collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72351 times)

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1500 on: February 23, 2024, 11:22:23 AM »
Another complaint of the day: Anette Olzon (ex Nightwish, The Dark Element, Allen&Olzon) released her first single of her new solo album and I was stoked, until I read the lyrics and realised it was christian propaganda.. I loved the music and the way she sang, but I can't deal with religion being pushed on me like that. Someone wrote in a comment to the video it sounded fundamentalistic and I agree.. Feels like Sarah Brightman and her Hymn album allover again :mad:.

I feel that. I cannot fathom why they feel the need to put it in everyone's face.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1501 on: February 23, 2024, 04:23:40 PM »
Another complaint of the day: Anette Olzon (ex Nightwish, The Dark Element, Allen&Olzon) released her first single of her new solo album and I was stoked, until I read the lyrics and realised it was christian propaganda.. I loved the music and the way she sang, but I can't deal with religion being pushed on me like that. Someone wrote in a comment to the video it sounded fundamentalistic and I agree.. Feels like Sarah Brightman and her Hymn album allover again :mad:.

I feel that. I cannot fathom why they feel the need to put it in everyone's face.

You should have been there when I slowly realized Disturbed is a christian band. I enjoyed their music until that point.

Re being pushed, I don't know if I agree. I mean, some of the music I listen too is very anti-religion and I'm fine with it (more than fine actually :P ) and while I personally dislike religious music of any kind, I think the people that like it should be able to listen to it (without getting into the whole, escaping religion entirely discussion). So, like with Disturbed. The Sickness certainly isn't a religious song and that's where they hooked a lot of fans. But their second album definitely has a heavy religious overtone. When I realized, I didn't think, gosh they got me, how dare they. I was more like, well that's a shame, and stropped listening to those songs (I still like some of the early ones). In short, I don't think people who come from a non-religious band and then make religious music, are "pushing it on you", they are just making new music that is religious.

Now, if they start coming to your door asking to buy their album, that's pushing it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 04:33:10 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 23, 2024, 06:18:01 PM »
The seller got back to me and offered a refund if I shipped it back, but I have to pay for postage which will cost me two thirds of the sum so I will only get like 3USD back which is not worth it :huh:. We tried it in the X-box but it required region 2 as well. I will probably put this in my mental "lesson learned and move on" box and see if anyone I know who have a region free player wants the disc. I hate these region things but I think Pokeyonekenobie is right about the money. I will skip give the seller a review though.

Something you can try if you have a laptop that will read discs is changing the region there.  Be warned, you can only change the region a limited number of times (I would google how many times for your particular device) but it can be done.  You just can't keep flipping back and forth (again, no good reason to limit this) so if the region "lands" on a region you don't want it to be on for your last change, it will be there forever.  I do not know how this affects any discs you write with your disc reader later, so it would be good to do research first, just in case.

Edit to add: I wonder if you purchased an external disc drive if you could change that region and just label it as such for any future purchases.  :wonder:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:20:51 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1503 on: February 24, 2024, 01:12:50 AM »
BC People are alowed to believe and listen to what they want, I agree. Multitude of bands I listen to make references to Jesus sometimes in a lyric here and there and I'm okay with it, but when the entire song is about the destruction of the world and everyone who's not a sheep is going to succumb I think it's a bit too much. She even has her son singing a prayer in it.

Pokeyonekenobie I don't have a discreader on my laptop. Thanks for the tip though :).

Today I had planned to colour my hair. But my stock of boxes was empty :(. The cats need more grass as well, but I don't want to go out, as it's plus degrees with slush and ice on the roads.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1504 on: February 24, 2024, 08:48:53 AM »
This isn't trivial, but I don't want to start a new thread. I got a pre-emptive eviction notice today. I have 7 days to clean my apartment or they'll kick me out. They are also going to charge me for replacing the bathroom floor because it has a tiny crack in it by the tub (and I am pretty sure that was there when I moved in!). They stuck a thick letter in my door about my "housekeeping issues". They mentioned the toilet was dirty, the kitchen garbage was overflowing and the litter boxes needed to be cleaned.

One, I admit the tank and outside the bowl are dusty/dirty, but it's hard for me to bend down and clean it. Two, well yeah! You were threatening to fine me $75 for the garbage bags on my porch, I'm not putting more garbage out there. Three, I clean it weekly and do a full clean every month. Again, it's hard for me to bend down, I don't scoop everyday... and she has two boxes so it's not like they get really full in a week or anything.

Ugh. I hate living under a microscope like this. If I had the money I would buy a couple hundred acres of land in Minnesota and build a house right in the middle.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1505 on: February 24, 2024, 10:33:06 AM »
:hug: :hug: :hug: BC

i wish i lived close by. i would come over and help you clean. it makes me angry every time you have to have these inspections. everyone is entitled to privacy in their home.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 24, 2024, 05:24:49 PM »
This isn't trivial, but I don't want to start a new thread. I got a pre-emptive eviction notice today. I have 7 days to clean my apartment or they'll kick me out. They are also going to charge me for replacing the bathroom floor because it has a tiny crack in it by the tub (and I am pretty sure that was there when I moved in!). They stuck a thick letter in my door about my "housekeeping issues". They mentioned the toilet was dirty, the kitchen garbage was overflowing and the litter boxes needed to be cleaned.

One, I admit the tank and outside the bowl are dusty/dirty, but it's hard for me to bend down and clean it. Two, well yeah! You were threatening to fine me $75 for the garbage bags on my porch, I'm not putting more garbage out there. Three, I clean it weekly and do a full clean every month. Again, it's hard for me to bend down, I don't scoop everyday... and she has two boxes so it's not like they get really full in a week or anything.

Ugh. I hate living under a microscope like this. If I had the money I would buy a couple hundred acres of land in Minnesota and build a house right in the middle.
BC What the freak!!! No way should anybody be like this!!! I hope you find a way to contest this!!! Life has been hard enough on you as it is, without extra stress piled on you xxx
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1507 on: February 24, 2024, 06:04:04 PM »
:hug: BC. That really sucks. I don't know what is up with rental people. My sister's landlord is delaying on fixing a plumbing issue in their flat because they want a cheaper quote, even though they won't get one :/

Beldarna, the region thing is frustrating. I am so glad Japan also use R2 because it makes life easier. I do have a multiregion DVD player, which is useful, but my TV's own DVD player is R2. I used to be able to switch the region on my laptop dvd drive but of course, they don't have those anymore...sigh.

Is there no British release of Secret of Nimh? That would be R2. I used to love the Nimh books as a kid. Haven't seen the film in ages though.

My rant for today...petty people in their forties behaving like they're 14. (No offence to any 14 year olds reading).

So as you guys know, yesterday was my birthday. On a site I post on, there is a tradition of celebrating people's birthdays in a particular thread, and people say happy birthday, and that's basically all it is. The last couple of years this has happened with my birthday. But this year...I don't know what they were thinking, tbh. One of my friends wished me happy birthday and suddenly this clique all appeared to post completely irrelevant stuff.

I don't mind people not observing my birthday - there's no reason why they would. But this wasn't like that. It was very obviously not-observing it, done deliberately to provoke a reaction. I am refusing to give them the satisfaction of one, as annoying as it is. I refuse to descend to the level of teenage politics when at least two of the people in the 'clique' are my age.

I know this is a pony collecting site but seriously I come here sometimes just to speak to grown ups. :/

Also, on the manga pronunciation debate, I realised after I made my post that the British and American pronunciation of 'a' in a word is actually different. So I can see how there might be confusion...both in our comparisons of pronunciation and the actual pronunciation given how we normally voice sounds.

I was trying to find a soundbyte clip and instead came up with a bunch of frustrated Japanese speakers trying to explain how Japanese vowels work *lol*. One good tip I did see was that both 'a' sounds in the word manga are exactly the same in Japanese. I agree with this; however you say the last vowel is how you should say the first. It's definitely not an 'o', nor an 'aah', nor an 'ay' but just an 'a'. In British English we have a much shorter a sound, anyway, which is more like the Japanese sound, and easier for me to say than explain xD.

And here is your 2am ted talk from your resident Japanese language geek. You're all welcome :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 24, 2024, 07:58:45 PM »
BC,

:hug: :hug:

That's terrible.    :enraged: :enraged: I hope they give you a chance to clean up before they kick you out.  Is there any way you can appeal?
Getting charged for replacing the floor when it was already broken when you moved in reminds me of when I had to pay a fine in jr high or high school because a book had a page torn when I got it at the beginning of the year.  When it was time to turn in books the teacher said I had damaged the book and had to pay a fine.  I told her that the tear had been there since I got the book, but she said I had to pay it anyway because I didn't report it being torn when I got it. I think it was only $.50 or something, but still...

This is going to be long....

My parents waited all day yesterday for the exterminator to come.  When my mom called 2 weeks ago they sent her an email conformation that they were supposed to come yesterday between 8am and noon.  When lunchtime came and no one had showed, my mom called the company and they said she was on the schedule for the afternoon.  Fast forward to around 4 pm and my mom got an email and call that the exterminator is coming another day.  The home inspector did come though and said he found evidence of mice. He said the exterminators could set some type of traps/bait for the mice.

Last night, my earrings started feeling uncomfortable. I took them out of my ears and was shocked to discover green flakes of oxidized metal on  one of the earring backs.  It also turned one of the earring posts green.   There was even a green spot on my piercing. Needless to say, those backs are in the trash. I kept the earrings, but now I'm wary of using those backs on other pairs.  I looked through my jewelry box and found a different pair that still had the other backs on and put them in.

I wanted to go to the bookstore today but didn't get a chance to. 

I used to light Bath and Body Works candles on the weekends, but I haven't for months.  Part of the reason is because I forget because it seems like my dad is in a big hurry on Friday and Saturday nights to get game night started.  I'm so bored of playing the same games every Friday night.  My dad never wants to play anything different.  The last time we tried a new game I think we played it maybe 3 times before my dad put it out in the garage and said, "nobody likes this game."  He just assumed that. The truth is probably that he didn't like it and because he didn't, he decided that no one else did.

My parents usually give me something for Valentine's.   This year though, my dad decided what to get me and ordered it without me knowing.  It's not that I'm not grateful, but I would have rather picked out something that I wanted instead of what my dad thought I wanted or needed.

Taffeta, I'm sorry that happened to you. :hug: I'll never understand why some people think it's okay to act like that when they're old enough to know better.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1509 on: February 24, 2024, 09:32:41 PM »
You know what else? It was very sneakily done. After the last inspection, it was noted about the crack in the floor (by the way, it's linoleum, old, gross linoleum, not like tile or stone or anything) and one of my burners on the stove wasn't working. So when the maintenance guy came he fixed the burner then went in the bathroom. I asked him why he was in the bathroom and he said he needed to take a picture of the crack. In fact, what he did was take pics of the "evidence" of my lacks housekeeping. They showed them in the letter.

I feel more upset and creepy crawly about that part than anything else. I mean, he basically lied by omission.

Another thing I am worried about is my fish tank. When I was being interviewed to move in, they gave me a copy of the pet policy. It says you're not allowed to have fish. However, when I asked the property manager about it she said they discourage large tanks in front of windows because they had problems in the past, but if I wanted a small one I could have it. Just like she said I could have hamsters and gerbils. I'm afraid that Martha is going to do the inspection and get all uppity about my tank because NO FISH ALLOWED! even though Zenida told me I could have a small one. It was years ago though so I don't know if she'd remember.

I can appeal, but I don't have a lot to back anything up. If my disability was granted, then I'd be fine, because you can't evict a disabled person without a ton of evidence that the unit is in danger or the person/neighbors are in danger. Some dust on a toilet tank certainly is not that.

The only thing I can do is clean like a freak for the next four days. My mom helped to pump me up :lol: I'll make a pot of coffee and down some ibuprofen and tramadol and just get it done. I don't know what to do with my garbage though. The neighbor came and took what was outside today, which I am eternally grateful for.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 25, 2024, 12:31:28 AM »
BC that is terrible. I am so sorry :hug: Is it a thing in America/Florida that landlords can make cleaning inspections like that? And what about keeping the tank empty until the problem is solved? An empty tank with no fish would not do any harm and then get the fishes later?

Taffeta the guy I bought it from wrote me and said he had had every release of this film and he had never seen a region 2 release. But I did miss out an an auction of a Blue Ray in january where the seller wrote it worked in Swedish players so I take his statement with a pinch of salt. There is one out there. I just need to be patient :). I'm trying to get all the movies from Don Bluth that I loved as a child. I have Land before time and An American Tail. But Rock-a-Doodle, All dogs go to heaven and Secret of Nimh are very hard to find. I also like to get An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, but that one is hard as well.

Aslo! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday: :woohoo: :tort:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 25, 2024, 08:16:29 AM »
happy birthday Taffeta! 

BC :  ooooh inspections are the worst.

every night for the past month I have had AWFUL nightmares.  I wake up and feel like I have gotten no sleep.  I can't take medication for it because then I am not functional enough during the day to drive or do my job. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 25, 2024, 07:18:33 PM »
My dad bought a European DVD not realizing that it was European and wouldn't play on US DVD players.  It will play on the portable DVD player, but none of the others.

I finally decided what to spend my Amazon gift card on.  Now I have to figure out how to do it. There used to be a code on e gift cards but now there's just a link in my email that says "click here to redeem."   It was an e gift card from and friend and came directly from Amazon so I know it's not a scam.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 25, 2024, 11:03:10 PM »
Is it a thing in America/Florida that landlords can make cleaning inspections like that?

Apartment/Rental inspections are a thing in the US, and probably other places as well.  (If you own your home, they don't usually do inspections like that unless someone reports your home as a health hazard--think of the show Hoarders--or if you're a Foster parent, since they like to make sure the kids you're fostering are in a good environment, or similar situations.) It makes sense that if you're renting you should not trash the place and if you're in a complex that your mess doesn't attract rodents or insects that your neighbors would also have to deal with. That's why a deposit is usually required for moving in.  It's a cleaning deposit that can be refunded IF they decide that you didn't leave a mess or break anything when you move out.  The last apartment I lived in, I made sure to document everything from the marshmallow smashed on the carpet to the boogers on the walls (yes, the previous tenants were disgusting) especially since we'd been told the apartment had been "professionally" cleaned before we moved in.  I took photos with a time/date stamp on my digital camera, which made them easily accessible to show anyone who needed to see them.  So when my roommates and I asked for the carpet to be cleaned, we had proof that it was already gross when we got there.

That being said, BC, it sounds like they're being super nit-picky and sneaky about how they're doing it. It makes me wonder if they're trying to come up with a reason to evict you so they can charge a new tenant more rent than they can legally raise your current rate to.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 11:11:19 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 26, 2024, 02:46:39 AM »
Wow. That is so weird. I know some small private renters can ask for a months rent in advance, but thats just so they know we can pay. We don't do deposits. Instead, if we move and the home is crap they hire someone to fix it and send us the bill. If we wont/can't pay they turn it over to our goverment bailiff that foreclose our assets. If we don't have stuff expensive enough they go through the tax office and take a percentage of our salary until its paid. We also go on a black record for five years which makes taking loans or move to a new rental almost impossible. Suffice to say, people keep their rented homes in good condition and make sure to pay the bills on time :). A landlord would never enter a home for a cleaning inspection though. That's such an invasion of privacy. Only time would be if there is a smell or some sort of leakage that has spread and even then they need permission to enter.

My complaint today is that I am so silly stupid. I've been worried sick of that phonecall since last tuesday. After talking with John I decided to call the health care center this morning and had a hard time sleeping, waking up several times, having bad dreams, stomach ache.. So I called and two minutes later it was all cleared, it was them. It was about rescheduling the appointment. The person who searched me was not available today but will call me tomorrow. So much anxiety for a two minute easily resolved phone call. Ugh! Why am I like this? :argh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal