collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunfading Bouquet ?  (Read 509 times)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Sunfading Bouquet ?
« on: June 09, 2017, 06:10:56 AM »
Is Bouquet a pony who is safe to sunfade? I have a Bouquet who has some of those brown marks I believe are caused by mold and on top of that she is just not a nice white but somehwat cloudy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I thought I would ask here before sticking her in the window because I don't want to make her even worse.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfading Bouquet ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:29:46 AM »
The fear is if there's 'cancer' spots and overall brownish discoloration that the whole pony will just continue to burn in the sun... She's one that I have not tried sun fading.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »
That's exactly what I am worried about. As far as I know the issues she has are somewhat common for her so I'm hoping someone here might have some experience with treating those issues.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:05:38 PM »
Creamy-white ponies don't have a good track record with sunfading, though I haven't tried Bouquet specifically, she looks like the same type of plastic as the known-to-burn Starshines are made of.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 03:27:18 AM »
I had a feeling she might be that type of plastic :( The cloudiness also looks like it's deep within the plastic and not on the surface.

Hmm, are there any other ways to whiten or clearing up her plastic? I just very recently read about hydrogen peroxide baths but since she's a Brush 'n Grown I don't see that as an option because of the mechanism inside her. I'm not gonna venture into taking her apart, I'm just gonna ruin her.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:10:21 AM »
I tried sunfading one and nothing happened. I stopped to avoid making the discoloration worse. I had good results sunfading Glory, Moondancer, and Gusty, but their plastic has a different look to it. You may just have to live with the discoloration, sadly! I wasn't that interested in this pony in the first place (she came in a lot), so I sold her in the next lot :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal