collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50415 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 12:21:38 PM »
Soo.... maybe a large Chrysalis pony and a Chrysalis deluxe equestria girl? I would so get those....

I'd pass on the doll, only because dolls are truly not my thing, which is funny considering I loved Barbie growing up and now I love ponies. :lol: But Chrysalis anything would be wonderful!  Given the past three years, we'll either get a villain or a "fan favorite" background pony as the exclusive is my guess.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 01:13:31 PM »
Probably another version of Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy with a molded mane and some new paint color gimmick :\ I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm highly doubting this, to be honest.  While Hasbro really does love to give us the mane 6 over and over with regular releases, none of them have ever been an SDCC exclusive.  We had :muffin:, Vinyl Scratch and the Mane-iac and Hum-Drum last year.  At the very least, the SDCC exclusives have been somewhat original, so I'd like to give them a little more credit than that.

Yeah- I'm sure it will be something interesting and unusual, even if not everyone likes it (which I'm sure will be the case). I'm sure it won't be a mane-6 although I guess it is possible they could do a Flutterbat or some other fan favorite character variation...

Whatever it is- I hope they have learned their lesson with the be-dazzler! I liked DJ well enough with the light show gimmick, but she was pricey for what she was.  I thought the Mane-iac/Humdrum set was much cooler. 

It was interesting that they also did a SDCC Equestria Girl last year- I'll be curious to see if they do that again, their doll line seems to be selling pretty well these days.  If they do- will it fit in with the pony in some way? Probably right? 

Soo.... maybe a large Chrysalis pony and a Chrysalis deluxe equestria girl? I would so get those....
not to mention DJ PON-3 has been available from the fan favorites and EQG dolls since then, if you add that to the SDCC she really isn't that special anymore. :(
and lets just say I wasn't happy when they made Ditzy into the fan favorites >.<

Mm, hopefully. I have a bad feeling it'll be Flutterbat, since she seems pretty popular with fans, but who knows?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
I hope Funko makes a Smooze figure #drools

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
I actually thought that the Mane-iac with a totally unique mold for the pony and the unique mold for spike- was pretty awesome and creative last year! I hope the design team thinks up something really cool this year too :D
Spike was unique, but I'm pretty sure Mane-iac uses the Design a Pony Luna mold with parts filled in.. I need to ask someone who has both DaP Luna and Mane-iac for comparison.

Could be Discord since he has shown up more frequently in the show as of late.. If they do Chrysalis I will be disappointed for more than one reason... if you guys recall what they did with her in the Celestia mold :|
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
Here's a thought. I know the Power Pony brushables are going to be a target exclusive but what about their Fashion Style counterparts? Are they a confirmed store release/target exclusive as well or could they be for SDCC? They'd be perfect considering the context. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 02:24:25 PM »
Here's a thought. I know the Power Pony brushables are going to be a target exclusive but what about their Fashion Style counterparts? Are they a confirmed store release/target exclusive as well or could they be for SDCC? They'd be perfect considering the context. ^.^
That would be pricey D:
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
Sorry yes i mean tfashion style  Daring do i  have no idea why i siad Funko >< lol sorry  type

but yes for those   of you who havnet see her.   shes   a Fashions tyle yellow and has those weird Vine thingys and tentacles     flowers on her for unknown reason.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »
Sorry yes i mean tfashion style  Daring do i  have no idea why i siad Funko >< lol sorry  type

but yes for those   of you who havnet see her.   shes   a Fashions tyle yellow and has those weird Vine thingys and tentacles     flowers on her for unknown reason.

I think the flowers and vines are a part of the new TRU exclusive line.  imo, their exclusives just keep getting uglier... I thought Ponymania was terrible! :stressed:

I really hope the FS Daring isn't the SDCC exclusive for this year.  Maybe a regular FS version of her would be better, but all that crap painted on her makes me cringe.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
I hope Funko makes a Smooze figure #drools

XD You mean that Lord Smooze that's coming out in the show? Because trying to do G1 smooze would either just be purple goo or a HUGE hunk of plastic. What I would love to see as at CC? The Deer King from the comic series, King Aspen! He's so COOL, think what awesome toys the deer people would make!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
Whatever it is, I hope it's not a boy pony. They are already so rare and highly anticipated, the prices would be through the roof. Ideally I'd like play line boys, but if it's a choice between a super rare and none at all, I'd go for none.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
i was thinking of the fashion style daring do too but  i also think its just a target exclusive for now which hopefully would be easier for me to get hold of then a CC
well im really hoping its not going to be a brushable or fashion style because of price and im in nz  :P

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2015, 12:07:40 AM »
Whatever it is im sure it will have molded plastic hair..... :rant:

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »
Daring Do will be part of the TRU Ponymania so a SDCC exclusive seems unlikely.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2015, 06:59:10 AM »
Whatever it is, I hope it's not a boy pony. They are already so rare and highly anticipated, the prices would be through the roof. Ideally I'd like play line boys, but if it's a choice between a super rare and none at all, I'd go for none.

Look at it this way, they released :muffin: Pony as the exclusive, saw how popular she was and released a playful version.  They did the Mane-iac and now we are getting a whole line of power ponies including a version of Maniac.  Pherhaps if they release a boy FS for the exclusive and see how popular he is, they will then release a playful sized version for general consumption.

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
Dr. Whooves seems like a pretty likely choice, as well as Big Mac, or G4 Luna...hmmm. I've never been to SDCC, but certainly it will be one of the show favorites with that audience. It's nice that they're easy to resell and we get first crack at it this year...  :cool:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal