collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72751 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1485 on: February 20, 2024, 09:07:31 AM »
I feel so gross :( Having this skin disease is horrible :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1486 on: February 20, 2024, 09:31:55 AM »
I had a missed call today from somewhere in the health care sector. No matter who call you within the county it's always the same number so i can't call it back as it will take me to a receptionist that have no way of knowing who in every healtch institutes (centers, hospitals, urgent cares) called me.. Here's hoping they call back tomorrow.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1487 on: February 20, 2024, 09:32:48 AM »
@Ponyfan i think the second manga pronunciation may sound a bit off to an American ear.

@BC i'm sorry :hug: :hug: i hope your skin heals up soon :)

i did get some better sleep last night. my complaint today is i have too many calls and I have to drive to the grocery store and get dogs treats. the store is across town so it's a bit of a trek. i wish they would build one closer.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 20, 2024, 07:00:21 PM »
I agree.  Mane-ga sounds off to me too.

I was going to open Disney + today on the Smart TV, but by the time my mom got done with everything she wanted to do, my dad got up and decided to get on the computer. My mom got really good news today so I was trying really hard not to spoil her day.  I mentioned that I wasn't sure where the dog had gone and everything fell apart.  My mom started looking for her which caused my dad to start looking. I kept telling my mom that I was 99% sure that the dog was still inside the house or the backyard.  Mom decided to walk down the street to look for the dog. I finally found the dog under my parent's bad sound asleep.    My dad was looking in the backyard so I went and told him I found the dog.  I went outside to find my mom and tell her I found the dog, but I didn't see her when I outside.  I tried to call her, but she left her phone on the kitchen table.  My dad started getting worried.  I tried to tell him that I would start walking down the street to find her if he'd stay at the house, but every time I started to set out, he went outside.  A few minutes later my mom finally came back and said she'd walked all the way to a busy street to make sure that the dog didn't get out.  My dad was upset that my mom walked down the street without her phone because he was afraid something might have happened to her when we didn't see her up or down the block.  My mom came in and said I should have texted her, saying it would have come through on her watch.  She was way too far out of range for that to happen.  My dad put a key tracker on the dog's collar. Now she keeps getting the tracker wet when she wants to drink water.

I logged on to Hulu (no problems yay :D) today but couldn't decide what I wanted to watch.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 07:05:19 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 21, 2024, 02:14:57 AM »
I have an online friend who I went to visit back in 2008. I remember her and her boyfriend calling anime anìm (like when you say "him"). It was the weirdest pronunciation and we ended up having a discussion about it.

Todays complaint goes along with what I'm up to today. I hate it when I have to cling to the phone all day, waiting and hoping for a person to call, who probaly wont. My tummy ache of anxiety :(.

I also got the monthly union magazine yesterday which I read this morning and they had an article with interviews with trainattendants who have experienced harrassments and violence from passangers on the job. They also had a list of cases that ended up in court.. It all happened down south and I hope so much it wont ever come here. I think some things are bad but apparently we got it easy :blink:.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1490 on: February 21, 2024, 07:44:18 AM »
I'll jump in... I've always heard it and said it an-eh-may and mon-ga. The mon-ga is even in Japanese Visual Novels, which is where I have learned all my Japanese from :lol:

I feel better today, but my stomach is bothering me. All I ate yesterday was yogurt. How can that upset my stomach? Ugh.

I overwatered my plants and there's water all over my drawer cube.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 21, 2024, 07:52:16 AM »
urgh my skin itchiness problem is so bad. i'm sure it is related to stress, the dry climate, and all the cleaning chemicals I have had to deal with for the past month.

my dermatologist is not a helpful person.  she is only treating me because she is required to accept emergency referrals from the government healthcare system.  most of her clients are there for expensive cosmetic reasons, and she makes no efforts to hide that.   she's always like, "well we could do this (expensive treatment) and see if that helps".  I'm thinking, "I have a serious fear of needles and being in this office near all your machines makes me stress out, no way am I paying you hundreds of dollars to poke at me" 

and I despise that she is one of those gatekeeping health care people who refuses to explain what's going on.  She's like "Oh that's just _____, I'll prescribe this.  don't scratch," and I'm like, "can you tell me why this is happening and what causes it?" and she just ignores me and leaves her nurse to print out my prescription while she rushes off to make Rich B*tches feel pretty.  at least my family doctor and his residents take the time to try to explain something.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1492 on: February 22, 2024, 02:38:34 PM »
This day has just been bad. Bad day. Bad.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 22, 2024, 03:14:38 PM »
We had a 1 hour meeting that went for 2 hours on Tuesday.  Wednesday's meeting got cancelled.  Today's 1 hour meeting went 1 1/2 hours.  We have a meeting tomorrow starting at 1:30 with no end time listed.  I am so sick of meetings I may call out tomorrow.  Why do we need meetings?  Because the people in charge can't make decisions by themselves until they ask the rest of us and then completely disregard all of our input and do it their way anyway. 

I do NOT get paid enough to do their jobs for them.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 23, 2024, 03:46:39 AM »
I finally got my hands on a sercret of Nimh DVD from Tradera and got it today and it's region 1, which means I can't play it on my blueray as we're region 2. Nowhere in the add does it says its region 1 and not on the cover which were the only ones one pictured. There is a small text about it on the disc. I am so dissapointed. I wrote to the seller, but I guess he wont do much. Luckily it wasn't too much but I am so bummed :(.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 23, 2024, 04:41:58 AM »
I finally got my hands on a sercret of Nimh DVD from Tradera and got it today and it's region 1, which means I can't play it on my blueray as we're region 2. Nowhere in the add does it says its region 1 and not on the cover which were the only ones one pictured. There is a small text about it on the disc. I am so dissapointed. I wrote to the seller, but I guess he wont do much. Luckily it wasn't too much but I am so bummed :(.
That's the worst thing about DVDs only being available in some places. I have a portable multi-region DVD solely to play MLP DVDs which are only available in Region 1, like A Very Pony Place & the World's Biggest Tea Party. When will DVD makers realise not everybody who loves certain things lives in North America???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1496 on: February 23, 2024, 06:37:06 AM »
the whole DVD region thing is very weird to me. is it a copyright thing or is it like how i have to buy an adapter to use my hair dryer in Europe?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 23, 2024, 07:23:15 AM »

I had that happen when I ordered one of the seasons of Fruits Basket.  The seller said there was nothing they could do about it, even though their listing said NOTHING about it being region 2 (I'm in America so I needed region 1).  So they got a scathingly bad review on Amazon from me and I posted on the listing that it was Region 2 and not to order it if in the US so nobody else would get stuck with it like I did.  I flagged them as a seller I won't purchase from again.  I also reported the listing as having incorrect information so I hope that I lost them a number of sales.  All they had to do was say, "Send it back and we'll refund you."  That IS something they could do, but they're greedy buggers who don't care about running a good business.

the whole DVD region thing is very weird to me. is it a copyright thing or is it like how i have to buy an adapter to use my hair dryer in Europe?

From what I understand, it's about the companies who make players/discs wanting to make more money.  If I can order a DVD player for $5 from China, why would I pay $75 for one in America? Although, with the internet and sites like Temu is that even a real excuse anymore?  "Song of the South" was not released in America.  But it was released in Europe, in PAL format, not NTSC, so even I bought one, I wouldn't be able to watch it in America without the correct player.  There are some Blu-ray players that you can set to be region free so they play everything, but they're definitely pricier than region locked Blu-ray players. But there is really no good reason for why they can't all be the same.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1498 on: February 23, 2024, 07:45:03 AM »
Man, I just don't feel well :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 23, 2024, 10:16:42 AM »
The seller got back to me and offered a refund if I shipped it back, but I have to pay for postage which will cost me two thirds of the sum so I will only get like 3USD back which is not worth it :huh:. We tried it in the X-box but it required region 2 as well. I will probably put this in my mental "lesson learned and move on" box and see if anyone I know who have a region free player wants the disc. I hate these region things but I think Pokeyonekenobie is right about the money. I will skip give the seller a review though.

Another complaint of the day: Anette Olzon (ex Nightwish, The Dark Element, Allen&Olzon) released her first single of her new solo album and I was stoked, until I read the lyrics and realised it was christian propaganda.. I loved the music and the way she sang, but I can't deal with religion being pushed on me like that. Someone wrote in a comment to the video it sounded fundamentalistic and I agree.. Feels like Sarah Brightman and her Hymn album allover again :mad:.

And none called today either.. It can be one of thousands of people from one of hundreds of healtch care centers and departments of four hospitals who tried to get in touch with me. Had it been important they should have called sooner right? Or left a message?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal