collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »
I just wondered if any of us remembered saving up our pony points and sending away for any of the mail order ponies? If you did - who were you lucky enough to pick? Do you remember how long it took to save? How quickly the ponies arrived, how they arrived? And how excited you were? :P

I never took part in the couple of offers we got in the UK so I am looking to live vicariously through your stories :)!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Re: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
I only ever got Love Wishes, before it seemed like they stopped offering mail-order ponies :(

I don't think it took too long.. And I honestly don't remember how many points she cost. She arrived in a small box, encased in a plastic bag. I left her in the bag for the longest time before I finally caved in and opened her.

Trying to remember the process... I think I mailed in the little cut-out points in an envelope, along with a note that said what pony I wanted, and within a week or so I got a pony mailed back :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:28:28 PM by Bebopgroove »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
My sister had quite a few g3s, and I vaguely remember the points on the package, but I don't think anyone ever bothered to save them. We only got ponies for "special" occasions (birthdays/holidays/rewards, or when we saved enough money), so it would've taken a while to save enough to get anything. Now I wish there were points, though! I get more ponies now than I ever did as a little kid!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
Yes I got a few things MO, but I was also a member of the fan club so can't remember if some items I got through there or through the Pony Points Programme. I remember getting the white blank pony and lots of badges through the FC, I vaguely remember getting a bag which I am sure was the Pony Points...is there a list anywhere of what merch came with points or through the FC?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »
I wish they did mail order G4 ponies. I would have SOOOOOO many points!!  :yikes:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »
I was a bit young to understand using points for ponies so sadly I never participated.

When I was older though and collecting Grand Champions they had mail orders, and I got so many repeats actually. @_@  Also did some not exactly mail order but magazine subscriber order model horses.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
My Mom made sure that I got all the mail order ponies. I remember her and my Aunt both sent off and got me Punzi. So I ended up having two of her as a kid.

Sadly I don't have any of those ponies anymore.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:10 PM »
i had enough pony points saved up the day the giant Frilly Frocks plush pony was offered up....so I managed to snag her :heart:
I also got Dazzle Surprise, Sunshimmer and Love Wishes ^_^ I soooo miss the pony pony system!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »
I don't even know if we even had the posibility to take part in those MO offers here in Sweden - but I do seriously doubt it.
If we did I was way too young to understand it anyway unfortunatly :(
I do know we couldn't take part in the G3 one anyway. Checked that thuroughly but had to buy the G3 mail order ponies through Ebay in the end =/

But I do think it would be interesting to hear more about it =)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »
I had pearly Baby Surprise and pearly Baby Moondreamer when I was little, as well as the Mommy and Baby MOs, but I don't actually remember when I got them or saving up for them at all. That was my mom's doing ;)

I do however remember sending in for 2 G2 Seabreezes :) One to keep MIB and the other to play with.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
I wasn't born yet :( Such a shame, I know I would have loved the fan club and stuff when I was little!

Offline LunaCat

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Apart: My Little Pony Tale
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
I got: Dazzle Surprise, Sunshimmer, Love Wishes, Poster #1 and I think the video tape but I'm not sure, I'll have to check to be sure.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
Not for ponies, I wasn't born then.
 As a child I have tried mail-ins for other things like Lisa Frank and Beanie Babies but I never received any of the orders I sent in. :( I've just had bad luck as far as mail-orders go.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »
I did! I ordered all three G3 exclusives, all of the little maps and bracelets and things, and then I ordered for the BIG one - Filly Frocks!

For the most part, they all seemed to arrive in baggies - the map arrived in a manilla envelope, and the ponies arrived in blue plastic shipping bags. I sent in envelopes with my points (maybe shipping envelopes, because normal ones would have gotten lumpy!), the cost of shipping, and a form that had a sort of 'checklist' for what was available. I'd check off what I wanted, stick the points in, then mail it off! I remember it seeming to take FOREVER before they'd arrive, though! I'd check the mail every day for two, or three weeks, then I'd give up and sorta forget about it; then, a couple weeks after that, bam! ponies! :D

For Frilly Frocks, I remember that it had been a long time since anything new, MO wise, had come out, and I was starting to pile up a lot of points. I thought, they might end this soon, maybe I should just spend them before it's too late? And just get a whole bunch of Love Wishes, or something? And then I saw the announcement for the GIANT PLUSH PONY, and I jumped on the opportunity! I bought a bunch of ponies with Christmas money, snipped off the points, and sent in my form ASAP. It's a good thing, too - because apparently they ran out, and some people didn't get theirs! :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
I did the Seafoam (if I recall her name correctly) for G2. And I remember playing with her in the tub as soon as I got her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal