collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unleash the prototypes!  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Unleash the prototypes!
« on: June 10, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »
-slowly pushes Bonnie Zacherle’s natural colored pony prototypes on Hasbro’s desk-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sooooooo, I got to thinking, what if Hasbro Or some third party company with the licensee to make the prototypes were to quietly release the all black Pony and brown speckled Pony that Bonnie originally made, during some point in 2020?

How might you guys view these pony prototypes being released at this point in time? What do you think these guys names might be? The black one looks like a Black Licorice to me, while the brown one looks like a Caramel Cream.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:33:35 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Unleash the prototypes!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:38:49 PM »
So you%u2019re proposing that Hasbro release prototype natural colored ponies as... a quiet response/nod to the BLM movement.

Dude, what?

Edit: Well, you removed quite a bit of your post after I posted.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:47:16 PM by Safflower »

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:46:51 PM »
I would love to see more black, brown, and tan ponies! They're awesome.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 11:38:02 PM »
I would love to see more black, brown, and tan ponies! They're awesome.
they are! And with the Spirit line being successful, you would think Someone on Hasbro’s side would’ve chucked a few natural colored beauties our way.

Post Merge: June 10, 2020, 11:51:27 PM

So you%u2019re proposing that Hasbro release prototype natural colored ponies as... a quiet response/nod to the BLM movement.

Dude, what?

I’m quite certain that I expressed a desire to see these ponies released in someone’s else’s topic years ago. So discussing them in my own is nothing new.
There were no posts in this topic at the time that I was editing the op, but can we not draw this discussion down a rabbit hole, but rather discuss what the op is presenting for discussion now?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 12:01:10 AM by Mana Minori »

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 12:18:45 AM »
They are lovely, especially the black one, I would definitely buy it. I'd also love to see a liver chestnut and a flea-bitten grey.   :)

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 01:09:36 AM »
They are lovely, especially the black one, I would definitely buy it. I'd also love to see a liver chestnut and a flea-bitten grey.   :)
- flea bitten grey pony would be super cute! All the little freckles! Add while we’re adding- omg Akhal Teke pony, please!

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 01:14:47 AM »
- flea bitten grey pony would be super cute! All the little freckles! Add while we’re adding- omg Akhal Teke pony, please!

Ooh, yes, an Akhal-Teke (palomino colour) with its shiny coat!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 06:07:36 AM »
I would love to buy these. Are you saying Hasbro might make these?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 06:49:07 AM »
The black one could be done easily on any baity CP. Paint and ritdye is all you'll need. ;)

No pinto is chestnut patches on a tan body.  Its supposed to be either solid patches on a white body, or white patches on a solid body.

Personally, I'd pass on these if they were made. I don't like the collectors pose at all and I don't like purely realistic colors on fantasy horse lines, or fantasy colors on realistic horse lines. With a few exceptions, such as Breyers Newmarket and Zenith, and the silver bays in the DnD pack.

I've got plenty in my collections to satisfy my need for realistic horsies and fantasy horsies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:06:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 07:15:26 AM »
I'd probably buy the black one as she's much more appealing to me, and I'd name her Nightshade, Nightingale or maybe Midnight (super creative I know)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
Nope, I like MLP for its fantasy colours.  LaW is right, I have at least 3 horse toy companies to pick from if I want my  equines realistic.

Plus... production-wise, the darker the vinyl, the harder it is to get even color distribution.  a black pony would likely be very splotchy and show discoloration.  Bonnie's one prototype on the table there is an amazing exception but that is not likely what would come out of the factory if they made 100,000.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 08:02:41 AM »
I agree that I prefer the fantasy colors of MLP. It's also why I collect the Tokidoki Unicornos or the Lalaloopsy instead of the much easier to find natural color horses. I think it would be neat as an exclusive but ultimately I'd prefer to see something more pastel.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 08:09:10 AM »

Dude, what?

I’m quite certain that I expressed a desire to see these ponies released in someone’s else’s topic years ago. So discussing them in my own is nothing new.
There were no posts in this topic at the time that I was editing the op, but can we not draw this discussion down a rabbit hole, but rather discuss what the op is presenting for discussion now?
Well, that was my reply to the original, unedited topic you made. This is a different discussion now though, regardless of what the original topic contained that you edited out.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 08:43:32 AM »

Dude, what?

Well, that was my reply to the original, unedited topic you made. This is a different discussion now though, regardless of what the original topic contained that you edited out.

:hug: Safflower.

On the subject of the prototypes, I think the Toys that Made Us interview pretty much covered everything related to this vis a vis releases. I know there are a lot of people in the now-adult community who would love to see the natural coloured ponies released - I'm personally not much for that, because I think there's more range in what was actually produced.

Mind you, as an anniversary set, maybe 50th, it might be a nice touch as the very original basis of MLP. I'm not really sure what the copyright around those is, though, being that Bonnie left Hasbro pretty early in production of MLP. It would definitely need her to be on board.

On the other, I'm not going to break site rules by bringing a political debate into the Corral forum, but I want to underscore that the beauty of MLP as a toy is that they come in all shapes, sizes and every colour of the rainbow.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 09:18:56 AM »
I think they would make a cool two pack special release.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal