collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 44108 times)

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!!!)
« Reply #630 on: December 07, 2014, 08:34:53 PM »
I hate to barge in on this conversation.  :blush: I was just wondering if maybe anyone here can give me any information on BAB Trixie. I am desperately trying to find one for my little girl for Christmas. I drove 2 hours to our nearest BAB and they were all sold out of her. The website is also sold out. I emailed BAB and they said she is retired and will no longer be available. A store clerk however said she should go back in stock after New Years. I am so confused!  :blink: I saw online the uk website still has her... sadly they don't ship here.  :cry:

Wait, what? I was seriously planning on getting a Trixie for Christmas. :( I'm so sad!
That's what I am saying! I am so confused. Zecora is still available so why wouldn't Trixie be? Then I am getting different information from two different people. My little girl wants Trixie so bad and I wanted to get her for her for Christmas. I'm getting desperate. I don't know what else to do to get her for her.  :cry: I live so far away from Build A Bears that I can't afford to take a trip to risk another miss. I wasted $25 in gas going to the last one.

I will look for Trixie when I go to get Celestia on Friday.  If they have her, would you like me to pick her up for you?  Clothing also?

Offline MonsterMania44

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 07, 2014, 10:02:20 PM »
I hate to barge in on this conversation.  :blush: I was just wondering if maybe anyone here can give me any information on BAB Trixie. I am desperately trying to find one for my little girl for Christmas. I drove 2 hours to our nearest BAB and they were all sold out of her. The website is also sold out. I emailed BAB and they said she is retired and will no longer be available. A store clerk however said she should go back in stock after New Years. I am so confused!  :blink: I saw online the uk website still has her... sadly they don't ship here.  :cry:

Wait, what? I was seriously planning on getting a Trixie for Christmas. :( I'm so sad!
That's what I am saying! I am so confused. Zecora is still available so why wouldn't Trixie be? Then I am getting different information from two different people. My little girl wants Trixie so bad and I wanted to get her for her for Christmas. I'm getting desperate. I don't know what else to do to get her for her.  :cry: I live so far away from Build A Bears that I can't afford to take a trip to risk another miss. I wasted $25 in gas going to the last one.

I will look for Trixie when I go to get Celestia on Friday.  If they have her, would you like me to pick her up for you?  Clothing also?

Thank you for the offer! That is very sweet of you. I actually had another arena member kind enough to sell me one in her collection and now I am just awaiting her arrival. I really do appreciate it though.  :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #632 on: December 13, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
Just a small bump - got my Celestia today, and the staff there confirmed there are rumours of Luna being released next year. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 13, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
Picked up my Celestia today! She's lovely, but man, her hair was the most difficult to tame! I wonder if the tinsel was to blame? It looks pretty okay in the hair aside that, and I managed to find one without horrifically mangled wings :D
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Alzatia

« Reply #634 on: December 13, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
She was delayed until Wednesday here at the least. :/

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #635 on: December 13, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »

Thank you for the offer! That is very sweet of you. I actually had another arena member kind enough to sell me one in her collection and now I am just awaiting her arrival. I really do appreciate it though.  :)

Got my Celestia, one for my friend, Rarity for my brother's friend who is coming home from Japan over the holidays, and on of each of the reindeer.  Needless to say, I was at the stuffing machine for a while.

Also, Trixie is available online.  I JUST saw her there today.  Glad you got yours but you may want to let the kind individual know so they can get another if they so wish.

The Doctor

« Reply #636 on: December 13, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
That plushie does absolutely no justice to Celestia's fabulous mane.  But BAB does good quality on the bodies.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:31:56 PM by The Doctor »

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #637 on: December 14, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
I'm glad the member was able to get Trixie and that Celestia is starting to pop up! :)

Pinkie Pie is still available in the physical stores, isn't she? I'm guessing after her long run, she'll probably go at the next new release. (Unless they retire Applejack instead, since she came out at the same time as Trixie.)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #638 on: December 14, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »
My store still had Pinkie, Apple, and Flutter.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 14, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
Picked up Celestia, and an Elsa Bear, on Friday...I didn't have any trouble with Tia's hair...in fact, her's was the most manageable of ALL of my Ponies! xD

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #640 on: December 15, 2014, 05:00:54 PM »
Celestia's and all the ponies are a dissapointment as far as hair length and volume :(

I started selling my BAB ponies ,space and lack of proper storage for these are an issue, prefer to sell them before they get too dusty or show signs of age on them :)
will probably use them as Christmas gifts for my nieces and Sisters :) LOL

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #641 on: December 15, 2014, 07:31:09 PM »
Celestia's and all the ponies are a dissapointment as far as hair length and volume :(

I started selling my BAB ponies ,space and lack of proper storage for these are an issue, prefer to sell them before they get too dusty or show signs of age on them :)

I have to agree. I have been wanting to sell off mine too but have been putting it off because I don't think I will make my money back. Mine don't have the tags and have been gently played with by my daughter but some of the hair is already getting frizzy. Rarity is the worst. I brushed it 2 times and the tail already started getting all fuzzy at the end and Fluttershy has terrible hair too. I think after the holidays when I have some time I am going to sell them off (I only have 4). The only one I would consider getting is Shining Armor depending on what kind of hair he has....or of course Big Mac. Speaking of........I really hope we get some pics of Shining Armor soon!

The Doctor

« Reply #642 on: December 15, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »

I bought the Rainbow Dash one when BAB first started with ponies, and I just do not like the doll hair on them.  There's not enough of it, and it just looks bare.  To say nothing of the little wisp of hair used on the tail. 

Even as a giant Celestia fan I am going to pass on BAB, and hold out for the 4DE plush, which is looking quite nice. 

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »

I have to agree. I have been wanting to sell off mine too but have been putting it off because I don't think I will make my money back. Mine don't have the tags and have been gently played with by my daughter but some of the hair is already getting frizzy. Rarity is the worst. I brushed it 2 times and the tail already started getting all fuzzy at the end and Fluttershy has terrible hair too. I think after the holidays when I have some time I am going to sell them off (I only have 4). The only one I would consider getting is Shining Armor depending on what kind of hair he has....or of course Big Mac. Speaking of........I really hope we get some pics of Shining Armor soon!

If you want to attempt to make close to your money back, try holding onto to them until they're retired or sold out. Build a Bear stuff tends to at least make their price back(or close to it) eventually as long as they aren't irreversibly damaged.
But I agree. I hate that Rarity(My favorite) seemed to be the guinea pig for the shorter more scraggly hair. Her hair is so different from the 3 released before her that it's ridiculous. I think Fluttershy had the best hair out of all of them(Though apparently I'm being told that there are two releases of her and the newer ones had hair similar to Rarity. Shorter and frizzy. I have the first release and her hair is longer and smooth.)\

I really wish they'd at least offer extensions. Apparently they have such little hair now from complaints of tangles from parents. Understandable, but I wish the option was there for people who want it.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
I wonder how easy it would be to make a weft of hair, open up the plush's head, and sew in the new hair? 

Heading out to BAB at lunch.  I need a Celestia for my niece!  I'll check for Trixie while I'm there. 

EDIT: No Trixie, but plenty of Twilight, Fluttershy, AJ, Celestia, Rarity, and Pinkie (I think). 

She's taller and thinner than Rarity.

The hair on this one is quite nice, if thin. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:00:48 PM by Skeen »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal