collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 77851 times)

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #1095 on: February 24, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
The book covering works really well! I think mine has only rippled because the cardboard hasn't held up well so when I replace it I'll go with a thin sheet of MDF. Squares of glittered paper/cardstock is another option I've considered, but I do wonder if there's glitter wallpaper or house paint out there :wonder: Honestly, I'd make my whole house glitter if I could.. though I don't know what the resident man would make of that lol XD
:fox:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1096 on: February 24, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
There is special glitter than you can add to paint :D But I've also seen people do it with just a ton of craft glitter in mod podge! I haven't quite decided which way to go yet.

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 25, 2016, 10:53:05 PM »
I've got a shoe question for everyone.

I'm trying to find a pair of flats for my Mystic Kids Lillian, who has 5.5cm feet.  I've been eyeing a pair on eBay with a 6.5cm inner, but I'm worried that those might be a little too big, especially since my girl will be wearing them without socks.
I've heard that MK girls have thinner feet than other MSD girls, and that it can be somewhat difficult to find shoes that fit them correctly.  But since I don't have any other MSD girls to compare her to I have no idea how drastic the difference is.

Does anyone here have an MK girl?  What size shoe fits them best? :huh:
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 26, 2016, 07:51:34 PM »
So I bought this cute set for my Pukifee but it's just a little bit to small for her. It would be perfect for a Puki Puki. Anyone know where i could sell it at. I'd only want what I have in it back.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #1099 on: February 26, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »

I'm trying to find a pair of flats for my Mystic Kids Lillian, who has 5.5cm feet.  I've been eyeing a pair on eBay with a 6.5cm inner, but I'm worried that those might be a little too big, especially since my girl will be wearing them without socks.
I've heard that MK girls have thinner feet than other MSD girls, and that it can be somewhat difficult to find shoes that fit them correctly.  But since I don't have any other MSD girls to compare her to I have no idea how drastic the difference is.

This is going to sound slightly ghetto but if the feet are fat enough but the shoe is just to long, I stuff paper into the toes. >_> That way they can't slide down and it at least looks like they fit.

But since they have the same length as MNF my favorite shoe person for them on E-bay has pairs for like $13.50 shipped. They're just flats though. This is the page that has all the shoes that fit MNF, but I'm not sure if they'll fit your girl because I don't know how wide her foot is. :c

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #1100 on: February 27, 2016, 12:41:54 AM »
So I bought this cute set for my Pukifee but it's just a little bit to small for her. It would be perfect for a Puki Puki. Anyone know where i could sell it at. I'd only want what I have in it back.

DoA have a props and miscellany section or you can try BJD Peddlers market on Facebook! Good luck - it's really cute!
Come visit my blog!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 27, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »

DoA have a props and miscellany section or you can try BJD Peddlers market on Facebook! Good luck - it's really cute!

Great thank you. I'll try both.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1102 on: February 27, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »
So this little gal arrived today

Offline SaelaVe

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 27, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

This is going to sound slightly ghetto but if the feet are fat enough but the shoe is just to long, I stuff paper into the toes. >_> That way they can't slide down and it at least looks like they fit.

But since they have the same length as MNF my favorite shoe person for them on E-bay has pairs for like $13.50 shipped. They're just flats though. This is the page that has all the shoes that fit MNF, but I'm not sure if they'll fit your girl because I don't know how wide her foot is. :c

Oh that is too perfect.  That is the exact same recommendation that I got on DoA.
Okay, I'm sold.  Buyin' my girl some Kish flats. :P

Thanks, suppi! :D

Offline suppi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 02, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
No problem! I love their shoes a lot. :heart:

Also I made a thing for my girl. It was super fun to make too~ I plan on making more for my other dolls because it was so fun! (The white fuzzy thing is actually a kitty tail to match her ears. >_>)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 03, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
suppi, you made that harness-thingy too? How lovely! :heart:

My second Unoss got an unmodified Unoss torso yesterday and to celebrate that I gave her new eyes and made her some new underwear:
Kauro (Volks Andolrea Unoss) by uni_inu, on Flickr

Offline suppi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 03, 2016, 12:44:55 AM »
Ah a Unoss, I'm so jealous. ;A;

Though yep! I made everything she's wearing! I have a lot of lace and other things just laying about so I figured why not? It was my first time making something of that nature but I consider it a success!

autieluna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1107 on: March 03, 2016, 03:06:05 AM »
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd say hello after admiring the pics in this thread. Getting into BJDs over the past few weeks. My dream doll is the Raclette along with the additional Paupiette faceplate and I'm really hoping a preorder for them is back open again soon, so I don't regret jumping on my second fave choice now, haha  >_<

So many lovely dolls here!!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2016, 03:38:59 AM »
Ah a Unoss, I'm so jealous. ;A;

Though yep! I made everything she's wearing! I have a lot of lace and other things just laying about so I figured why not? It was my first time making something of that nature but I consider it a success!
Wow, you did fantastic! I love the little star studs and the heart in the middle.

autieluna, welcome to dolly world! You might want to ask Raclette's maker when the next preorder will be, they are very friendly and normally answer quickly.

Offline SaelaVe

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 03, 2016, 01:44:16 PM »

Holy cow, suppi!  That looks incredible! :shocked:

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd say hello after admiring the pics in this thread. Getting into BJDs over the past few weeks. My dream doll is the Raclette along with the additional Paupiette faceplate and I'm really hoping a preorder for them is back open again soon, so I don't regret jumping on my second fave choice now, haha  >_<

So many lovely dolls here!!

Woo!  Welcome to the obsession! :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal