collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you or Wouldnt you?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Would you or Wouldnt you?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »
For me it's all about nostalgia and how I like the colors/design :) I've never really been much for only exclusiveness when it comes to ponies (Dolls are a diffrent story XD )
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
Price doesn't matter to me, I like a pony based on her looks, personality (from the show or backcards), or because she's a favourite pony from childhood.

Sadly though, I have expensive tastes and a lot of the ponies I want are on the higher price end.  :P

Elf

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
I wouldn't buy a status ponie that I didn't like right away. I think mimic is stunning, along with diamond dreams and love the colours on many of the mountain boys. At first I wasn't too fond of goldilocks and repunzel because of the bink with yellow hair combo. It is one of my least favourite combos at the moment. I do however looove punzie's hair!!! That being said I would buy the expensive ones I like and would pass on the others unless they were a good deal. If i detested a certain 'popular' pony then i would not buy it. I would keep it if the pony was given to me though : ) Neat thread...I like it...I like it a lot lol.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »
Even if price wasn't a factor I'd still collect my grails.  I like my ponies because they are unique not because of their prices.  If prices didn't matter collecting them would be so much easier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
My favourite pony of all time is Lemon Drop, followed closely by my dearest childhood pony Player. So-called status ponies are no match for them in terms of emotional value. I didn't know many of them even existed before I started collecting and looking for information and there are several I don't care much for, like the Mountain Boys or Punzie... I do confess I wouldn't be chivalrous enough to simply walk away if I got a chance to buy them dirt cheap though! I'd rather PROFIT and use the money for a truckload of ponies I really want :devious:

Mimic is another story. I wouldn't pay the current market price for her, but if I somehow got her, I'd definitely keep her since her colour combination is simply outrageous. Also, even though she's a very different pony, I have adored Crumpet ever since I saw her for the first time - she ended up developing a personality of her own and I had to adopt one. Still it boils down to something else than status value.

Offline Summerlycoris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 03:35:16 AM »
Price doesn't tend to matter much for me. My favourite ponies aren't really expensive, just ones I like. I do have a few more expensive ones ( two comic-con ponies) from when I was a kid, but I liked how they looked too. These days, I would probably pass over a really expensive pony like Mimic or Repunzel  to get more that I prefer.

Thanks to Shenanigans and Princess Starburst for this awesome signature and to sunnyrain for my avatar. And my Newbie Swap list is here.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:30 AM »
Would you or wouldn't you still love a pony IF they were not expensive in value like mimic or rapunzel?

For me, loving a pony never had anything to do with its value. Most of my all-time-favourites are commons. Sure it's cool to be able to show off expensive and super rare ponies.. but that has nothing to do with love. :heart:  Variants can be super interesting, and Rapunzel is drop dead gorgeous, but a hideous pony is hideous whether it's worth a fortune or not. Though of course, there are no such things as hideous ponies...  ^.^

This exactly. There's no point me trying to explain how I'd feel when it was perfectly put here ;)

Mimic and Rapunzel aren't the best examples for me as both were gifts from my husband so I love them dearly for that reason. However, I'm one of those collectors who has to have one of every G1 so I will get that pony no matter how much s/he is to complete my collection. I love them all but often do have preferences for the more common inexpensive ponies (Applejack and Skydancer). There's always the wow factor of owning a rare pony, but it's the rarity and the 'OMG I have her' thing rather than the cost. And for me it's not about a status symbol, it's about how I feel about the pony myself, rather than wanting to impress others with it. For example, I adore my Reverse Gusty because she's stunning not because of her worth but I do enjoy the fact that she's very rare :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »
I have a couple extreeemely pricey nirvana ponies. It's not because of their price, I wish they were all hated and I could have an army. It's specifically because I love the way they look, and I was lucky enough to have the money at the time.

But also for me, I'd rather have 1 pony I love that might cost $10... then 10 ponies I didn't love that were $1 each. It's not to say I don't love $1 ponies-- I do. It's just strictly about what I like, and I don't want tons I don't like. So my collection is all above love, regardless of price. And I do keep it small.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:19:01 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »
I like all ponies.. and would LOVE to have Nirvanas and Rapunzel...TAF babies..Red Roses.. TAF Buttons.. but I WILL NOT pay a ton of money for a pony. I'm not collecting to compete. I don't need status symbols. I don't do status symbols in any aspect of my life.

Will I snap them up if I find them cheap?You're darn tootin' I will!  There's nothing like the thrill of finding an "expensive" pony for almost nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal