collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giant 3' G3 plushies - seeking information  (Read 406 times)

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
Giant 3' G3 plushies - seeking information
« on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Been browsing the MLP wiki for fun, fell in love with this big girl: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Giant-kimono.jpg

I get the feeling these are ridiculously rare... anyone want to confirm my suspicions? xD How often do they appear for sale? Never?

I also wouldn't mind a huge Minty: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Jumbo-minty-plush.jpg
But I think maybe she is more sought after, plus Kimono has a leg up on Minty for the sheer fact she's purple! ^_^
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:28:18 PM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Giant 3' G3 plushies - seeking information
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
Kimono is one of the rarest; she was not sold, but raffled; they were available in Australia, and only one was ever supposed to be in the US:  giant Frilly Frocks, a pony points offer.

They show up on occasion; usually they sell for around $125 or so, if I remember right, and they have to be mailed with the stuffing removed.  There are actually *two* sizes, one is a little bigger than the other, and different material, a thicker kind of plush.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:51 AM »
I love love love these plushies, I would drop money for them in a heartbeat! I think they were only available in Australia unfortunately. :(

My favorite is Kimono too, didn't know she was rare though! Must save up extra (in my dreams, lol!).
edit: I think there was a Butterscotch too, or am I mistaken?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:57:19 AM by StarDragon »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »
Yes there is a Butterscotch, I watched an auction a few months ago reach astonishing heights lol.
(if you want to feel exceedingly jealous head on over to this brag: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300057.msg259252.html#msg259252:)

Minty on the other hand is one of the most common I see go on sale. There is the shorter fur style, the plushier fur, and a carnival fakie as well (lower quality). They usually price between $50-$100 but frustratingly since they're most often sold by non-collectors they are almost always unwilling to post or de-stuff.

Your best bet would be to find some Australia collectors willing to help by being a go-between then stalk Australian ebay and Gumtree to find one that comes up for sale close by someone. I wish I could help but I'm unable to make trips to pickup and I've never seen one for sale locally, if I ever find one of these giants local I'll definitely pick it up for an Arena member.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, I wish you luck finding these beauties :)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
Oh wow, that's WAY less than I ever imagined! That's pretty exciting, means I stand a chance! Thanks for the information on where they're from, etc, I'll definitely have to keep an eye out on eBay and what not.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »
Yes, "most" of the big plush price themselves in and around that $125 to $150 area. But shipping, even destuffed, can be scary and I think thats what makes the perception of them being very expensive and high shipping is probably what also keeps the value low as people are not willing to pay high for the item and high for the shipping too.

The 3 of Butterscotch [of whom there is only the one known], Kimono [of whom there is only 3 or 4 I think] and Star Shimmer [who I am not sure if she has even ever been on the open market] are pretty impossible to track down.

The second release - Pinkie and Wysteria - can be tough to track down as - although not as impossible as the aforementioned 3 girls.

The common Minties and RDs are a good place to start if you decide to collect :) Good luck! 

In total there were
Butterscotch - Prototype
Frilly Frocks - US Mail Order
Kimono - Australia Red Rooster Prize
Minty - Australia
Pinkie Pie - Australia
Rainbow Dash - Australia
Star Shimmer - US Starlight Foundation Event
Sweetberry - Australia
Twinkle Twirl - Australia
Wysteria - Pinkie Pie
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »
My understanding was that there was only 2 kimonos ever made?  either way i hug them everyday :-)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »
My understanding was that there was only 2 kimonos ever made?  either way i hug them everyday :-)

That number sounds about right - I have seen "3" in different collection images but I am going to make the safe presumption that one or both of them may have traded hands over time.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal