collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow High?  (Read 30379 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow High?
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2022, 03:04:37 PM »
Lila is my most wanted RH right now, but I feel like I can't spend the money to buy her due to my tight budget.

I love Junior High Amaya too since she has the platinum hair with the rainbow streaks.  My first RH doll was the deluxe Amaya with the extra hair colors. :D

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2022, 11:56:41 AM »
I found a few new dolls today.  I'm not impressed by the Holiday doll at all. 

I love JH Amaya :lovey:  I just might break my one doll per character rule with her.

I also saw JH River and Bella but I didn't get good pics.

Ponyfan

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2022, 04:03:05 PM »
Oh! Nice finds!

Yea, I don’t understand the Holiday doll either.  She is pretty but that’s a high price for something you can get equally as nice for lower.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2022, 08:42:30 AM »
I have been bravely trying to resist getting into these for a while now, and I am still resisting, although I am fascinated by Natasha and the whole concept of the Shadow High dolls.

YEss...YESSS...come over to the dark side, we have rainbows and greyscale dolls.

Sadly I don't resist and have a ton of boxed dolls I need to open as well as random saves RH from flea markets and yard sales and mercari lots. I reorganized my bratz dolls and made a free shelf for rainbow high and nanana dolls, but sadly I haven't had time to properly organize them to display or I'd take pictures.

Some of the shadow high are on sale here right now, I think a couple of them at my walmart are marked down to $21something. My walmart is a bit weird sometimes on how it prices things. They have one doll, I forget who I think it is Georgia Bloom, they have the discount sticker set at $28 something...well that's not on sale LOL. It's like the worker in charge of this isn't really 'thinking', because if they actually looked they'd know it's more than what the original price was at my walmart.

I can keep an eye out for you if you want since sometimes the discount does make sense. I forget who but I bought right now but I purchased one for like $11 when they actually did discount properly. My walmart kind of has an overstock of the shadow high right now, so potentially I could get one at a really good discount when they put them on sale.

Or anyone else, I can always keep an eye out if folks are looking for particular dolls they can't find or either can't get in their country, etc.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2022, 06:24:21 AM »
It's frankly the PRICE of them that's so terrifying. £30 is a lot of money even when the exchange rate is not in a good shape, and some are even appearing in stores at £46. It's only a little bit more expensive to try and buy one from the US with shipping - if the exchange rate was normal, it would probably be cheaper.

But I found a bunch of unused amazon tokens while I was tidying up. I tend to put them on one side after a holiday, and then they gather up, so...I may have stepped into the dark side juuust a little.

*innocently brushes hair*

You are also a very bad influence on me, Uni :P Although I love you for it too :P

On the holiday doll...it seems a bit plain given the effort put into some of the other releases? I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment much more though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2022, 07:00:43 AM »
... Okay I wasn't interested in Rainbow High before, and I DID spot the Shadow High dolls in person and thought they were interesting. For the Costume Ball ones, I REALLY like the two pale ones (Eliza McFee Fairy and Robin Sterling Spider), and there's a diva one I've seen online that's really nice (Ayesha Sterling)...

But that PRICE?! Jeeze!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:51:49 PM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2022, 09:40:42 AM »

But I found a bunch of unused amazon tokens while I was tidying up. I tend to put them on one side after a holiday, and then they gather up, so...I may have stepped into the dark side juuust a little.

*innocently brushes hair*

Does this mean a Rainbow High doll has made their way in to your home? :D  Was it Lila?

It's hard to stop once you get started.  I said I would only get Amaya at first but less than a week later I wanted Sunny and then there were more RH dolls that joined the first 2.

Nothing about the holiday doll seems special to me.  It looks like they took an ordinary RH doll, took away the extra clothes and accessories and just put her in a box with a special edition label just to make more money.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2022, 11:00:53 AM »
No, it isn't Lila. I can't justify buying a doll whose hair I would feel too guilty to take down from its styling.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2022, 06:05:27 PM »
No, it isn't Lila. I can't justify buying a doll whose hair I would feel too guilty to take down from its styling.

Now I'm very curious.

I've been shopping for the girls I already own.  I don't really want to buy all the dolls.  There are just too many and they are pricey.  But I love the outfits and I've found that while they aren't cheap either... they're still a lot less expensive than buying the dolls.

I also love, love, love the cat motif of the Neon Shadow line.

My favorite line so far is Shadow High. 2nd is Series 3.  3rd is Pacific Coast.  How about everyone else?

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2022, 10:39:37 AM »
I'm going to confess that it's been a stressful few weeks, and I've officially broken.

Finding the Amazon vouchers the other week somehow led to a couple of home invaders knocking at the door and demanding to be brushed and dressed and displayed on my doll shelf. You know how that is.

Then I stumbled by coincidence on a homeless and preloved invader, wearing mismatched shoes and no earrings. She demanded I take her home with me. Well, I thought. What harm could that do? It's cold and rainy outside, so it would be rude to refuse her...

I just happened to be in Smyths this morning and noticed that several of the dolls were on discount.

...And the rest is history.

I am now the proud owner of five Rainbow High dolls.

And I regret nothing.

I would like to ask advice, though...if you have a doll whose hair styling you like but don't want her hair to be stuck full of hair product, what's the best way to go about removing it?? I don't want to completely remove her original styling.

On lines - I'm still unmoved by all of wave 1 and wave 2. I like 2/3 of wave 3 and wave 4. I like a couple of the Shadow High dolls. I've not see the Pacific High ones to comment on them. The neon SH dolls are in galactic levels of price range and so I'm pretending not to see them.

That about sums it up.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 10:41:27 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2022, 12:05:07 PM »

...And the rest is history.

I am now the proud owner of five Rainbow High dolls.

And I regret nothing.

Rainbow High dolls multiply when you're not looking.  ;) 

I found another one of the Rainbow Vision Royal 3 today. 

I just checked my RH dolls and it looks like I have more dolls from Series 3 than the other ones.   :)  I tend to fall in love with a few dolls in each series instead of the whole set.  I still want Lila.

Ponyfan

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2022, 02:45:31 PM »
Congrats Taffeta! 5 at once… that’s… not what I thought you were going to do. 

For hair, I used a little spray bottle with water on Chrystal and gently brushed and rubbed off the glue.  But, it was a long process.  My time probably would have been better spent just washing it and putting the hairstyle back.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2022, 02:57:06 PM »
Congrats Taffeta! 5 at once… that’s… not what I thought you were going to do. 

For hair, I used a little spray bottle with water on Chrystal and gently brushed and rubbed off the glue.  But, it was a long process.  My time probably would have been better spent just washing it and putting the hairstyle back.

In my defence, it wasn't so much 'at once'. It was over a couple of weeks. At least, the vouchers make it seem that way. Not my money, you know *innocent face*.

I am guilty this morning though. I was intending on getting only one.

I'm not really on top of all of their names, but the one I'm dealing with is Delilah, who has quite loose curls. I had some luck getting a damp cloth on the more solid sections, and she looks fine, but I don't really like them having the stuff in in case it ends up cracking in the future. I've seen ponies suffer from that :/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 02:58:44 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2022, 05:00:33 PM »
Has there been any sort of news on this Novi Stars alien doll?

I've managed to resist these for this long, despite thinking they're cute, but I will 100% break down for this girl. I need her lol.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2022, 05:31:38 PM »
Congrats on your 5 RH dolls Taffeta  :cheer:  *sneaks more in to Taffeta's house without Taffeta noticing*

I heard MGA put stuff in the RH dolls hair so it would look good in the box. All of mine are still in their boxes so I can't really help with how to remove the styling product they put in there, but I've heard it can be a difficult task to get it all out.

Edit: I finally saw a few of the Costume Ball dolls.  I didn't get their names

but here are the ones I found at Walmart.

I also found the last Royal 3 Rainbow Vision doll from Seoul Select.

She might be my favorite of the set.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 09:58:15 AM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal