collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How is adoptable art market doing after AI?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline WingedDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
How is adoptable art market doing after AI?
« on: August 19, 2023, 09:44:28 AM »
I am just checking in. I never cared for adoptable much, but lately, and I remember it being significant to Pony collectors.

Lately, I am bothered by massive AI Art flooding deviantArt first page all the time. Many of them are adoptable.
It is sad, really. Each of these sellers has over 3,000, selling at an insane price of $6.00 buy one, get one free. I remember that 10 years ago, $10.00 for a sketch for skilled artist is considered cheap already.

As an artist, all that AI adoptable are just feel disrespectful to their buyers, even ignoring if their AI steal art data or not. They didn't even generate the frame separately, filled with unintelligible shapes that resemble letters, the character details change between different angle, left ear and right ear never look the same, and they all generate that feathery foxes.

Is there still an strong adoptable market somewhere? Because it is not deviantArt any more.

Offline systemcat

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How is adoptable art market doing after AI?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 10:36:40 AM »
I personally hate AI art since it steals from artists and the bread from their mouths.

I've never been an art adoptable fan but I don't like seeing that trade get butchered by fake art. I've had a very active DA account since 2009. Hit me up with an adoptable request and I'll make it cheap for you. You don't have to pay for it unless you're happy with the result. My professionalism prohibits laziness to work.

( Professional artist since 2000. Currently employed by an online store for it's graphics. )

Offline WingedDragon

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 01:55:36 AM »
I personally hate AI art since it steals from artists and the bread from their mouths.

I've never been an art adoptable fan but I don't like seeing that trade get butchered by fake art. I've had a very active DA account since 2009. Hit me up with an adoptable request and I'll make it cheap for you. You don't have to pay for it unless you're happy with the result. My professionalism prohibits laziness to work.

( Professional artist since 2000. Currently employed by an online store for it's graphics. )

I feel you. Artists are forced to teach the computer to draw, so the computer can steal their job with inferior, yet much cheaper art. People tracing my art at least had made a human decision that my art look good enough to copy. The machine is just, mindlessly processing billions of art. It is sad, really.

I am not looking for an adoptable, though. I just want someone in the adoptable community to tell me what is happening.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 05:20:21 AM »
Most of the artists I've seen are on Twitter and Instagram. DeviantArt is kind of a dumping ground these days. There are plenty of people who are willing to pay for a commission still, and the people who use AI art instead likely didn't respect artists to begin with, so I don't think that they've cut into niche hobbyist commissions so much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal