collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware  (Read 28721 times)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
Re: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
Oh no sosilver! That's awful, I'm sorry to hear that... too many nasty people in the world. Can we get a big group hug going on here please? ;3; *hugshugshugs*

PM'ing you again ponylady!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2012, 02:00:10 PM »
wow 10 different ids?! I hate that someone is taking advantage of my little pony lovers because of all the recent popularity around the show :(
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2012, 02:02:47 PM »
If someone is able to update me on any of these other IDs, I'd appreciate it!  ;)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
There's also a chance that it's a phony name/address OR someone else's details, since we know the troll is very dishonest. I'd hate to think of what we'd be held responsible for if we posted information of an innocent bystander. >_<

If the name she is using is what is used on her Ebay account then it's her or at the very very least her parents. Nowadays it's almost impossible to make a fake Ebay account and Paypal account.

Also, a full name doesn't really put anyone in danger. Anyone can go on Facebook or MyLife and get full names instantly. I don't know why people think that if someone has your full name you are going to get attacked or have your identity stolen.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
I saw she had scammed others on another pony site. That site points people here. Unfortunately if you do a Google search for Fashion Style :muffin: Pony, it comes up near the top.

Should I email a mod with this info?
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
Claiming someone in your house took hold of your account is first thing they teach you in Scammer 101. I have seen it literally hundreds of times. Don't buy it for a second, guys. There is no sister.

The reason she contacted tinrobo with that fake story is because she IS reading this thread, and she saw that some people here have her address and the police were mentioned. Immediately after those posts were made in this thread, she contacted the one person she had a successful transaction with, in order for that person to come here and 'clear her name' with this fake story about a sister hacking her account. And she would have no doubt given you a fake address of this sister, in order to make the whole situation even more confusing, and try to get people to look elsewhere so she can avoid getting in trouble.

Don't believe her, she's just in a panic mode because she's realizing how much trouble she can be in.

I sincerely hope people who are on the Arena and other sites are keeping a look out and PLEASE alert other mods and bidders of her auctions/sales threads! Communication is key in these situations! We don't want people from other sites to get scammed, especially if she's trying to pretend to sell more :muffin: Ponies, which go for so much money right now.
Exactly, I don't believe that evil sister story for one second! So sorry to those of you that got burned by this snake, but happy to see what wonderful people there are among this pony community in light of this travesty.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
I saw she had scammed others on another pony site. That site points people here. Unfortunately if you do a Google search for Fashion Style :muffin: Pony, it comes up near the top.

Should I email a mod with this info?
We have the links already to these auctions but thank you teresat.

RPB this did not happen on ebay.  So yes it is possible she is using a fictitious name.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
If someone is able to update me on any of these other IDs, I'd appreciate it!  ;)

soarinsky
derpylove
PinkyCupcakes

The rest were anonymous. I doubt she'll use them again since she's obviously reading this thread, but it's possible that she posted elsewhere under the names in the past.

AubadePrism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:04 PM »
Even if you don't use EBay you can't fake a Paypal name. So if people sent her money they'd have her actual name.

Oh and she has to be 18 to have a Paypal account, unless she's using her parents account.

Rococo

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »

Even if you don't use EBay you can't fake a Paypal name. So if people sent her money they'd have her actual name.

Oh and she has to be 18 to have a Paypal account, unless she's using her parents account.

Pretty much what's been said above. Hopefully this cad gets her comeuppance and if she does turn off to be a minor, a nice big chat with her mother/father regarding how she shouldn't be a conman because it is bad bad bad:stressed:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
I hate to disagree but no you do not have to put your real name.  It could be a cousin, a brother, grandma, neighbor, your business name, your cat, whatever. 

I actually just went and created another account under a complete mix-up of my name and my parents address but with my real social and birthdate. And it worked.  All paypal cares about is that they can match my social to my birthdate.  So as long as her birthdate and social security number match they do not care what she has her name as. 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Rococo

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »
I thought the "sender" name for packages sent via PayPal had to match up with the bank account name used to verify the PP account?  :what:  Well, that is of course assuming she used her bank account to verify her PP account and not one of the other methods.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
I am not so sure about that, under my real account I have my shipping address as my business name and my personal bank account is linked to it with my husband's name because he is the main account holder.

And he is no where listed on my Paypal or ebay account.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »
I think as long as the name and address tinrobo shipped to match the name from the Paypal account, we can assume it's her real info.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
I'm absolutely stunned. What an evil, terrible person. Big hugs and prayers for your money back to those who got scammed by this ************ (not sure what I'd insert there, but definitely a really bad swear!!).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal