collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which Ponies Would You Upgrade?  (Read 3005 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Which Ponies Would You Upgrade?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
It's good to see I am not alone in hoarding imperfect ponies even after getting a better one.  I love them perfect, I love them ruined, and I'm having a hard time with trades:  i just can't do it even when it makes sense.

Jorgito93 have you tried a curling iron with conditioner on that frizzy Masquerade hair?  Use the lowest heat setting...

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
When I get a new pony that's completely new to me, like I don't have her already, I put her on display regardless of her condition. Then if I happen to come across the exact same pony in a better condition, I take the old one off of my display shelf and put the new one in her place.

I have yet to really get rid of these ponies who aren't in as good of a condition, I have them sitting in a box. I will probably get rid of them at some point, as it doesn't feel quite right having these things put away with no intention to take them out, when someone else could have them instead and maybe they'd actually display them.

For a couple examples, I got a Heart Throb at the Goodwill mixed in with some other ponies. But the poor little thing has what seems to be bite marks in her head! I assume a dog in a previous house she was in got its paws on her at some point. I had her on display for a little bit, more toward the back so her wounds weren't super noticeable. Eventually I happened upon another Heart Throb at an antique mall who was in a much better condition, and put the old Heart Throb away so the new one's taken her spot.

Another example is I have two of the 25th anniversary releases of Butterscotch. The first one I got had some visible marker spots on her, and I had her on display for years. Then just late last month (or early this month?) I found another at Value Village who didn't have any marks on her, and she's now taken the other one's spot on my shelf.

I don't know if I'd ever intentionally seek out ponies in better condition to ones I own, but if I happen to come across a pony that's a double of one I own and is in a better condition, I do get it and put it on display instead.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:06:43 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »
None. I don't do "upgrades", if I buy a pony then that's it :) I buy 'em in the condition I like, if they're not available in that condition then I wait to buy. Only exceptions I can think of is if I somehow end up with two of the same pony, I do usually compare them to see which is in better condition, but even then if I've had the first one longer then I'm more likely to keep that - I'm a sentimental sort, haha.

I'm the same way.  I do understand why people buy ponies in poor condition (to customize and/or restore) but I buy ponies in the condition as I want them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:57:39 PM by Majesty »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:04 AM »

Jorgito93 have you tried a curling iron with conditioner on that frizzy Masquerade hair?  Use the lowest heat setting...
I need to try to fix that again since i'm much better at cleaning ponies than i was when i first tried but i don't have a curling iron .

lostpony

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 01:11:15 AM »
Jorgito93, at some point I plan to go back through my first attempts to work on the frizz some more...I've gotten better too.

Make sure to get a curling iron that has adjustable temperature settings.  If you don't have one with low temp settings, you can use liquid laundry soap to control the temperature.  There's a good instructional video on Youtube done by our very own WingsofMasquerade:  https://youtu.be/680nv2_tBrI

Good luck!

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 03:11:53 AM »
Whenever I find an upgrade my previous pony gets sold. I only keep my childhood ponies even when I find upgrades for them. I did accidently sold one and I feel still guilty for that. But with new ponies I buy I don't get sentimental and just keep the best looking. Unless they are variants ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal