collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scented G1 ponies  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
Re: Scented G1 ponies
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 05:59:11 AM »
 :lol: lol- that's the opposite of me Taffeta! I really didn't like the Perfume Puff smells (and the Perfume Puff Palace atomiser-thingy), but I really liked the others, including Chocolate Chip! Though she didn't smell as good as Lemon Treats, who, if I was any younger at the time, I would have probably tried to eat!!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:36 AM »
I want to make a case for Chocolate Chip (aka Coco Berry in the US) being classified as a toxic entity highly dangerous for anyone who inhales her scent. It is horrible. So sickly and sweet. I swear, I almost left her at the carboot sale because of it - but I couldn't. I since got the German release one with the purple hair, too - and she's the same. It's horrrible. Really horrible.

(I also have very sensitive sense of smell, though, which may add to it).

Cherry Treats from my childhood still smells, she always smelled very strong and sickly. Maybe glace cherries rather than cherries proper? My Dad called her stink bomb. I wasn't allowed any other scented ponies as a kid after her because she stank so much xD. Many of my childhood ponies have a lingering aura of Cherry Treats about them, even now! But I could put up with her sickly sweet. Chocolate Chip is another entity completely.

The only one of the sweet scented ponies who I still have scented that I like is Sorbet Surprise (aka Sherbet). She smells not a lot like grapes, but I like her smell all the same.

I love the Perfume Puff ponies' scents, though. They all smell so flowery. Except one of them, I forget which, smells like washing powder. Maybe it's Sweet Suds. I guess that would make sense...

@Daisyd - well, over here Molasses was (mostly) called Gingerbread. Her symbol is a gingerbread man, too, so that makes sense.

Yeah, I used to not have a 'bloodhound' nose, but had a bad pesticide exposure two years ago that left me with a mild form of MCS  (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity).. I'm getting better but, still have it, and am wondering if I will ever be back to "normal." I'm really surprised the SSC dolls don't make me sick, it says on their cards and boxes their scents are "non toxic" so I betcha they used some really good stuff! -- Have you ever smelled or had any of the Candy Cane ponies? What do they smell like?

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 06:15:45 AM »
Have you ever smelled or had any of the Candy Cane ponies? What do they smell like?

As i said up there, Caramel Crunch was my favourite. Such a strong caramel scent!
And  The one with mint also really smelled strongly of mint.
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:26:54 AM »
Have you ever smelled or had any of the Candy Cane ponies? What do they smell like?

I have all of them, but I'm not sure if they all still smell. Some are confined to a carry case at the bottom of my cupboard because they're smelly. They're with the Rainbow Curls, though. God only knows how badly they smell now. My Sugar Sweet is trapped in her box, so that's a great filter xD.

My Mint Dreams smells of toothpaste and lavender. It's somewhere between the two. It's not lavendery enough to be really called that, but it's what you'd get if you put lavender in a toothpaste mix and sold it. I dunno if that's her original smell or not, though.

My Lemon Treats...I can't remember if she smells or not, still. If so, it's probably only light.

I remember Sugar Apple being quite sickly sweet. Not in Chocolate Chip's range, but pretty nauseating. I'm not sure about Caramel Crunch. I think she was a bit better. And Gingerbread/Molasses smells kinda gingery, as Daisyd said.

...Did I miss anyone?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 07:05:26 AM »
My coco berry still smells she smells like powder and sugar...like a perfumey sweet.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
Does ice cream really have a scent?  I've never smelled anything from ice cream.  Am I the only one?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »

I have all of them, but I'm not sure if they all still smell. Some are confined to a carry case at the bottom of my cupboard because they're smelly. They're with the Rainbow Curls, though. God only knows how badly they smell now. My Sugar Sweet is trapped in her box, so that's a great filter xD.

My Mint Dreams smells of toothpaste and lavender. It's somewhere between the two. It's not lavendery enough to be really called that, but it's what you'd get if you put lavender in a toothpaste mix and sold it. I dunno if that's her original smell or not, though.

My Lemon Treats...I can't remember if she smells or not, still. If so, it's probably only light.

I remember Sugar Apple being quite sickly sweet. Not in Chocolate Chip's range, but pretty nauseating. I'm not sure about Caramel Crunch. I think she was a bit better. And Gingerbread/Molasses smells kinda gingery, as Daisyd said.

...Did I miss anyone?

I couldn't tell ya if you missed anyone...That's one set of ponies that I'm not sure of their names!  :blush: ^.^
Would you say they smelled like the vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls in terms in strength and smell? (if you are familiar with SSC, I'm opening this question up to others to share their thoughts!)

I'm just leery of getting one or two that still smell and then not being able to enjoy them!  >_<

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »
I didn't even know there were so many scented G1s! I knew the Sundae Best ponies were scented as I have Cocoberry (love her scent!  :P). Despite the clue in the name I didn't know the perfume puffs were scented! My Red Roses and my Boysenberry Pie have lost their scents :(

Were any other sets/ponies scented too? Not G1 but I adore coconut scented G3s.  ^.^
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »
oops double post.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:11:10 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »
I had a peppermint crunch...it's really, really, really hard to describe the scent, I mean, it wasn't entirely 'peppermint' but there was like some vanilla-ly hint to it that wasn't entirely natural, but DANG if it didn't smell awesome. I'm trying to think of something else that smelled similar and I'm drawing a blank, but there was something else I had that smelled really similar. I might be thinking of 'sugar sweet' actually, I remember caramel crunch was like...sugar drenched popcorn or something.

I mean, obviously nothing about these smells was natural but dang, if Hasbro didn't do an awesome job of making them memorable...

I always confuse 'cherry treats' scent with cranberries as...well I swear her scent was closer to cranberry than cherry.

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 12:55:33 PM »

@Daisyd - well, over here Molasses was (mostly) called Gingerbread. Her symbol is a gingerbread man, too, so that makes sense.

Of course....I had forgotten about that.

I always had this thing about not having two ponies use the same name. No idea why, I just didn't, so if there was an alternative name for one of the two, I would use that instead. When I found out that Molasses was the US name, I used that so I didn't have two Gingerbreads  :biggrin:
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
Were any other sets/ponies scented too? Not G1 but I adore coconut scented G3s.  ^.^

I belive there were a short line of G3s that were scented like best friend ponies :   
    Butter Pop
    Chocolate Chipper
    Paradise Island
    Party Cake
    Pretty Pop
    Soda Float
    Strawberry Surprise

and I have them all :D

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Ah yes. The Tangerine whatever her name is G3's scent still haunts my other cupboard, even now.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) all my Peppermint Crunch has ever smelt of is the cigarette smoke of her original home :( I think Sorbet Surprise/Sherbet's smell may just be coconutty. I knew it reminded me of something.

I am not familiar with SSC, Sweet Stuff - so can't help you there. Someone else maybe can though?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

I couldn't tell ya if you missed anyone...That's one set of ponies that I'm not sure of their names!  :blush: ^.^
Would you say they smelled like the vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls in terms in strength and smell? (if you are familiar with SSC, I'm opening this question up to others to share their thoughts!)

Can't believe I missed this initially *chuckles* I actually collect SSC dolls, too...and their smells are quite different, as well the strength is MUCH MORE powerful. I mean, buy a couple of the mini's, you'll see what I mean, 30 years later they STILL smell just as strong. Even ones that've been heavily played with, it's insane. Kenner actually 'baked' the scent into the plastic, or mixed it in with it rather, which is why their dolls and miniatures retain so much of their smell now. I'm not sure why they're so different but I've not had any SSC dolls that remind me of the vintage pony scents.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:09:05 PM by Big_Brother_Bufftusk »

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »
My strawberry surprise (sweet berry pony) smells just like a strawberry shortcake doll!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal