collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For the feathers that were ruffled yesterday RE: EQD April Fools  (Read 3870 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: For the feathers that were ruffled yesterday RE: EQD April Fools
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »
It's just really hard for me to get over this very personal, extremely unnecessary name-calling and general b*tchery. Someone was doing this to me in WoW today and it about made me cry. Needless meanie-butts just really bother me for some reason :shrug:

People are mean over the internet because they know they can get away with it.  If this happened in real life, there would be some real brawls and a** kickings going around.  Or maybe others would just tell the rude guy to shut up and keep his opinions to himself.  People can sometimes become completely different on the internet...

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »
Its nice and everything...but i remain sceptical of his sincerity.
I find it hard to believe that he didn't realize posting those custom ponies would end up in people just mocking them. And he was snarky towards old gen ponies long before this. We will see what happends i guess. But this is at least something.
I find that hard to believe too, but at the same time, why would he bother apologizing insincerely if he really didn't care?

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
I find that hard to believe too, but at the same time, why would he bother apologizing insincerely if he really didn't care?

This right here.  Seth's a good dude.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »
... it isn't an "innocent joke" when its trashing people's personal pages and ripping on people's art who were dragged into it unknowingly by the whims of others ...

and "Please cut it back?" how about "Knock it off!" ... i mean i'm glad someone is at least attempting to apologize, but far too little, way too late in my book ... i'm all for them having their own little "g4 only schtick", just leave everyone else alone ...

He never asked anyone to attack artist pages, including source links for all art and customs when known is the policy on the site so the artists can be found by people who like the work.

If he had come down on the few people who did the attacks, it would have resulted in more attacks out of spite.  He's dealing with rebellious teens, it takes careful wording sometimes to calm things.  He's just trying to apologize and stop any future trouble in the only way possible.

Personally, I think the whole "us vs. them" stuff is childish on both sides and should stop.  It's why I stopped visiting here a while back, the constant hate toward the current generation and its fans was rather upsetting to me.

I think the difference between g4-only fan's "hate" toward us and g1-4 "hate" toward them is that they genuinely dislike the things we like/create, while we just dislike the fact that they dislike us (and drag us into their community with posts like yesterday, obviously).

The thing yesterday upset me not because they thought it was funny to use old ponies (the MLP subreddit did that too, and it was very tasteful and respectful), but because they dragged older artists and individuals into the conflict and proceeded to bash on them. It became individual; instead of hating on g1 ponies, they hated on g1 artists.

I hope you understand that, but I think you will. The bronies here seem so calm and respectful. I think we just hear the vocal minority at EqD, unfortunately.

You seem to be under the impression that everyone on EqD hates the older generation.  This is very untrue and I hope you will realize that someday.

EqD has a large number of people who do love the other generations and there is an even larger group that doesn't care for the older generations but is respectful enough not to insult people that are fans, sadly it's the small group of people who spout hate about everything they dislike that get all the attention which is exactly what they want.  There are hateful people there, a small minority, and there are hateful people here, a small minority, that will just hate something just because it is different.  There will always be rude people, both in real life and online, there is no getting around that, but trying to force an us vs. them fight benefits nobody and just leads to hurt feelings.

I bolded above. Please don't imply that I'm the one being intolerant here - I've made many attempts and edits to make it clear that I have nothing against bronies as a group. I love bronies and the new life they've brought to ponies!! I just dislike the personal attacks from pony fan to pony fan, and those are coming from the vocal minority in the brony community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
My usually approach if I'm forced to chose between ignorance and malicious intent is to assume ignorance, if only so I'm not accusing someone of the worst.

As for EqD itself, like I said yesterday, I have good friends who frequent there, and they're not jerks at all, so I can't blame everyone.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
...i'll just slowly back out of this thread before i say something i regret
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
And locking because emotions are still running high.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal