collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swedish people - shipping from Swe to the US?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
Re: Swedish people - shipping from Swe to the US?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
You can track REK. At least through posten.se :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
HI, sorry if you already got a response , i was too lazy to read through it all =)
Im shipping items to the US regularly and i might be able to help.

You can send a regular package size ( paket utrikes) and you will have a complete tracking from start to end,  allthough it cost quite a bit and might not be the best option for regular ponies etc, i mainly ship plushies so i choose this option by default. hope this helps!

As for REK packages(rek brev), the tracking seems to stop once it leaves sweden (last update is at the "utrikesterminalen")
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:31:36 AM by cyanide »
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:54 AM »
Wait, what - REK isn't traceable outside of Sweden? Are you absolutely sure about that? I've always been under the impression that it was... because the number you get looks the same as other international tracking numbers, doesn't it? Like when you get registered mail from any other country, you can trace it on Posten.se once it's in Sweden - can't you do that on the respective country's postal site once it's within their boarders?

I can't remember the last time someone I sold to abroad actually paid extra for that option, so I wouldn't know who to ask about it...

I am absolutely sure. It depends on the destination country. In this case: US.
To many other countries it *is* trackable though.

Also, note that the cost of rek is different depending on destination country.

cyanide - not even paket mail is trackable to the US... to the US, ems is the only trackable option.

Anyway my item is already safely in the US by now :)

edit to add:

I'm confused that people keep giving me incorrect information. :wacko:
Did posten recently change things? Or is it just that everyone go lost in postens sucky website? (like me)

another edit:

Any information you may have, please can you link to where I can find it on postens website? :)
To be able to ask for tracking at my local posten I need "proof" lol. I mean I can't exactly tell them "oh but someone on a pony forum told me they know tracking is available"...
The closest I can find myself is "Landslista spårbara tjänster" which is under "Faktablad". The information on there is consistent with what the people at posten is telling me, though *they* seem to be very confused too...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:07:03 AM by tootie_tails »
-

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
I would honestly never ask the staff in stores about their services, as their education doesn't seem to go longer than "put stamps on letters". Just today I had to tell a lady there that I must put on a custom label when shipping to Argentina... she was perplexed as if she had never heard about it but agreed after checking it up. This is standard procedure nowadays - quite scary.

I would call posten's customer service with those type of questions, they are actually educated on what they do!

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »
I would honestly never ask the staff in stores about their services, as their education doesn't seem to go longer than "put stamps on letters". Just today I had to tell a lady there that I must put on a custom label when shipping to Argentina... she was perplexed as if she had never heard about it but agreed after checking it up. This is standard procedure nowadays - quite scary.

I would call posten's customer service with those type of questions, they are actually educated on what they do!

Agreed!! :lookround: The same thing happened to me with the package i just recently sent to the US.
Of course this all started when posten made grocery stores and whatnot into shipping spots. Not that their service was perfect before that either but.. lately it has been ridiculous.
I really hope at least the information on the website is correct  ^^;
-

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 03:54:02 AM »
Hehe yes I'm sure the website is correct, but if you can't find what you need on there, just give them a call and have them direct you. I called them all the time at my last job, and they were always very helpful! :)

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 05:43:13 AM »
I will give it another try then. See, last time they directed me to the web site and told me everything was on there.
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal