collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who owns this site????  (Read 2523 times)

Stuntmang

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who owns this site????
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
Their name is on the pic, so no need to do that.

Moondancer115

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »

Do you know I didn't even see that. It is so small. And with me many others you are he first to notice. But mainly I started it cause I just want to know who makes such beautiful work.
Thanks for telling haha ^.^

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
http://hinoraito.deviantart.com/art/Mane-6-princesses-291885063
"Do not steal. And if you do, credit me if possible! Yay! XD"
You need to add credit to your sig.

Also just because someone likes ponies does not mean they have an MLPA account. The artist is hinoraito on dA, they don't need to be on MLPA to be credited.

And for future reference usually people do NOT like when their work is stolen, so you shouldn't take artwork made by others without permission. You could get in trouble.

I didn't stole it. It was just on google XD. I googled the picture just from the internet with no info from where and who it was. It is only because someone put much time in it that I know the site otherwise I had never known this.
That is the way internet works :).
And as I said I want to know who it is so that I can give it some recognation, but I don't want to make a account on a site I will not use  ^.^
But thanks all for the input!!!

And i know that if someone likes ponies they don't havr to be a arena member, but it is worth a try right?

"I found it on Google" is not an excuse for art theft. Just because something is online does not give you the right to take it and use it however you want. :/
Its okay this time, as the artist stated they don't mind, however you shouldn't ever take something that isn't yours without permission.

You do not need a dA account to say "hinoraito on dA drew this".

Its not even slightly readable. They still need to give readable credit like the artist asked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pinjalinnea

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
I didn't stole it. It was just on google XD . I googled the picture just from the internet with no info from where and who it was. It is only because someone put much time in it that I know the site otherwise I had never known this.
That is the way internet works :) .
And as I said I want to know who it is so that I can give it some recognation, but I don't want to make a account on a site I will not use  ^.^
But thanks all for the input!!!

And i know that if someone likes ponies they don't havr to be a arena member, but it is worth a try right?

Really, that's not how the internet works. Just because you found something on Google doesn't mean you can just use it where ever you like. Art is copyrighted to it's creator and they have a say on where it's posted and used. It's polite to ask before using and if you don't know who made what, don't use it. This is just for future refence, seems like Hinoraito is not uptight about this, but you should still credit them.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
Warning: Please keep this on topic. This is not the thread to discuss art theft. bfb

I hope you can contact the artist, it is beautiful.

Moondancer115

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »
Omg don't  attack me like that. I really don't like the vibe of this treath anymore.
I just gave my vision on this. And the whole point of starting this topic is to find the artist and give them credit.
And I did not stole it in my opnion I don't say it is mine and if I can find it on internet without any information what do I have to dso then? So 99% of the pictures on the internet I can not use because I don't know who it belongs to?

Now you are putting my down as a thief who stole art and I don't like that. I alway am very honest and ask persons for permission. But only o.e time I don't know who made it or how to get in contact and I am immediatly a thief who steals. Why do you think I made a topic?

Sorry if I sound angry, but these reaction made me really upsad
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:12:27 AM by Moondancer115 »

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 03:18:52 AM »
well, it sounds as if the term "art theft" and rights on pictures really need to get discussed here.
butterflybuttons, didn´t she asked for the "holder of rights" of the picture she found? isn´t that the topic than? sorry, if i got confused here,  maybe i understand it wrong? ^^"

there is a common misconception about rights on pictures growing ind the last years. am i allowed to explain it? >.<
misconceptions happen to anyone, so no big deal. ;)
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Moondancer115

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 03:23:23 AM »
well, it sounds as if the term "art theft" and rights on pictures really need to get discussed here.
butterflybuttons, didn´t she asked for the "holder of rights" of the picture she found? isn´t that the topic than? sorry, if i got confused here,  maybe i understand it wrong? ^^"

there is a common misconception about rights on pictures growing ind the last years. am i allowed to explain it? >.<
misconceptions happen to anyone, so no big deal. ;)

Yes please explain. I really don't want any problems on here. I feel really sad right now.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 03:58:14 AM »
ohm, dear, don´t worry. ;)

art  theft is, when you use another persons work, in this case art, without thier premission. I know the common misconception is, if i find it on google, i can use it. don´t worry about that, i thought so when i was younger too.
it is probably comparable to music. you can find songs easily on the internet. this is someone elses work, and you should not use it if you have no premission.
copyright is to secure, more or less, the rights, the artist has about their own work. and i think it is fair, if you want to use the work (music or art) if you give a little to the artist in exchange.
in this case, the artist just asks for crediting, so people know who did this good artwork and know where to look for more. maybe, because you credit the picture, someone checks the artist and comission something from him/her. wouldn´t that be great? in that way, you help the artist.

i believe that you a honest person and just didn´t know about it, because of the misconception. ;)  but taxel and injalinnea are right, as i explained. ^^

well, i hope this helped a bit. all in all, just put the credit on this artists work to honor it and everything is fine. ;)
(thismay be different with different artists!)

don´t feel sad or upset. *hugs*

edit:
oohhh, you did it right away! XD thank you, i didn´t saw it at first.
and thank you. ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:59:54 AM by emuel »
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!

Moondancer115

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 04:11:04 AM »
ohm, dear, don´t worry. ;)

art  theft is, when you use another persons work, in this case art, without thier premission. I know the common misconception is, if i find it on google, i can use it. don´t worry about that, i thought so when i was younger too.
it is probably comparable to music. you can find songs easily on the internet. this is someone elses work, and you should not use it if you have no premission.
copyright is to secure, more or less, the rights, the artist has about their own work. and i think it is fair, if you want to use the work (music or art) if you give a little to the artist in exchange.
in this case, the artist just asks for crediting, so people know who did this good artwork and know where to look for more. maybe, because you credit the picture, someone checks the artist and comission something from him/her. wouldn´t that be great? in that way, you help the artist.

i believe that you a honest person and just didn´t know about it, because of the misconception. ;)  but taxel and injalinnea are right, as i explained. ^^

well, i hope this helped a bit. all in all, just put the credit on this artists work to honor it and everything is fine. ;)
(thismay be different with different artists!)

don´t feel sad or upset. *hugs*

edit:
oohhh, you did it right away! XD thank you, i didn´t saw it at first.
and thank you. ;)

Thank you so much for the clear explanation! It makes so much sense now. I just had a diferent view on it.
I really appriciat it you explained it to me.
I indeed put the credit of the artist underneath the picture as soon as I had a computer available. As I said I am honest and the last thing I want is causing problems.
I just wished that other people explaines it instead of accusing me of theft :(

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
well, technically speaking, it was art theft, so they weren´t wrong, but there was a misunderstanding, nothing more. ;)
it turned out, you had the wrong information about using permission before. the others probably have been a bit unamused, because there is a lot of art theft going on by people who think thats okay.  But i am glad you are not one like these. :D i can believe you are an honest person.
i feel relieved its clear now, do you feel okay? ^^

Moondancer115

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 04:59:26 AM »
I feel a bit better thanks to you  :)
Thank you :lovey:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »
I love your sig, I hope you find who did it!

Moondancer115

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
I love your sig, I hope you find who did it!

Thank you  ^.^

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 12:39:37 PM »
  I wish i could do art that people wanted to steal. :lol:

But yeah like said before it is better to seek permission before using someone elses art. :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal