collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was your first pony?  (Read 1974 times)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
Who was your first pony?
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
What was the first pony you had that drove you into collecting?

I remember vaguely that I used to own a pink pony with a strawberry cutie mark back when i was a little girl... I don't know if she was a fakie or not, but she helped me feel better when I was younger and my family was changing drastically around me. I left her at my dad's house once, and he ended up tossing it. He was too busy raising his new family to even consider his older family, and he didn't think to see that it was his only girl's favourite toy. but i digress.

The first ponies I bought on my own were in November 2012, and they were the G4 Wedding Invitation Fluttershy and the G4 Wedding Invitation Rarity. What were yours? please share! (photos from Strawberryreef.com... Since I have a sucky camera)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Who was your first pony?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »
Ponies did not exist when I was growing up, Thoth's first ponies turned out to be real MLP but at the time we thought they where knock offs.  They where G2's my sister the great shopper had found MOC in a store.  Her first G3's where the Mom and baby Long Hair Bonus sets, her first G1 was one we found at a antique shop - Peppermint Crunch who we still have.  The Long Hairs have been upgraded since her old ones the manes got rather wild on from play. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

DemureGirl

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your first pony, that is really sad :(

When I was little I owned a bunch of ponies that had once belonged to my cousin. I didn't know any of their real names so my favourite pony was dubbed Max (because I thought it was the most male looking of all the ponies and I needed a prince for my princess).

When I was ten my cousin had a daughter of her own so I gave the ponies back to her for my little cousin. I missed my ponies because all the rest of my toys I had kept in the attic (and still have) but I especially missed my lovely Max.

I got older and still I occasionally thought of my ponies but when I was about sixteen I had a dream that I found and rescued Max from a watermill (yeah, I have some crazy dreams, that is fairly tame!). Weirdly, though I couldn't remember Max's cutiemark, only his colour, the dream helped me remember what his cutie mark was, it was fuzzy, but it looked like rings.

Again I forgot for a few years, then, at 19 I decided to look in earnest to find out exactly who Max was. I typed his description into google, orange pony with rings, but nothing came up. I couldn't even remember if he was earth, pegasus or unicorn which didn't help the search. Disheartened I gave up again.

Then, december last year I decided to try something else. I asked some online friends if they could think what the pony could be. None of them knew, but some gave me the link for a MLP identifier. After a few tries I finally had my answer.

My beloved Max was in fact Gypsy. Overjoyed I went to ebay and found a Gypsy, mint condition buyitnow. So, I did. She arrived and I instantly knew it was the same pony I had years ago. Gypsy has since lived at the side of my bed. And of course, she was lonely... And now I have about 60  :lol:

Jemstar666

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
My first pony that I remember getting was a baby Blossom who was from Santa (I mean he actually woke me up when I was 4 or 5 years old one xmas night) and also got the Nursery too, but Baby Blossom I will always hold as my first proper pony

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
I had some G3s when I was little as well as a G2 McPony but having them when I was little is not what drove me into collecting. Like many other new collectors, G4 got me into collecting. I'm a huge fan of the show and I consider myself a Brony. I was at Target one day and I saw the little G4 ponies and I decided that I wanted to get my own little Fluttershy and Rarity so I did ^.^ On the car ride home, I decided that I wanted my own Mane 6 and after that, I wanted all the G4 ponies that appeared in the show. Once I got all of those, I was "done" with collecting. I had no interest in collecting the other generations, until recently when I decided that I want the G3 versions of the Mane 6 and now I'm also in the process of collecting my childhood ponies. In addition to that, when I saw Baby Stocking as the Pick of the Day, I decided that I needed her because she's so cute!

I've also realized that there's no hope for me :blush: I'm hooked. Pretty soon I will want more G3s and I'm sure it will all go downhill from there. Although, I think I've done pretty well resisting other ponies. I started collecting back in August. So that's four whole months of resisting ponies :P
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »
I grew up on the family farm with horses, but before hat happened my dad went to law school. Till I was about six we lived away in the city, and I always saw the horses and cattle maybe once a Minh. Like all little girls I wanted a horse so ponies just happened. I was really young when they first came out, but I remember getting my first ones when I was like five. My cousin was having a yard sale an she gave me the stable carry case and pony salon with two Peachy's and a flat foot Blossom. Those girls are still around.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
I was discouraged from having toys as a child, especially anything girlish or cute, so I never had ponies growing up. But last spring a good friend sent me a detinseled Princess Primrose, and I just fell in love with her. As soon as I could I went out and bought my first pony on my own, a Fashion Style Pinkie Pie. Primrose is still my favourite of my collection.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
Never had pony toys growing up, they discontinued before I was born. But I got into the TV series reruns in the '90s and MLP remained very nostalgic for me.

When I was 14 I felt very nostalgic again so I looked up some old pony cartoons- then sort of remembered something about there being toys, so I googled it. Oddly, I never had pony toys, but they looked so familiar! Like I remember them from somewhere. I just loved how colorful and adorable they were.

Anyways, I started buying off ebay back in 2006 until I found this site :) The first ones I got were the whole set of Year 1 Rainbow Ponies and baby Cherries Jubilee. They all arrived the same day!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:10:18 PM by StarDragon »

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
my first pony was SS Scrumptious!! I LOVE watermelon and well she was the perfect pony for me. I still have her, just no pics
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
Fluttershy and RD were my first ponies, they were the ones  with their scooter/vespa ,found them at a "tuesday morning "  They were discounted for 4.99 each , they seemed super cool for that price and I had seen the FIM show recently like all the 2 seasons in a week LOL ,so I got them , and then I found a discount code in their package, went to Hasbro site and used the disc code and got the sets that were available there,then jumped to ebay to find the early releases and then ended up at the Arena through the reference site  StrawberryReef :) 
so lucky to have found this Forum/Community !
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:24:41 PM by Houstonbrony72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
I want to say my first was wind whistler ? I can't remember to well I first found them at a day care when I was 4-5 years old and loved them. I know one was a flutter and they had the first carrying case that was shaped like a stable.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
G1 Heart Throb was my 1st.

Funny my 1st G3 was Rainbow Dash, I wasn't planning to collect G3s, just got her to see "how is this new pony line", instant love.
The exactly same happened with G4, got Rainbow Dash just to check whats up with the new line, end up with about 30 G4s right now :P

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
SS Hippity Hop! <3  She was my first pony ever, and will always be the one that started my love of MLP.  But G3 got me into collecting, Thistle Whistle started it for me.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
My brushable Rarity might be what did it for me.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
I had three ponies when I was about three or so. I can only remember vague details about them: two were normal G1 pony-sized, and one was much bigger. I can remember the colors pink and purple, and the larger one (who I called Mama Pony) was flocked, because I can recall it being rubbed off at the ears. I loved them at the time, but they faded away and I don't know what became of them. And my memory of them is too vague to find out who they were :o

I really did consciously get into ponies through G4 though. I watched all the episodes spring 2011, and right after went straight to the store to look for a brushable Applejack :) Got her, and a Rarity for me brother (the one that got me into the show). A few days later I went back for that gift set, with the molded hair Twilight, AJ, Pinkie, Celestia, and Spike. I thought that would be the end of it, because I never collected toys - or anything really - and it felt silly and weird. Buuuuuut...then I went to college and had complete freedom so things exploded :D

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:22:32 PM by Jocelyn »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal