collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Received unfair negative feedback on eBay ~ buyer = geoathc4  (Read 3052 times)

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Received unfair negative feedback on eBay
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »
I do not understand, I bought you ponies and always describe well the state.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: Received unfair negative feedback on eBay
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this.  Your auctions are always so well laid out with accurate, easy to read descriptions.  Ebay is full of nutters lately.  Sorry you got hit by one as well. :(

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Received unfair negative feedback on eBay from geoathc4
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 02:51:56 AM »
Just a little update on this because I don't want fellow sellers getting stung. eBay WON'T amend the feedback. I've been battling with them for a couple of months, mostly out of the principle of the thing TBH. They say that they can't get involved with feedback and it's a buyer's opinion and if they feel it appropriate to leave the feedback then they can. No recourse whatsoever for sellers who state exactly what the flaws are in the descriptions. They even said I needed to state the flaw clearly which I pointed out that I did but then they said I didn't put it in 'item specifics' which is a searchable feature?? What's the point in a description box if you have to put everything in this item specifics thing?? Also I listed some stuff at the weekend and couldn't even find the item specifics thing they were on about. So in the end they told me that any future correspondence from me on this matter would go unanswered because they have made their decision.

So yeah, eBay is a load of rubbish.

Also the entire point of this mini rant is to tell you the name of the buyer: geoathc4

Before I contacted eBay I asked geoathc4 to revise the feedback and even offered a refund if they weren't happy, even though I did nothing wrong and they just ignored my messages so I'd avoid this one if I were you.

Sarah x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Received unfair negative feedback on eBay ~ buyer = geoathc4
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 04:02:00 AM »
UGH! this kind of situation really annoys me. It's definitely not fair of ebay (or your buyer) to leave that feedback  as the flaw really was mentioned in the description. The specifics thing..that  isnt for describing flaws, unless they mean the description thing you can put under the title..but either way the buyer should clearly read the full description before buying :facepalm:
So sorry hun! ebay is loaded with people like this now. I feel like I have to write an essay for each listing and it takes forever if its a used/vintage item like a G1 pony :( . I even got stars dinged on description for a brand new MIB one not long back..for no reason at all as the item actually was perfect and so was the box  :blink: :mad:
Thanks for sharing the ID - I don't want to deal with someone like that who clearly does not read the description and wouldn't even communicate with you or try and work things out  *adds dodgy buyer to blocked list*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 04:12:33 AM »
Sucks doesn't it hun? You do everything right and still get stung by idiots and eBay won't look after sellers, they're all about the buyer. I keep getting surveys from eBay about their service and I make sure I mention they don't look after their sellers in every one.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 07:12:17 AM »
UGH!  So sorry you had to deal with this jerk.  :(  Thanks for the ebay ID.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Thank you for sharing their name! So sorry you have to deal with someone like this! I hate eBay sometimes!!!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
Ebay is  >_<

Can you still write a response to neutral or negative feedback? If so, I would do that so if anyone looks up the incident they will see your response, and I'm sure any real collector would immediately see it wasn't your fault. Pony hugs  :(
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
What a terrible experience!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »
Can you still write a response to neutral or negative feedback? If so, I would do that so if anyone looks up the incident they will see your response, and I'm sure any real collector would immediately see it wasn't your fault. Pony hugs  :(

yes its possible to do a follow up to neg or neutral feedback with a brief explanation. I know this has been going on for a while now but I think you might still be able to do it. worth a try - write something about the flaw being in the description- buyer did not read it.. or flaw was described but offered buyer refund anyway  - something like that ;)  although your regular customers and even new ones who see all the other good feedback shouldn't take notice of what she left anyways.

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 12:39:56 AM »
Yup, I've put a response. Something like 'flaw clearly stated in description and no contact before leaving neg' x

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
Yup, I've put a response. Something like 'flaw clearly stated in description and no contact before leaving neg' x

At least you get the last word :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:55 PM »

:bigups:  :bigups:  :bigups:  Perfect! :)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Wowww.... If eBay's going to take the buyer's side in this despite the clear evidence, their shareholders can go *UNPRINTABLE CONTENT REMOVED*

I know they removed the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback because that had been being abused by scammers (wheeljackslab was a big one, judging by a scammer list thread on a Transformers forum), but I don't think it was the right solution.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal