collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
i  got goldilocks. with my pony points when i was little.   shes still in very much pritine  condition.  i also have camel crunch  but i never got her in a box or anyhitng she was wrapped up in tissue paper and i was never allowed to paly withher so i  always thought she was a   mail order pony. 

i know someone who got  rapunzel and a few of the  other mail orders.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
I remember when I was little I got a poster with Star Catcher on it and a playmat through mail order. My sisters and I also some how ended up getting 4 Love Wishes because we had all of these pony points and didn't cash them in right away, and by the time we did, the only pony they offered was Love Wishes.

Sternenstaub

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
In Germany we haven't had the same Mail Order System like the US - but we were able to sent Horseshoe Points to get a free Poster - and that was what I did.  :P

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
My mom would hold onto the points for me and send in for the mail orders I wanted when I was a kid. I ended up with the full sets of both the pearlized babies and the TAF babies. Baby Dancing Butterflies was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. I'd love to have her again someday, but for now, she's above my price range.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
First of all, I was convinced these were scams.  I didn't understand why you had to pay anything for a "free" mail away pony, so that made me think something was wrong about it.  And I assumed they were not "real" My Little Ponies and I would end up with fakies.  I was little, I didn't understand.

Second, I never had enough points to get a mail away.  Any points I may have had were thrown out before I knew you could mail away for things.

I did end up getting the Christmas baby pony which I think was one of the last mail away offered in the 1st generation.  I remember using my saved birthday money for her and I saved up cereal points (I think?).  I LOVED her when she arrived and I wished I had taken advantage of the other offers. 

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »
I got Dazzle Surprise and Love Wishes :)  I had saved enough points to get Giant Plush Frilly Frocks, but was sharing a tiny dorm room with a roommate at the time, so it wouldn't have been a good idea to get her ;)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
Only mail order I ever did was for a LPS G1 husky.

Sternenstaub

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »
Only mail order I ever did was for a LPS G1 husky.

Ohhh - sooo cute!!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
My mom ordered a few ponies when I was younger with Horseshoe Points.  I clipped all my pony points and got the 3 main mail order ponies - ALMOST got Frilly Frocks but I was a few points short before they discontinued her. 

Wish they'd do the program again but I understand why they wouldn't want to.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »
Yeppers - got the three colours of Baby Ember, six of the twelve Birthflower Ponies, and the 1986 (?) reissues of Minty, Snuzzle, Butterscotch, and Cotton Candy.  I think.  I can't remember now if my Butterscotch was from my first years or laters.  She's lost, so moot. :huh:

But I remember clipping the Horseshoe Points, and giving my mum the cash so she'd write me the cheques, and then being so over-the-moon when a tiny package would arrive from Hasbro.  Made my day/week/month when I was a tween/early teen. :blush:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
Yea. I got almost all the unique mail order ponies from Hasbro, starting out with baby ember. I never ordered the duplicate ponies, I generally just go after unique ponies so I never saw a point to ordering reissues.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 04:42:04 PM »
When I was around seven or eight Hubba Bubba or Bubble Yum I cant remember which was running a promotion to win a She-ra doll in specially marked packs of gum. I ended up having a winning wrapper and was so excited to recieve a She-ra doll in the mail.  I sent the wrapper off and waited for her to arrive for what seemed like months. Finally a package arrived for me and instead of a doll they had sent me a She-ra comic. I guess they had run out of the dolls :cry:  :cry:

The only other time as a child anyway was when we sent away the horse shoe points for baby ember, I got the purple baby  :) :)

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
I remember sending away for the original set of 6 when they were re-released and one of the baby embers. I also sent away for a birthflower pony as well. I started collecting the G3s when they came out so I sent away for Dazzle Surprise and Sunshimmer. After that I stopped de-boxing my ponies so had no more pony points lol. I remember feeling like the ones I got as a kid took forever. The original 6 I swear took over a month but Dazzle Surprise came really quickly. Sunshimmer took longer but still probably within a couple of weeks if I remember correctly. I remember them selling out of her and a lot of discussion on forums from people worried they weren't going to get one.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »
More recently, I've done a few LPS mail orders. I got the jaguar and the kiwi bird. I could have gotten the platypus, but I didn't think it was all that cute. I love the two I got, though.

Now if only MLP would do a mail-in program again. They could even do it online, similar to Club Nintendo. Like they could put little slips of paper with a code that you enter that would give you a different amount of points depending on what you bought. Then once you have enough points, you trade them in for prizes. It could be anything from stickers to brushables, to plushies. It would especially be awesome if they could offer playset ponies by themselves as prizes for the points.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
Fantastic stories guys! Thanks so much for sharing - I really would have loved that feeling of getting a "new" and unique pony through the post.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal