same time as FiM which is welcome I think, I like Pony Life but I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't the 'follow up' to FiM
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 03:17:59 PM by lowpolyzoe »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal