collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Big box of trouble on ebay: custom fails, bait... **Now with Pics!  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Big box of trouble on ebay: custom fails, bait... **Now with Pics!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 04:37:37 AM »
A gap filling CA glue will also bridge gaps, glue hard plastic, etc.  You can find it at most model/hobby shops.  It is very inexpensive (less than $5), doesn't require any mixing, is mostly cured in less than a minute, and is sandable. http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/insta_cure_plus.html
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »
Oh reeeelly that IS cool thanks Moondancer!

Anypony know the green unicorn's name?
Feeling Flitter, or Fly Wishes.

lostpony

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »
Well since the green unicorn is a real character with no toys then I should not take that away from her and even if I have to strip the paint off I plan to return her to herself then. 

Besides I already have Rarity....but, what would Feeling Flitter/Fly Wishes wear?  Hm....

I'm still hoping to hear how far back this Rarity became Fly Wishes...I want her paint job to last a little better this time.  Any tips on the right kind of paint and preparation to make it last and be tough?  Seems a challenge!

---------------

About that gel superglue:  Unless formulations have changed since the 80s, gel superglue will won't setup on hard plastic without a catalyst and it is very hard to hold pieces together successfully for more than 30 seconds anyway...catalyzed with baking soda is a much stronger cement too: in spite of the old commercials, superglue alone will not really hold up a construction worker!

Edited to add:  The self-curing gap-fill superglue mentioned above IS something new...I don't know a thing about it, maybe it IS good!  Good luck gluing, everypony! 

**oh yes and there IS a superglue dissolver available too, and a catalyzer spritzer that is basically baking soda water, superglue has come a long way since those early commercials.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:13:22 PM by lostpony »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »

Are those official names from the credits or something, or fan names?  I always thought they were all nameless.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
Can't wait to see more!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

lostpony

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »
OK updated with more after pictures and more stuff!!

Sample pic!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »
Congrats on your cool win! :D

-Prize ponies Star Swirl and oh I give up figuring out who the purple rearing pose one with star and streamers is, maybe someone knows?

That's G3 Star Swirl and G3 Star Song, both McDonalds ponies. :) I think her rearing pose is so cute!

Also totally love the rainbow re-hairing job done on the ballet pony. I want a custom MLP like that someday!

Post Merge: May 30, 2016, 04:38:12 PM

Are those official names from the credits or something, or fan names?  I always thought they were all nameless.

I think that must be a fan name(s). I remember when the Unicornia dvd came out and we were all so excited about all the background unicorns and we talked about them a lot on the forum, but then of course Hasbro never made hardly any of them into toys, just the four main character unicorns. If anyone had discovered their names at the time, I'm sure we would have talked about it, but I remember we were all quite mystified. (There was one with a ladybug symbol I really wanted to be a real toy!)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:38:12 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

lostpony

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »
Thanks!  Not all of that came from that one lot though...several auctions, thrift store runs...the things that are from this lot are also in the pre-dry image somewhere above. 

I was completely uncertain what size the clock would be and imagined carrying it around in a coat pocket...hehe not going to happen!

I got more of that hair in the project lot and my friend will be showing me how to use it...it's people costume hair not pony hair, not sure if it will hold up as well...these rehairs came already done and there are one or two more but the hair isn't stable so I need to figure out how to secure (is that re-root?) it before cleaning them up and calling them done.

Star swirl and Star song, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:19:53 PM by lostpony »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2016, 07:37:37 PM »
Is that plastic skirt on the rainbow haired ballerina pony removable?  It looks like G3, Core 7. 

The only reason I mention this is because it amuses me that it fits her.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

lostpony

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2016, 10:18:51 PM »
Yeah I stuck that on her and ended up not taking it off.  She's wearing it in the box of ponies. 

I thought it was G4 fashion style in the ebay pics but it seemed a little different in person so I used it where it fit...she's a ballerina.

G3 core7 you say?  I'm learning all sorts of stuff about my new stuff, thanks so much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal