collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141788 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #735 on: January 27, 2018, 05:23:22 AM »
I did not mean to step on any toes in regards to trades.  I did say "common" euro G1, therefore less expensive, and I did say trade "ponies" plural too, so maybe three 35th ponies may be worth a UK double you have to spare.  But again, this is all moot until we see what the distribution ends up being.  I joked way back in the thread about getting in on some of this ebay action of overpriced retros, but that was just a joke.  I'm not a person to take advantage of another.

I know that, and please don;t be offended by anything said. The frustration isn't with people like you or anyone here who wants to help. It's with the companies and ultimately Hasbro for their disproportionate approach to geographical locations. Ultimately they should see us all as equals and should sell everything globally. But if they are going to call something a regional exclusive, and so we plan to trade for items, it's something of a betrayal when they then say, actually, no, we'll sell it all in this place but not that one. We lose any opportunity we might have had for sharing items like that.

Nothing I said was meant as a slight or criticism against any US ponypeople or Arena people. You are no more responsible for their decision making than we are, and I know there are people we can rely on to help us. It's just really very frustrating being an overseas collector, and this is one of those times.

I realised that I want to see ponies in the stores here. I didn't buy the 25th anniversary ponies because as far as I was aware they never came here, and I certainly never saw them in stores. It's not the same magic if it has to be all imports. And someone earlier in the thread mentioned how it would be nice for the kids. Well, why are European (or for that matter, any other place)'s kids less deserving of having choice?

It's a much bigger fundamental problem, but ponies are for everyone, and they should ALL be available wherever G1 was loved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 27, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »
I do not begrudge US people getting stuff. It just makes me mad how it is always this way. Ultimately geographical location is more important than the loyalty of the fanbase even though Europe kept mlp going longer in g1 and g3.

Same. Allthough I have to say I think it's funny now that G2 is getting more popular with US collectors we have our own troubles finding the sought after G2s because US collectors buy them for crazy prices (I would never buy Waterlily or Puff for 40$).

I would always trade for well loved G2s. I get them off ebay and try to restore them so other collectors can enjoy them.

Just got an email from the toy manufacturer:

We appreciate her business and that while Rainbow Ponies are currently a European market exclusive, they are being made available to North American retailers as well. We do not have any confirmed retailer interest at this time, but hope to get them into some US stores later this year.

I fixed the capitalization in their email, but not the grammar ;)

:hifive: :green: :hearts:

OMG so its definite, they are coming to EUROPE :D :D :D

Would you drop me a PM in case you find them in the wild? I think the only store who would order them in Germany would be ToysRUs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:28:58 AM by Zapper »

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 27, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »
Zapper, please excuse my curiosity, but what makes you think that Spain would get the ponies sooner than German? You have some pretty swell toys there, and it wouldn't surprise me if German got the re-releases and not Spain.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 27, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
Same thing happened with Mexican Jem dolls. For some weird reason they were extensively sold in the UK and they are quirky so I got collecting them. They were cheap because people called them fakies. Then a few high status collectors from across the pond started to become interested and they started selling for $100 apiece.

I sometimes wonder if it fair for people to pay international collector prices in their own country for a native pony because of international demand too. I mean MountainBoys were sold here but collectors in the UK have to pay high prices for ponies sold in their stores due to international demand...and also have to pay high prices for the US ponies from mail orders we never had and store sold ponies who were global but for some reason cost more (ie Red Roses).

Globalised market is often good but sometimes harsh :/ There isn't really a solution either...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 27, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
Zapper, please excuse my curiosity, but what makes you think that Spain would get the ponies sooner than German? You have some pretty swell toys there, and it wouldn't surprise me if German got the re-releases and not Spain.

I've already explained that? It was a joke based on Mattel's "European market exclusives" which translated to "England and Spain".

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 27, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
I think it's interesting that the packages we've seen are in English and French. It makes me wonder if there'll be another packaging style in German and Spanish (for example) or if they're going to just not bother and be rude to other countries by making them forced to deal with English and French.

I also noted that they've also not put the original French names on the packages.

They're doing well for international relations so far in this xD as someone pointed out, no French on the collector set of (5?).  I really wonder how they're going to handle this...

Not that I'm really complaining, I just think it's interesting because I was expecting something more on the lines of the G3 packaging with several languages...and that isn't what we've seen.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #741 on: January 27, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »
The packaging of the French Strawberry Shortcake has the packaging entirely in French, using her French name (Charlotte Aux Fraises) so perhaps they do packaging 'country by country.'  (French + English could be for Canada?)  Which would be a cleaner, 'classier' look for a product like this.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 27, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »
The packaging of the French Strawberry Shortcake has the packaging entirely in French, using her French name (Charlotte Aux Fraises) so perhaps they do packaging 'country by country.'  (French + English could be for Canada?)  Which would be a cleaner, 'classier' look for a product like this.

Canadian french packaging used to say Ma Petite Pouliche. These say Mon Petit Poney, which is French as in France (also Belgium, possibly Switzerland...? I don't know what language packaging is dominant there).  So I'd hazard a guess that's targeted at France and Belgium, not Canada. I know Belgian packaging should be in two languages but I also know the Netherlands got stuff in English packaging so who knows what the Benelux countries will do. Oh, I guess these would also be for Luxembourg. Sorry Luxembourg ;)

Besides, we know France are getting them because of the magazine article you had the image from. I'm not sure whether anyone's even found the Collector pony set in Canada yet, and although there's been talk about the US, there's been no information about Rainbow Ponies in Canada. The images are also from a Swedish (thus EU) website. Seems pretty clear that's intended for European release.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:05:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 27, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
No retro ponies in Canada yet. I’ve contacted Indigo a few times but my local store knows nothing about them. They contacted their company supplier for me, but they also knew nothing about the ponies. Bridge Direct has said it’ll be the spring when the collector ponies are supposed to arrive here in Canada.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 27, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »
I now have 5 out of the 6 35th anniversary ponies  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: The 1stTarget I checked had the shelf label but no ponies. The 2nd Target  had 3 left. I think this is still part of the first set because the ponies I bought before (Minty and Butterscotch) were still missing as well as Blossom. Now I only need Blossom. I also ended up buying the retro Share Bear Care Bear with the soda symbol.

I do hope we all see Rainbow ponies also. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:07:11 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
I now have 5 out of the 6 35th anniversary ponies  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
 Now I only need Blossom. I also ended up buying the retro Share Bear Care Bear with the soda symbol.

Yaay!  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
I now have 5 out of the 6 35th anniversary ponies  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: The 1stTarget I checked had the shelf label but no ponies. The 2nd Target  had 3 left. I think this is still part of the first set because the ponies I bought before (Minty and Butterscotch) were still missing as well as Blossom. Now I only need Blossom. I also ended up buying the retro Share Bear Care Bear with the soda symbol.

I do hope we all see Rainbow ponies also. :)

Ponyfan

Only if we all see collector ponies too. It needs to be everything for everyone everywhere.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #747 on: January 27, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »
For the record, I would never be against picking up ponies for someone and shipping them overseas. I just know it would cost you a small fortune in shipping.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 27, 2018, 05:28:10 PM »
Ive yet to find them :(

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #749 on: January 27, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »
I've already gotten mine, but the Target I just went to had the tag but no ponies. Just SS dolls where the ponies should have been.
I'd like to see them on the shelf at least.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal