collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn't pay?  (Read 2880 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn't pay?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
Agh, I keep finding this has happened when I go and look at Blind Bags.
It's really annoying, since of course if people are really keen on blindbags and are after a specific pony there is a code, at least I haven't found anyone whose made off with the pony and left a bag behind.

It annoys me as I've seen people do this with food as well, like open a bag of something take a pack out and then leave it.
You do not get to open things if you haven't paid for it. Simple.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn\'t pay?
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 06:37:06 AM »
I notice people do that too, its annoying! I dont think people know about the codes or its probably little  kids opening them. Its not just MLP, its the LPS and Angry Birds too, most stores. :(

Post Merge: August 18, 2013, 06:41:24 AM

At my store we just tape the bags back up if they're opened. It's not just ponies, it's everything that has a bag...or ball. We've had these things called Heroics/Zerbos which are balls with a tiny superhero figure in them. I find the opened balls and toys strewn ALL over the toy aisle. Apparently we used to have tiny buildable erasers in blindbags as well, and my boyfriend says they were ALWAYS ripped out and had their pieces strewn everywhere.

Ah same here with those little balls!!!!  xD I find them opened all over the place, little pieces all over the shelf, under the shelves, or hidden behind the hotwheel playset boxes!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:41:50 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Eaglefeather

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »
The person probably wanted to know what pony was in the bag before buying it. That's the thing about blind bags- unless you have the codes with you, it's difficult to know which pony is inside. Most people don't want to pay for the entire box too.

But definitely, that is pretty annoying when people open them and don't buy them (although it has helped me on some occasions!). It's even worse though, when they're strewn around everywhere.

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:47 AM »
This doesn't surprise me. People rip open the packages with our flower girl dresses in our bridal section, despite there being a photo of the dress on the box. It's in a cheap plastic box, it's a fluffy floofy tulle dress, and it does NOT go back into the box. My dept head eventually just put one on a hanger and it looks awful there, doesn't fit on the layout, but at least people aren't ripping them open as often yes they still do.

People open stuff all the time even when they can clearly see what it looks like. It's annoying. So this doesn't surprise me in THE SLIGHTEST.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »
I remember back when the first wave was still out, I had gotten most of the ones I wanted, but there was still one lonely Sweetie Swirl in the bottom of the box. I saw her every time I came back to that Wal Mart, and eventually I felt so sorry for her that I just ended up buying her.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
I hate people who do that!  My local stores always have opened bags--some with ponies still in there, others stolen--and because of that when I lurk in the BB aisle rummaging and checking codes on my phone, I get ugly looks from employees.  They probably think I'm a thief/vandal, too!  :/
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
Off topic, but when you said Comet Tail my first reaction was "there's another G3 to G4 blind bag and I haven't gotten her yet!". Then I looked on Strawberry Reef and realized it was a totally different Comet Tail.

On topic, I think maybe buying stuff blindly isn't the easiest thing to get people to do in this economy right about now.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
Here, you can buy a three-toy pack (e.g. Rainbow Dash and Gilda and a Wonderbolt) for $8. Or you can buy the exact same number of toys, but blindly, without knowing which ones you'll be getting, for $10.5. I can see how that could inspire some bag-opening.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
See I cant see how it would inspire opening and/or stealing...especially when a quick google search will turn you up the codes from the bags. Plus the very nature of a "blind bag" is that you are supposed to take a pot shot on who you will get.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

diamondshy

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
I must also be in a place that has very considerate pony buyers.  I've never seen open BBs in any of the several places around here that sell them, but I have seen a few at a TRU the next state over.  I just brought them up to the front and handed them to a cashier so the loose ponies wouldn't get stolen by someone less scrupulous.

At my old bookstore, we had a collectibles section and some were packaged blindly.  I'd find those little boxes open all the time, and what was most infuriating was that the "toys" were double packaged, so even with the open box you couldn't tell what it was through the opaque silver baggie inside.  Didn't stop people from constantly trying though.  Drove me absolutely bonkers.

At least they were never stolen and hardly ever had the bags open too, but still.   :huh:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 01:52:21 PM »
especially when a quick google search will turn you up the codes from the bags.
Sure, if you have some way of searching google while in the middle of a store, and if you know there are codes at all. If I go into a store and see something packaged like that, designed to be random, my first assumption isn't going to be that the bag is marked with a way of identifying its contents.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 01:56:49 PM »
No but I am also sure your next assumption is not to then open the bag to see what's inside.

Also I think part of the issue here is not so much the open bags so much as the opened bags and the ponies then being "missing".

Fair enough not everyone knows that there is codes but most people collecting them will know and even if you dont I dont understand why the next move is to open a sealed "blind bag" package. Maybe its just me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 02:04:13 PM »
See I cant see how it would inspire opening and/or stealing...especially when a quick google search will turn you up the codes from the bags. Plus the very nature of a "blind bag" is that you are supposed to take a pot shot on who you will get.
Exactly. If I see people looking at bags (or who comment on my necklace), I tell them about the codes and offer to let them use my phone. I've made some friends like that, and gotten quite a few smiles! :D Including a little girl who wanted a Rainbow Dash for her big brother.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
I think it's stealing too.  Stealing the surprise.

So many people think that they are the exception to the rules. 

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
Here, you can buy a three-toy pack (e.g. Rainbow Dash and Gilda and a Wonderbolt) for $8. Or you can buy the exact same number of toys, but blindly, without knowing which ones you'll be getting, for $10.5. I can see how that could inspire some bag-opening.
Then you'd be better off buying the threepack. :) And if you want one that's only in the blind bags, well, that's the price of them. Unless I should also be able to demand the TRU favorites set for the cost of six blind bags?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal