collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44785 times)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Re: SDCC exclusive
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »
The return of the art ponies would be cool but I doubt it would happen

Meh is most lickely going to be a bedazzled Dr Hooves  :huh:,  or a EQG doll loke  Bom Bom or  Lyra  >_<

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
Please do not be covered in crystals, whatever it is... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2014, 11:30:31 PM »
I feel misunderstood what I meant in my earlier post, I  understand Funko is a separate thing from Hasbro and they use licensed characters as I own almost all mlp funkos besides 3 glitters. Last year Funko had 3 mlp exclusives for sdcc: two glitters and a metallic pop figure. Hasbro also had their own exlcusive figure as well of course. I was just throwing in my guess for both the Hasbro and Funko mlp exclusives :p I really think all the mlp SDCC for this year will be:

Hasbro: Dr Whooves or Octavia related FS

Funko: Shadow/Black full-sized Spitfire and DJ-Pon3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:37:03 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 02:33:37 AM »
When did we get a clue??

The SDCC exclusive will be same pony/ponies/combo as the Fair and there was a clue in one of the Fair posts about it being "figures" - note the plural. The other mention of it being something which would suit all fans was not specific to the release however that has been misread unfortunately.

I did wonder for a while if it could be the rainbow version of the CMC seen as we have not seen what they will actually be released as - you know in keeping with their show performer characters. But $50 for 3 small G4 babies would be robbery :P So I changed my mind and am sticking with the doll & pony [which would also be ridiculously expensive]. Maybe 2 dolls and 2 ponies...what about a double back half Firefly doll & pony, half Rainbow Dash doll & pony...yes now I am just getting carried away :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 03:13:54 AM »
If it's a doll and pony, the only way I think they'd manage to please everyone (everyone actually able to get hold of one, anyway *shakes fist) is if it were a Flash Sentry doll and a brushable, or Big Mac and brushable. But that would require some actual thought on Hasbro's part so....I'm gonna go with a bunch of Pinkie Pies.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 03:16:54 AM »
I'd love for it to be a EqG doll of a certain grey pegasus :) Can't describe how happy that would make me lol XD

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2014, 03:37:27 AM »
Anyone have a guess on the timeframe when Hasbro will announce their SDCC items?  I'm starting to see various companies announce theirs thru Facebook (Mattel, Funko, etc.)  My guess is soon - sometime this month probably.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
I'd love for it to be a EqG doll of a certain grey pegasus :) Can't describe how happy that would make me lol XD

Why on earth do people like her so much? She was already an SDCC/Fair exclusive once and that was more than enough.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »

Why on earth do people like her so much? She was already an SDCC/Fair exclusive once and that was more than enough.

WORD.

I really wish there was some way to know what the exclusive was going to be before the Fair though.  I would have seriously NOT bought the more expensive ticket packages the last few years had I know exactly how lackluster the exclusive would be. I will be LIVID if Hasbro produces another flop this year and I have had to pay $50 for something I can't stand.  I don't collect dolls.  I collect ponies.  Unless they're gray Pegasus ponies, then I don't collect them either.  A gray Pegasus pony doll?  Livid. 

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »
I of course want that grey Pegasus EG doll but NOT as an exclusive.. :/ maybe a TRU exclusive or something. I'm tired of having to track down and overspend just to collect her and I'm sure there's other stuff they could do. I have a great admiration for the older geb fans and wish they could get something cool. I'm not a huge fan of EG either so I don't have any high hopes for liking the exclusive this year.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
Anyone have a guess on the timeframe when Hasbro will announce their SDCC items?  I'm starting to see various companies announce theirs thru Facebook (Mattel, Funko, etc.)  My guess is soon - sometime this month probably.

Hasbro is always late to the party for exclusives, especially ponies. Other than last year, everything has always been found leaked on ebay or Taobao prior to it being announced. If the last 2 years are anything to go by then the very end of May or start of June.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »
I can't imagine :muffin: EQG being the SDCC exclusive  :huh: it would be cool (not exclusive wise) but I can't see it happening >.< might be another Funko :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

Because she's my fave pony. That's like asking why people seem to like Fizzy, or Mimic, or any other pony for that matter.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »

Because she's my fave pony. That's like asking why people seem to like Fizzy, or Mimic, or any other pony for that matter.

Exactly, but to answer your questions Midnight Dream, is because I think a lot of fans find her cute and funny, and like the fact that she is flawed and not perfect. It shows a real element to the show and teaches kids that not everyone I perfect I think. When people say she is offensive I think is silly.

For Sale Wants

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »
I vote Power Ponies. ;P

Can't wait to see what they are either way. :D
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal